Stadium Expansion

My pic shows the back side of the building; the render shows the front.

I don't mean to argue with you, especially since you are the one out there taking the great pics for us, but it looks like you have the same perspective as the rendering, the front. I say this because the tower is in the front both on the rendering and on the photo you took. Looks like for some reason the design just got fli-flopped.

Base on the drawings there will be 7 floors plus an open floor on top of that and then the upper seating over that... so all in all it's going to be about 9 stories tall... right now they are working on putting the top of floor 5/bottom of floor 6... so guys, this thing is about half as tall as it's going to be when it's finished. I'll be surprised if you camera shooters will be able to fit it all in a photo from the current places you've been shooting from. We're talking Massive!!

Here's a way we could add seats...

Dig the field down about 10-12 feet and bring the sideline seats closer to the edge of the field. Imagine that: 90k looking straight down on the field, u could add primo seats on the east and west sidelines. However many additional seats 5 rows would add, it would be a lot and it would be loud

I think this is a great idea. We do seem to have a degree of space on the sidelines, im not sure we could fit it in the endzones though with the way they are designed... the field has to stay regulation size ya know. :)

Quick pic dump tonight, guys. I got an appointment.

DSCF1383.jpg

Nice! Good pictures. I used to work at Lincoln post office plant 25 years ago (left side picture). I believe new arena was located across the Amtrac railroad track, right?

Question: What's the purpose to replace arena? I thought Bob Deveney Center is (or was?) pretty much good facility.

Oh BTW, Pershing Arena is still standing?

Nice! Good pictures. I used to work at Lincoln post office plant 25 years ago (left side picture). I believe new arena was located across the Amtrac railroad track, right?

Question: What's the purpose to replace arena? I thought Bob Deveney Center is (or was?) pretty much good facility.

Pershing is still standing. The Haymarket Arena isn't so much to replace the Devaney as it is to replace Pershing. Both facilities are showing their age, and it's pretty hard to get major events like headlining bands to come to town with Pershing. I don't know if this is to do with facility conditions or politics but Lincoln also lost state wrestling a few years ago to Omaha because of the Century Link Center (former Qwest) there. All in all it's a great thing, this town might get some more excitement in it for the younger crowd other than O street.

Pershing is still standing. The Haymarket Arena isn't so much to replace the Devaney as it is to replace Pershing. Both facilities are showing their age, and it's pretty hard to get major events like headlining bands to come to town with Pershing. I don't know if this is to do with facility conditions or politics but Lincoln also lost state wrestling a few years ago to Omaha because of the Century Link Center (former Qwest) there. All in all it's a great thing, this town might get some more excitement in it for the younger crowd other than O street.

Last time was KISS concert @ Pershing, late '70s. Oh god, I'm old !

Base on the drawings there will be 7 floors plus an open floor on top of that and then the upper seating over that... so all in all it's going to be about 9 stories tall... right now they are working on putting the top of floor 5/bottom of floor 6... so guys, this thing is about half as tall as it's going to be when it's finished. I'll be surprised if you camera shooters will be able to fit it all in a photo from the current places you've been shooting from. We're talking Massive!!

Massive was the first thought that ran through my head when I saw the renderings. I got the eery feeling of Mount Davis in Oakland coming to Nebraska. I figured I would hold those thoughts until it was completed but that was my first thought too.

It's not going to be THAT big guys. Just slightly taller than West Stadium.

West stadium has 4 floors (a club level, 2 suite levels and a pressbox) that extend above the top of the origional stadium walls.

The floor of the west stadium press box (the top floor) is 113'-4" high.

The new East stadium will have 3 new floors (a balcony level, a club level and a suite level) above the origional structure with an upper tier of bleachers on top. The top of the suite level/floor of the upper bleacher section is 115' 8".

That's only a difference of around 2'. The East stadium bleachers are a few feet taller than the pressbox - but the pressbox roof isn't the highest point of West Stadium the towers in the middle are..

All told East Stadium will be as tall as the towers on West Stadium give or take a few inches. It will just look bigger because there's no empty space on top like there is like there is above the Pressbox on West Stadium.