DT Mickey Johnson

Nexus

He likes the atmosphere at UCLA and its academic support. Says that he likes Rick and could see himself playing for him. Wants to be a freshman All-American but wants to see what the western part of the United States can offer him. He'll probably take offical visits to Micigan, Tennessee, and Nebraska. LSU won't be an offical because its close to home and he wants to visit UCLA when they play USC on December 4th.

i dont see him coming here anymore... the spotlight has gotten bright and we are still oh so close away from being the trendy spot to kids...... but in the same breath why is UCLA so trendy when they suck so bad... i think whats being sold is the LA lifestyle exposure and so on... not so much the staff team and whatever... oh and the nigerian community

I'm so sick of stupid UCLA competing with us for recruits. I don't even get how they are in the mix with the same kids we are. They are the yang to our yin, the bert to our ernie, the ebert to our siskel, the chocolate pudding to our strawberry yogurt.

Oregon was that to us for a couple years as well. I don't get it either but Slick Rick could sell glasses to a blind man. He's been a slimy recruiter everywhere he's coached and trouble eventually follows. Colorado got hit with NCAA violations as soon as he left for Washington and and Washington got hit with NCAA violations as soon as he got there and after the 2nd time the NCAA came sniffing around Washington he was fired.

With the new teeth the NCAA has found recently somehow I don't see Neuheisel coaching at UCLA for much longer either.

I'm so sick of stupid UCLA competing with us for recruits. I don't even get how they are in the mix with the same kids we are. They are the yang to our yin, the bert to our ernie, the ebert to our siskel, the chocolate pudding to our strawberry yogurt.

Oregon was that to us for a couple years as well. I don't get it either but Slick Rick could sell glasses to a blind man. He's been a slimy recruiter everywhere he's coached and trouble eventually follows. Colorado got hit with NCAA violations as soon as he left for Washington and and Washington got hit with NCAA violations as soon as he got there and after the 2nd time the NCAA came sniffing around Washington he was fired.

With the new teeth the NCAA has found recently somehow I don't see Neuheisel coaching at UCLA for much longer either.

UCLA also had a DT drafted in the first round this past draft and it's in southern cal. I kinda understand why some of these kids are attracted to a school like this. From a purely football standpoint....not at all.

UCLA also had a DT drafted in the first round this past draft and it's in southern cal. I kinda understand why some of these kids are attracted to a school like this. From a purely football standpoint....not at all.

totally agree with that.. LA is a cool place for about 10 minutes... i think its more about exposure and the like than anything else

totally agree with that.. LA is a cool place for about 10 minutes... i think its more about exposure and the like than anything else

NU is no. 7 in the preseason poll and UCLA is number 45. This is after 2 full years of Bo and staff creating a new winning environment at NU.

If it comes down to UCLA and NU, I hope he chooses the school that will compete for NC's in the very near future.

http://www.sportingnews.com/college-football/article/2010-05-26/college-football-on-clock-sns-preseason-top-100

Mmmmmmm, chocolate pudding....... ^_^

• 4 weeks later...

He likes the atmosphere at UCLA and its academic support. Says that he likes Rick and could see himself playing for him. Wants to be a freshman All-American but wants to see what the western part of the United States can offer him. He'll probably take offical visits to Micigan, Tennessee, and Nebraska. LSU won't be an offical because its close to home and he wants to visit UCLA when they play USC on December 4th.

this is basically what's in the scout article.

says Tennessee is at the top now too with UCLA, but the others are close behind and he plans on visiting.

this is basically what's in the scout article.

says Tennessee is at the top now too with UCLA, but the others are close behind and he plans on visiting.

how did we go from being a top choice to like not even in da picture???

and how about tennesse.. dooley is WAC guy and many people thought he would not be doing so well over there in terms of recruiting and success (yet to be seen) but props for him for getting done....

I like Mickey as a prospect but I'm a little worried about him as far as our chances go., He seems a bit prima donna-y. If he likes UCLA better than us, winning football games is clearly not his first priority. Methinks this guy is all about having a good time and making it to the league (wants to be frosh All American to boost exposure).

I like Mickey as a prospect but I'm a little worried about him as far as our chances go., He seems a bit prima donna-y. If he likes UCLA better than us, winning football games is clearly not his first priority. Methinks this guy is all about having a good time and making it to the league (wants to be frosh All American to boost exposure).

I get that feeling from him as well, he comes off as one of those kids that will favor a team right after he visits them. But will change his mind the very next week. I would bet good money he stays in Louisiana though when it is all said and done.

• 2 weeks later...