Stadium Expansion

Those two renderings also show two different sides of the structure. The first shows the north side, facing Haymarket Park, while the second shows the south side, facing the Haymarket itself.

So are both correct? I like both! Very George Jetson-y!

No, the second one is more correct than the first. I can't remember which committee requested changes from the initial but there were suggestions made. One in particular that I remember was more windows on the front side. From the latest video it appears (as blackshirts007 pointed out) that the design has been tweaked a bit more. Personally I like aspects of both. I prefer the most recent design but wish it looked a little more like brick as the initial design does.

Hadn't looked in here for a while, so I pulled up the old 'Pinnacle Bank Arena' thread in the BBall forum, and posted the video link there as well. Also posted a link to the LJS article that talked about the area and the vid that came out the same day. I may try and walk down to the place where canopy street is supposed to be, see what pics I can get, and try and post sometime this evening or this week. Great to see all the new construction being completed downtown! The 'Larson Building' just opened (the new structure that went up where the Starship 9 theatre used to be. My opinion, but I thought they did a nice job on the building. Mutual of Omaha Bank has been in and open for some time on the corner of 14th and Q, and Chipotle's new place, on the same corner they used to have of 13th and Q, looks like it's about ready. I was surprised that with all the construction being done, they were waiting on the public plaza being put in at 13th and P to start work until Spring, but maybe some of the stuff they want to do there won't fit in with starting now or in the fall. *shrug* Don't know construction enough to know.

Much of the stuff down on the Antelope Valley side of downtown looks nice too. I'll see if I can get some pics next to the Parkway there to give some feel for those not in town, if I get a chance sometime.

Fun stuff!

Just noticed on the webcam at the Haymarket Now site that the precast appears to have been started. If you look at the live webcam look to the far left at the bottom of all the steel construction.

i went to the Haymarket cam and am a little disappointed. doesnt seem to be anyone working, come on guys get it finished already, what are we paying you for :sarcasm