S Aaryn Bouzos

Nexus

This all reminds me of Mason Wald (anyone remember him?) He hits like a truck yet is relatively unknown...hopefully Bouzos stays on board!

:bonez :bonez :bonez

isn't wald not even on the team and bolted to some D-II school or something??

Stamford I believe. Said he was homesick

His high school coach (Wald's) told me that he'd gotten into a bit of trouble in Lincoln but he didn't know much about the situation. (Most random meeting ever . . . dive bar on the forgotten coast in Florida. Guy walks up to me and introduces himself because I was wearing a Nebraska hat. Ended up talking football for an hour over beer and oysters.)

This all reminds me of Mason Wald (anyone remember him?) He hits like a truck yet is relatively unknown...hopefully Bouzos stays on board!

:bonez :bonez :bonez

isn't wald not even on the team and bolted to some D-II school or something??

Stamford I believe. Said he was homesick

His high school coach (Wald's) told me that he'd gotten into a bit of trouble in Lincoln but he didn't know much about the situation. (Most random meeting ever . . . dive bar on the forgotten coast in Florida. Guy walks up to me and introduces himself because I was wearing a Nebraska hat. Ended up talking football for an hour over beer and oysters.)

The sun never sets on the Husker empire.

Nebraska shows on the Rivals profile for a couple of other players on their team. I'm guessing Nebraska was scouting Luatua and Peters, and in the mean time, mostly filled up on OL, but found something in Bouzos for the defensive backfield.

Certainly seems to be an enthusiastic hitter:

http://www.ocvarsity.com/sections/article/gallery/?pic=1&id=18567

His Sophomore camp numbers weren't too exciting but enough to make all combine in LA:

http://www.nationalunderclassmen.com/nuclasoph2009bib.htm

Looks like a kid who will earn his scholarship. If nothing else, he looks like a guy who will play 3+ years on special teams. With his enthusiastic hitting and blocking, he will end up on both coverage and return units. That will be about 20 plays a game. That's more than some of our scholarship guys have played. dedhoarse

YOU DO NOT RECRUIT MANY PLAYERS THAT ARE GOING TO WALK ONTO CAMPUS AND START ON DEFENSE DURING THEIR FIRST PRACTICE!

No way, we dont recruit ANYONE that isnt going to play as a true freshman. :sarcasm

If we did that that would be an open admission to everyone that we have no talent at NU.

La Mirada (Calif.) safety Aaryn Bouzos became the second safety for the Matadores to commit to a BCS school, doing so on Thursday, when he committed to Nebraska.

"The more I thought about it, it was a no brainer for me," said Bouzos. "Coach Pelini is a defensive minded coach and the Nebraska tradition is powerful."

The Husker history, and future, also played a big role in his choice.

"It just came down to tradition, and playing for a coaching staff that preaches toughness, and who's goals are to win National Championships," said Bouzos.

Bouzos was thrilled to make his choice to join the Husker program.

"I'm excited, I'm so excited," said Bouzos. "I will give everything I've got to the University of Nebraska, and the people that live in Nebraska and the rest of the Husker Nation all over the country."

Bouzos isn't content with where he's at, though as a player, something the Husker fans will appreciate.

"I know I need to get better, and I can always get better, bigger and faster," said Bouzos. "But I'm going to battle and fight everyday to achieve my goals and one of those goals is to win a National Championship at the University of Nebraska."

Bouzos is coming off a championship season of his own, leading La Mirada to the CIF-SS title and recording 82 tackles and an interception in 2009 for the Matadores.

His fellow safety, Max Gama, has committed to Washington State.

LINK

Nebraska shows on the Rivals profile for a couple of other players on their team. I'm guessing Nebraska was scouting Luatua and Peters, and in the mean time, mostly filled up on OL, but found something in Bouzos for the defensive backfield.

Certainly seems to be an enthusiastic hitter:

http://www.ocvarsity.com/sections/article/gallery/?pic=1&id=18567

His Sophomore camp numbers weren't too exciting but enough to make all combine in LA:

http://www.nationalunderclassmen.com/nuclasoph2009bib.htm

Pete, those numbers have him listed as 5'8-and-a-half and 141 lbs...interesting. Granted they are from just over a year ago.

Looks like a kid who will earn his scholarship. If nothing else, he looks like a guy who will play 3+ years on special teams. With his enthusiastic hitting and blocking, he will end up on both coverage and return units. That will be about 20 plays a game. That's more than some of our scholarship guys have played. dedhoarse

Need to cut the guy a little slack.

Hes going to be pretty good, Oregon, Arizona, and UCLA were all close to offering. Also Notre Dame and Oklahoma were getting more involved with him. Hes legit and a very physical player. Can play corner or safety.

This is a great job by the staff targeting him early on and getting a commit. Within a month or so he would have had a lot more offers since he light up a recent camp he was at.

I didnt see D1 talent cause they got killed by a team who got only had one legitimate d1 player. i mean how hard is that to understand? im only saying all this because unlike any of you i see who these guys play and know what type of players play here. nebraska offered him and thats why he's getting looked at..its the same old story. when lazarri got offered, all of the sudden every coach felt like a genius and looked at him but it was too late. My first impression is that our coaches didnt do their homework and didnt look at the fine print. they saw hard hitter from california...didnt see that this kid plays in a terrible division, finally played a team in a higher division and got smoked and got thrown all over. i mean cmon if you knew what i knew, how could you not have doubt? and about their conference in california....its a joke. to even downplay it by saying its not the top is a joke. sorry to break your heart on that one. the fact is, there are plenty of safeties who are worthy of a scholarship and have fewer question marks and this is what we get. kinda disapointed but then again im not on the coaching staff. most of you guys sound like you are or know so much cause none of you guys are asking questions or seem to care cause whatever the coaching staff does is correct. in my opinion thats very closed minded and ignorant. i cant speak for any kid in any other state because i dont live their but this guy is in my backyard and that gives me the edge. but if this kid gets offered then why not thatDaniel Davie kid in nebraska? hes way faster than this kid and has better measurables. but wait cause nebraska's perception is that they dont have legitimate d1 talent throughout the state and you cannot project those kids..well in division 5 and lower in california, its the same way..the talent level drops quickly and with that offer to be thrown out so quickly told me they didnt evaluate every aspect.

you are not evaluating the correct aspects of recruiting.

YOU DO NOT RECRUIT MANY PLAYERS THAT ARE GOING TO WALK ONTO CAMPUS AND START ON DEFENSE DURING THEIR FIRST PRACTICE!

i understand what you are saying about him not looking like a D1 safety to YOU but do you honestly think that you know more about playing the safety position than does the staff and The University of Nebraska? imma answer that one for you: no you do not. typically players are not at optimal size coming out of high school. players also do not usually even have all of the fundamentals down coming out of high school.

you cannot expect a 5 star recruit from every one of our 20 or so recruits each year and to do so is as you say "ignorant".

if you want all 4 and 5 star players then by all means start following Texas, USC, or Florida because im sure they will do it for ya!!

Ok Bo Pelini? how do you evaluate talent. cause i guess getting thrown on by a better team with less d1 talent is not apart of the process? yes he's only one guy but besides the hit, he did nothing. top dogs show up every game. and thank you for putting words in my mouth cause everything you said that you implied coming out of my mouth didnt. as far as the size goes, i didnt say he had no size, i mean he's no corey cooper but hes not off by a lot. and next time when you mention three teams to compare nebraska with, dont choose the teams that have won 5 out of the last ten national championships, you only made my point, so actually thanks :)

me thinks you need to work on your reading comprehension skills before i will continue to chat with you. (ie. didnt compare nebraska to anyone. re-read.)

:bonez

Moschetti called Bouzos a "weight-room freak" who can squat 450 pounds, bench 350 and power clean about 270.

His 40 time is in the low 4.5's, the coach said.

From LJS article: NU commit 'a perfect fit'

he's got a 3.5 gpa as well and is a "yes sir, no sir" kind of kid. Sounds like he has an active father in his life and a family that raised him right... should be a great character, work ethic kid for the program who can play any of the 5 spots on the field... great DB utility player!!!