The Official Chicago Bears thread

NUance

maybe it would have been "pretty stupid" like you say, but to me, it proves he'll never be a winner.

there is always someone thats willing to do it, to do anything to win. where do you draw the line? is the NFC title game any less important than the Super Bowl? have to win one to even get to the next one. The whole point is to win super bowls, is it not? So, Cutler saves his leg (possibly) by staying out. But he'll never know what might have been, and I think the fallout comes from those players thinking to themselves that they would give up the damn leg just to be in his position, to have that shot. So, I dont feel bad for him at all. It comes with the territory, all of it- the glory, the lack of it, the criticism, the reality star girlfriend, the millions of dollars...but no super bowl. Oh well.

The Bears Strike Back

Good to see Cutler getting such backing from the team.

Note the quotes from BJ Raji at the end of the column. That was good to see, too.

And a quick aside for one Mr. Deion Sanders:

Deion, I know you're a regular reader of HuskerBoard so I'm confident you'll see this and take it to heart. If there is ANYONE who played ball in the last 20 years who should NOT be talking about the apparent toughness of a current player, it's you. You were famous in your playing days as a timid, fragile player who shied away from contact. You amassed a grand total of 492 tackles in a 14-year career - an embarrassing 2.5 per game. For a guy with a mouth as big as yours, you sure don't seem to have exhibited much toughness when you suited up. Now sit down, shut up, and let the real football players play the game.

Thanks, knapplc

Grade 2 MCL sprains occur when there is partially tearing and some laxity in the joint. This would hurt like absolute hell. Still being able to walk on it, but having your femur grind on your tibia just doesn't sound too appealing to me, or probably anyone.

Remember also that Cutler is a diabetic, so taking a shot of cortisone in the knee, like some athletes do for an injury like this, was out of the question.

It was a great year but that last game was tough to stomach. I actually wasn't scared once they put Hanie in, I remember the Carolina game when Todd Collins actually got some playing time. We won but it was NOT because of Collins who was beyond horrible so I was actually happy when he didn't return. Hanie's PT has basically been in the pre-season but I've always thought he had potential. He throws a good ball. Obviously he lacks experience.

On to next year I guess. The Bears are still a frustrating team but I have to keep reminding myself that they without question exceeded everyone's expectations this year.

Go Bears.

• 13 years later...

There is a big batch of Bears fans that are out of there minds. And half of their local media reporters and podcasters.

Chicago has the #1 pick, the #9 pick, and then it's crickets until the 3rd Round (11th pick).  And then some 4th rounders.

My whole life I hear how badly the Bears suck at QB, and it is true.  

But these dumbass podcasters and local media reps for Chicago keep saying "Trade down!  We need more picks!  We need more players!  Do this trade and that trade!  Stock pile picks! Caleb will be a bust!!!"

Crazy. 

For me and the sane fans of the sport, this is all you need to know...

In the NFL you need a great quarterback and if you are fortunate, you get the greatest one possible.  Do that and you are set.  That's the bottom line.

You see results and start winning because of great play by the QB, and you see your regular players on the team start playing better with more confidence and energy. Then you can add other pieces to your team as you go.

If it was up to me, I'd draft Caleb Williams with the first pick, and then one of the top 3 receivers on the board.  Because the Bears need offense, they need to score touchdowns if they want to compete with the Lions, Packers, and Vikings.  Not to mention the regular playoff contenders (49ers, Eagles, Cowboys, Rams, Bucs, etc...)

Get the 2 best players in round 1, be super happy and call it a day.  Have a slice of of pizza, or a sub sandwich and a frosty cold beer.  Smile and be grateful.  You just won and got everything possible.  A #1 pick QB and a #9 pick WR (it's all about the offense baby!)

Don't trade down and be a dumbass for players that are rated below them. 

Bears need the best QB, a top shelf WR, and a Center.  

Forget about defense.  The NFL is about scoring and you can always find defensive players next year or in rounds 3 and 4. 

I get so tired about Bears fans & media types who make things so complicated, by talking about trading down draft picks every year, and then b!^@h about not having a QB and no offense.  It really is the MO for some Chicago fans.  

18 hours ago, admo said:

There is a big batch of Bears fans that are out of there minds. And half of their local media reporters and podcasters.

Chicago has the #1 pick, the #9 pick, and then it's crickets until the 3rd Round (11th pick).  And then some 4th rounders.

My whole life I hear how badly the Bears suck at QB, and it is true.  

But these dumbass podcasters and local media reps for Chicago keep saying "Trade down!  We need more picks!  We need more players!  Do this trade and that trade!  Stock pile picks! Caleb will be a bust!!!"

Crazy. 

For me and the sane fans of the sport, this is all you need to know...

In the NFL you need a great quarterback and if you are fortunate, you get the greatest one possible.  Do that and you are set.  That's the bottom line.

You see results and start winning because of great play by the QB, and you see your regular players on the team start playing better with more confidence and energy. Then you can add other pieces to your team as you go.

If it was up to me, I'd draft Caleb Williams with the first pick, and then one of the top 3 receivers on the board.  Because the Bears need offense, they need to score touchdowns if they want to compete with the Lions, Packers, and Vikings.  Not to mention the regular playoff contenders (49ers, Eagles, Cowboys, Rams, Bucs, etc...)

Get the 2 best players in round 1, be super happy and call it a day.  Have a slice of of pizza, or a sub sandwich and a frosty cold beer.  Smile and be grateful.  You just won and got everything possible.  A #1 pick QB and a #9 pick WR (it's all about the offense baby!)

Don't trade down and be a dumbass for players that are rated below them. 

Bears need the best QB, a top shelf WR, and a Center.  

Forget about defense.  The NFL is about scoring and you can always find defensive players next year or in rounds 3 and 4. 

I get so tired about Bears fans & media types who make things so complicated, by talking about trading down draft picks every year, and then b!^@h about not having a QB and no offense.  It really is the MO for some Chicago fans.  

Caleb Williams will be the Ryan Leaf of this draft.  Bears should go for Jayden Daniels if they keep the 1. This is a deep QB draft, they can trade down, acquire a 2nd round pick and still get a stud QB. Penix will probably still be available at 9, and IMO, is the second or third best QB in this draft

5 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Do you realize that this page started 13 years ago?

Yes. But I've also been on a hardcore Bears site for 15 years.  

And maybe Mav chose to add team info to a specific topic.  Because that way, I can vomit Bears thoughts and hate here instead of messing up the NFL 2024 thread ;) And that's pretty clever IMO

1 hour ago, Madcows said:

Caleb Williams will be the Ryan Leaf of this draft.  Bears should go for Jayden Daniels if they keep the 1. This is a deep QB draft, they can trade down, acquire a 2nd round pick and still get a stud QB. Penix will probably still be available at 9, and IMO, is the second or third best QB in this draft

It doesn't matter if the Bears draft a clone of prime Tom Brady. Institutionally, they will destroy and fail to utilize whichever quarterback it ever is.

• Worth a Look 1
On 3/13/2024 at 6:56 PM, Lorewarn said:

It doesn't matter if the Bears draft a clone of prime Tom Brady. Institutionally, they will destroy and fail to utilize whichever quarterback it ever is.

That's some truth serum I have been drinking my entire life +1

However, we are in the 2020's of the NFL and things can change.  For example, Cincinnati was an 8-8 team forever with no one thinking they could make it to a super bowl ever.  Until Joe Cool Joe Burrows went there and beat the Chiefs and got them to the Super Bowl.  So things can change.

Josh Allen took some time but he has completely changed the narrative about the Buffalo Bills franchise.  They were another average team since Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Andre Ried and Bruce Smith.  I'm not saying the Bills are super bowl bound, but they are in the hunt.

So then, why can't the Bears become an NFC force if they draft Caleb Williams?  And build an offense around him?  It is logical.  And the GM Ryan Poles came over from the Chiefs and hasn't been the bad guy during all of those awful years under management's lack of vision and player personnel.  

I am skeptical as a Bears fan because, I have lived through it all.  So I agree with your assumption that is normal for anyone to think like that off the top of their head.  

But all it takes is one.  One great QB.  One great GM.  One great OC.  One great HC (to be determined but the players really like him).  

As for defense, F that.  This league is all about offense and scoring touchdowns.  And the Bears and Steelers have always been about defense.  I mean, the Bears spent so much money on defense while their offense stunk - Julius Peppers, draft picks, Kahlil Mack, more draft picks, and now Montez Sweat. 

Do it right.  Draft Caleb Willaims.  Draft Odunze (WR).  Draft the best Center - even if you have to trade futures to move up.  And call it a day.

In the NFL it starts with offense, a great QB, a few great WRs and a Center that they are in need of. 

That's what the Bears need if they are serious about changing the identity of the past and becoming serious about today's game.  You have to score touchdowns and you have to come from behind with 5 minutes left in the game (or under).  That's the league today.

F defense.  That's what free agency and 3rd rounders are for.  If you have an offense that you believe in, the defense will rise up and play better.  Don't build around your defense.  Add pieces to it.  Just like an offense would with a great quarterback.

On 3/13/2024 at 5:34 PM, admo said:

Yes. But I've also been on a hardcore Bears site for 15 years.  

And maybe Mav chose to add team info to a specific topic.  Because that way, I can vomit Bears thoughts and hate here instead of messing up the NFL 2024 thread ;) And that's pretty clever IMO

I thought there was something about the Bears possible move so I went looking.  Obviously this wasn't where it was but I found it first so.... YOLO.

• Oh Yeah! 1
36 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I thought there was something about the Bears possible move so I went looking.  Obviously this wasn't where it was but I found it first so.... YOLO.

YOLO ...  :rollin:rollin

It's cool, it's cool... 

I do like to talk some Bears football and I don't quant to fill up the NFL 24 

I'm good here. 

If you ever visit ChiCity Sports, better bring some super thick skin, be okay with cussing and battling, laughing, and Cutler.  Or Trubisky....no filters... Sandwiches/Hoagies/Grinders.... Cubs, Blackhawks, Bulls and White Sox chuckleshuffle  It's hard core