OT Andrus Peat [Stanford Commit]

Nexus

for anyone who doesnt say this in a disaster is kidding themselves.....

Is there some secret contest that I'm not aware of where people try to freak out more than the next guy? "Disaster?" Get some perspective, irie! We didn't NEED to fill holes in the offensive line. It's not like we lost out on a guy we had to have. Signing Andrus would have been great, but without him, this is still a very good, very useful class for us.

He must really like the academics because Stanford is on the downfall now that Luck is gone and they'll be another year removed from Harbaugh.

I was just telling my girlfriend the same thing. With USC in the conference, as well as Oregon, and then Rich Rod at Arizona, Leach at Wash St, and Sark at Washington, Stanford will start to get run over if those new coached produce anything like what they have in the past. And Stanford's defense was not very good this year either.

Either way, good luck to Andrus. I will still be rooting for him.

Good luck to Peat--sounds like he had his priorities straight, and anyone that thinks a DoNU diploma outshines a Stanford one needs to go to Kool-Aid rehab, ASAP.

Really shocked at all the chicken little responses and ill will towards Peat. I thought Nebraska fans were better than the common vermin that drags programs like Oklahoma and Texas down, but I guess not. Sad, really.

You can't compare this class to all 120 schools (with Furman, Florida Atlantic, etc.). You have to compare it with its peers, which would be Ohio State, Michigan, and Wisconsin. That's not even going out of conference.

I'm not saying we have to have 20 4/5 stars like Alabama, but this class.... is lacking relative to our peers', to say the least.

Doesn't matter how you compare it. It's still not a bad class.

You can't simply focus on the stars we signed. The crucial thing is, did we fill needs? O Line was not a need in this class. LB was a need. QB was a need. CB was a need (and we're short there, although CJ making it to campus will help).

We never signed the top class in the Big 8, either. Seemed to do OK there. We signed a top class once, near as I can remember. Failed miserably with it, too.

Didn't say it was a bad class. I didn't say I was using stars to evaluate it.

However, right now, you can't say it's a great class. That claim can be made after they've achieved success on the field, but right now, you can't compare it to the other elite schools'. It's a fine class as it stands, but with a completely non objective view, I would be hard pressed to say I wouldn't trade it for two dozen other classes out there.

Good luck to Peat--sounds like he had his priorities straight, and anyone that thinks a DoNU diploma outshines a Stanford one needs to go to Kool-Aid rehab, ASAP.

Really shocked at all the chicken little responses and ill will towards Peat. I thought Nebraska fans were better than the common vermin that drags programs like Oklahoma and Texas down, but I guess not. Sad, really.

sure it does... too bad most jobs dont really care.

However, right now, you can't say it's a great class. That claim can be made after they've achieved success on the field, but right now, you can't compare it to the other elite schools'. It's a fine class as it stands, but with a completely non objective view, I would be hard pressed to say I wouldn't trade it for two dozen other classes out there.

I never said it was a great class. I don't think anyone has. I would definitely agree with you that, on paper, it's a fine class. Would have been better with Peat, would have been better with Fuller and Shelton. But for what we needed, and what we got, it was fine.

It can always be better.

For anyone making excuses and saying this is still a "great" class or "excellent" class, you are fooling yourselves. Peat is the type of guy we need, that we MUST have in order to return to elite status. We have some nice pick-ups in this class, but we can't just keep saying "it's OK, we'll be fine" every time stuff like this happens. We have to set higher standards and stick to those standards, and do what we have to do in order to achieve those standards. If you are willing to settle for mediocrity, then mediocrity is what you're going to keep getting.

• Mavric unlocked this topic