The Niles Paul Thread

While I do get the intent of the OP, I think one must realize that similar aged young men serve this country where if they screw up it could cost them their life. I have a hunch that most of the players do not get on huskerboard especially after a loss to see how their performance was critiqued. I actually think it has been rather pleasant this week when you compare it to some weeks during the 07' season. The one catching most of the heat is Niles Paul, but I think he more than brought that on himself when he basically went public demanding the ball. He didn't put up, so now he needs to shut up. I don't read any other boards, but I'd assume we've been pretty nice here compared to what Texas fans were saying about their team when they lost to Prick Nudeheisel.

• Fire 1

yea you guys are right he should have caught that pass rex dropped and the one kinnie dropped also. Maybe he should of played defense and kept contain of those slow developing garret gilbert running plays. It wasnt a team loss it was all niles fault. The game was 72 hours ago and we lost. Im not saying he doesnt need to keep his mouth shout and catch the ball but the way this is going is absurd. I saw someone say kinnie was excused because he is more consistant than niles wtf does that mean HE DROPPED A TOUCHDOWN! Maybe everyone should stop drinking the kool aid and examine our schedule. We havent beat a solid team yet and hadnt faced adversity yet and it showed.

yea you guys are right he should have caught that pass rex dropped and the one kinnie dropped also. Maybe he should of played defense and kept contain of those slow developing garret gilbert running plays. It wasnt a team loss it was all niles fault. The game was 72 hours ago and we lost. Im not saying he doesnt need to keep his mouth shout and catch the ball but the way this is going is absurd. I saw someone say kinnie was excused because he is more consistant than niles wtf does that mean HE DROPPED A TOUCHDOWN! Maybe everyone should stop drinking the kool aid and examine our schedule. We havent beat a solid team yet and hadnt faced adversity yet and it showed.

When BK drops as many passes as Niles, fumbles as many punts and/or shoots his mouth off in the press, you can bet your bottom dollar he's going to take the same kind of heat Niles is taking right now.

Niles is a Senior. He's playing and acting like a Freshman. Expecting him to get a pass on that is ridiculous. Get real.

• Fire 3

Its getting kind of old that everyone continues to rip this kid! Move on! yes he had a bad game but at the end of the day he is a HUSKER. If you you feel the need to keep bashing this guy find another team because he is a HUSKER! With all of the things that went wrong its sad that people spend their time treating this guy like garbage. Im a huge bo supporter but we have to be honest mack brown had the better prepared coaching staff and team. We had too many mental errors and costly mistakes but to continually single this guy out is trash! Everyone loves to brag that we have the best fans, i think its time to act like it and stop kicking this guy while he is down.

Cry me a river. Niles is a big kid and he can take it. We're not saying anything he isn't saying to himself - or should be saying, if he's honest.

Niles a scholarship athlete, a senior, a team leader, a guy who publicly and in a very un-Nebraska like way demanded the ball, then proceeded to ONCE AGAIN put the ball on the turf. Being the "best fans" doesn't mean we have to sit back and accept this, and it's foolish for you to trot that line out in response to wholly deserved criticism of Niles' game.

Could not have said it better Knapplc.

Nobody excused Rex or Brandon because those plays were inexcusable. But have either of them been quoted in the OWH demanding the ball? Niles has brought it on himself.

there is a line that fans shouldnt cross.. if we see them downtown we dont rush up to them and tell them how much they suck... but at the same time we as a whole (fans) INVEST MILLIONS of dollars into this program. it is our investment. our interest and die hard enthusiasm in this program is the major reason that these players have the phenomenal facilities, and coaches to help them become men, and if they are lucky, make it to the next level. our emotions as fans can be outlandish at times. but that is our right as a fan. thats what fans do. we not only have a monetary investment but an emotional one as well. and as each day passes we will lose sight of this loss, unless another one or 2 follow. my point is, yes we are on a message board.... and yes the players read this stuff. but its like a tv channel or news station, if you dont like it DONT WATCH IT. this is our outlet to fume for a few days about a crappy or very good performance. do me a favor HUSKERFAN21 next time we over hype a player and say to many good things about him YOU come back on here and bring us down to earth for getting that guys hopes up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4T26x6GZEw

I guess you guys didn't see the Missouri game last year. He gets a pass as far as i'm concerned

can we please talk about okie lite now? jeebus

dedhoarse

Missouri and Arizona are two bright spots in 2 years, consistency is important.

I'd throw the Kansas and Colorado games in there too, but that still doesn't cut it. At this point, I'd say the only thing Niles does consistently well is block. He is a great blocker on the outside, and that's been huge for our running game, especially with all the breakaway runs we've had this year. That said, he's gotten so much pub as a playmaker, it's troubling to see the best playmaking he's done through 6 games is as a blocker.

Yeah and Rex has had 100+ yards games, can run all over the place, and generally plays a good game, has shown improvement, takes responsibility for his mistakes. NP went to the paper to cry about his issues, then when it came time to show up he chocked, and afterwords didn't seem to care. If you want to pull a Crouch and get all pouty about things you better come back and play, Eric did, Niles hasn't.

i am an active reader on these forums cause i believe a lot of you users know a lot about what you are talking about and i respect that.. but its sad to see this garbage you write about about these 18-24 year olds on the forum.. i am very good friends with many of the players on the team and specifically ones that your are very heated with. the tradition we have is unbelievable, but i have a problem with so-called "husker fans". we go through slumps, bumps or whatever.. but some of you are straight up hypocrites... PLease be supporters of these guys even with wins or losses .. husker fans are the best supporters and HATERS at the same time! give these guys a break.. no one wants to lose but there will always be a loser in a game.. they go to school, are still maturing as adults, and juggle a some what normal social life.. and i know for a fact all these guys feel the state of NEbraska on their shoulders.. they are embarassed to walk into class, walk down O street to get food because of the looks and anger given towards them from "fans".. LET THEM BE! cant take back the loss, look forward.. They are students of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln .. STUDENTS! take this for what it is.. if you dont care cool... but c'mon .. so much negativity..

Niles you need to be out practicing catch rather than typing on a message board.

I'm just glad this is his last season. I've given up on this guy. I'll await the last game of this season and be glad when he is gone. He won't be on any of my fantasy football teams in the NFL, should one of them see "potential" in him. To me, his "potential" is all but used up and he is a liability and a weak link. I can't blame his mistakes on the coaches ... he just doesn't get it and can't handle the pressure of big time ball. Perhaps he thinks he is so talented that he doesn't have to try or care ... but in the end ... deep down I think his pride is so great that he fears the moment ... and thus the "choke" in the moment and lack of concentration.

SheepdogMark

a) maybe you guys didin't see the Mizery game last year...

b ) wouldn't we need at least a semblance of a vertical passing game for NP to be a scoring threat?

c) he will break a big return in a big game this year, mark it down.

In the mean time he dropped how many balls