SIGNED CB Charles Jackson

This is not so much of a suprise. It came out before signing day that CJ had work to do in the classroom. The difference between CJ and Heard is that CJ can qualify by increasing his core GPA whereas Braylon needed the test scores higher because of his poor core grades.

As aspeedlin said with the help of his family and HS support people he should be OK if his grades this semestar are good.

Needs around a cumulative score of 72 on act it looks like. O dear we may be going through a B.Heard all over again...

http://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1204888

A 72?? Does he have to get a perfect score twice or something ha.

I am not sure if you are being sarcastic, but I'll clarify anyways. It means he has to get at least an 18 in all four sections (math,english,science, and reading) or a cumulative score in all 4 adding up to 72.

• 1 month later...

He told 1620 that he made the grade. Coming to Lincoln soon.

that's certainly great news. of course, i'll feel more comfortable about it once he gets approval from the NCAA, but this is a good sign. huge part of our class at a high need position.

• 1 month later...

He told 1620 that he made the grade. Coming to Lincoln soon.

******UPDATE*****

He got the score needed via the ACT!!! :corndance Now waiting on NCAA to clear. As slow as these guys are his Dad is hoping to hear something soon, so CJ can report for second session!! There was a backdoor rumor that NCAA is looking into the classes he took last summer to get GPA up and the family is pissed because it's delaying their son and this came out of left field. IMO "IF" this holds true we may not see Jackson till August "IF" he's short and has to take a course before joining the team. I will keep you posted on the developing story.

• Fire 1

CJ will be a starter opposite to C. Evans next year. Along with Cooper and Harvey as safties, this will be one oustanding secondary.

i'm guessing osborne and pj might have something to say about who starts at safety in 2012. you're probably right about the corners, though i wouldn't count out green, mitchell or bell. either way, we should continue having great secondaries for the foreseeable future.