Will Nebraska hold their weight in the Big 10

This is the reason that I hate the Big 10 and why many outside of their world consider their fans to be arrogant and ignorant.

Know your place.

Ironic post of the day.

I thought the same thing.

Please, both of you, expand on your thoughts.

You speak of arrogance in what their fans say and then go on to tell them to know their place, a statement which would be considered arrogance itself. Hence the irony.

This is the reason that I hate the Big 10 and why many outside of their world consider their fans to be arrogant and ignorant.

Know your place.

Ironic post of the day.

I thought the same thing.

Please, both of you, expand on your thoughts.

You speak of arrogance in what their fans say and then go on to tell them to know their place, a statement which would be considered arrogance itself. Hence the irony.

Cool, I disagree, but cool.

I don't think anyone in the Big 10 has a passing attack like TTech has/had. I think we've seen QB's like tOSU et al have. I think Bo can scheme against power running....lol and we've got some bigger 'backers if need be.

Let's do this! It will be fun!

DO you know why you won't find anyone in the Big 10 (or in most conferences) with a passing attack like TT? It may win you a lot of games but it doesn't win you championships.

Pryor isn't like most QB's. If he plays like he did in the Rose Bowl, he is a very hard QB to stop. He won't kill you with the pass but his all around game can/should be something special. Saying that, there is a good chance you won't see him vs NEB so it really doesn't matter. Nebraska's style of play should work well in the Big 10. I would like to think that Bo understands the conference.

LOL!!!! I'm trying to show some respect and there ya go, saying we haven't seen a QB like TP, even though we've played many dual-threat QB's. Have we gotten torched or beat by some of them? Yep. Did Bo adjust and learn and work on better schemes and start getting his athletes vs. Callahan's in the mix? Yep. Is TP anything special? The jury's still out. Not gonna judge. He could be. He has the tools.

The reason why TTech hasn't won any titles is because they didn't have the D to go with it. Give me a break...a passing attack can win the title like any other attack. It takes a D and special teams, too. Does it pay to be multiple? You bet! I'm not debating that.

I think you can win with any type of attack as long as you can play D and control the clock when you need to. Let's not be silly.

LOL!!!! I'm trying to show some respect and there ya go, saying we haven't seen a QB like TP, even though we've played many dual-threat QB's. Have we gotten torched or beat by some of them? Yep. Did Bo adjust and learn and work on better schemes and start getting his athletes vs. Callahan's in the mix? Yep. Is TP anything special? The jury's still out. Not gonna judge. He could be. He has the tools.

The reason why TTech hasn't won any titles is because they didn't have the D to go with it. Give me a break...a passing attack can win the title like any other attack. It takes a D and special teams, too. Does it pay to be multiple? You bet! I'm not debating that.

I think you can win with any type of attack as long as you can play D and control the clock when you need to. Let's not be silly.

Please work on your reading comprehension....

I said, "Pryor isn't like most QB's". I never said you have NOT seen a QB like him before. :facepalm:

Also, it is hard to control the clock when you are throwing the ball that much. Yes a great D and special teams are needed but a balanced offense usually helps a lot.

...then what was your point? Don't pretend you weren't implying that we're lucky we don't have to face TP. We've seen plenty of QB's like Pryor, whether it be recent or a ways in the past. My reading comprehension is fine and my BS detector works wonderfully!

We even have a similar QB on our team in Cody Green. He's another "if he puts it together" type of player who hasn't gotten the chance TP has. His only chance was to get thrown into the fire mid season with a very banged up offense. The jury is out on Cody Green.

...then what was your point? Don't pretend you weren't implying that we're lucky we don't have to face TP. We've seen plenty of QB's like Pryor, whether it be recent or a ways in the past. My reading comprehension is fine and my BS detector works wonderfully!

We even have a similar QB on our team in Cody Green. He's another "if he puts it together" type of player who hasn't gotten the chance TP has. His only chance was to get thrown into the fire mid season with a very banged up offense. The jury is out on Cody Green.

Talking to some Husker fans is like talking to some fellow Buckeye fans. Look at it this way, I don't see Nebraska facing Ohio State with TP on the field unless it is in a bowl game. If the Nebraska does join the Big 10, it isn't like they will dump next year's schedule (TP's jr. season). My guess, it would be TP's senior season when Nebraska would start to play a Big 10 schedule. With that in mind, you have a possible 16 teams and not everyone would play each other. SO THE CHANCES ARE FREAKIN SLIM HE WOULD PLAY NEBRASKA.

I am sorry if you feel that every non Husker fan is trying to take a shot at your team. I am not nor do I care too. Half my family lives Nebraska and are Husker fans. I enjoy talking football with them about the Huskers and Buckeyes.

Talking to some Husker fans is like talking to some fellow Buckeye fans. Look at it this way, I don't see Nebraska facing Ohio State with TP on the field unless it is in a bowl game. If the Nebraska does join the Big 10, it isn't like they will dump next year's schedule (TP's jr. season). My guess, it would be TP's senior season when Nebraska would start to play a Big 10 schedule. With that in mind, you have a possible 16 teams and not everyone would play each other. SO THE CHANCES ARE FREAKIN SLIM HE WOULD PLAY NEBRASKA.

I am sorry if you feel that every non Husker fan is trying to take a shot at your team. I am not nor do I care too. Half my family lives Nebraska and are Husker fans. I enjoy talking football with them about the Huskers and Buckeyes.

Nobody's perfect. ;)

On another note, welcome to HuskerBoard! :thumbs

Back to the original post, it is hilarious that a Big 10 fan would think the conference speed would be too much for Nebraska, when the Big 10's reputation is for being slow and plodding. That's probably not a fair rep, but the Big 10 is in the middle of the conferences, at best, when it comes to speed.

Yeah, we'll handle it just fine.

Back to the original post, it is hilarious that a Big 10 fan would think the conference speed would be too much for Nebraska, when the Big 10's reputation is for being slow and plodding. That's probably not a fair rep, but the Big 10 is in the middle of the conferences, at best, when it comes to speed.

Then again, watch the closing speed of this Iowa safety!

Then again, watch the closing speed of this Iowa safety!

but that's running with eric crouch in the frame, he makes everything look slower, like matrix-like stuff.

nebraska and missouri in the big 10 would be like releasing a pair of rabid wolves in a hen house. to say that they initially destroy their competition would be an understatement.

figure who would be in our division if it comes to that? iowa? illinois or northwestern? minnesota or wisconsin? does anyone really fear anyone of these guys? i'd stack up sec teams against missouri or nebraska before i'd consider anyone other than tOSU or mechicken and maybe that little state school from pennsylvania.

nebraska and missouri in the big 10 would be like releasing a pair of rabid wolves in a hen house. to say that they initially destroy their competition would be an understatement.

figure who would be in our division if it comes to that? iowa? illinois or northwestern? minnesota or wisconsin? does anyone really fear anyone of these guys? i'd stack up sec teams against missouri or nebraska before i'd consider anyone other than tOSU or mechicken and maybe that little state school from pennsylvania.

i think this ties in with recruiting and where kids come from in the big-10 versus big-12 and what not... i think while there are a lot of differences and variables i think the kids that nebraska recruits and where they get the majority of the kids that nebraska get could smoke da big 10 like one crack pipe

kids are gonna go where they think they can win and take it to the next level. coach pelini and staff are showing kids that nebraska is all that and more.

we were looking good before. we're getting better and better with each season.

Are you guys fine with losing rivalries with Oklahoma, Texas and Colorado in favor of The Michigans, eastOSU, and Indiana U?

We lost our rivalry with OU when the big 12 formed. I will be glad to never have to play Colorado again (not out of fear or anything, they are like a free win). Texas hasn't really been a rivalry for us either. And in most of the times they beat us in the past decade they have either gotten super lucky, were aided by the refs big time, or both. Also you leave off Iowa and the fact that people seem to think Mizzou is as good as gone. Mizzou is our only real rival left at this time. i like the sound of playing mizzou and Iowa, maybe Wisconsin? throw in a game every now and then against Michigan OSU or PSU, and yeah, im fine with losing whatever we are losing.