Stadium Expansion

I noticed 3rd deck is apparently ready to go.....well almost. More tickets available right now?

I highly doubt it. There would be too many liabilities and I don't think there is a safe way for people to get up there yet.

Just use temporary ladders from 2nd to 3rd deck. I'll climb it ! :waste

Seriously, you're probably right. Fire code violations and OSHA too.

This thing is huge in person. I was up on the West Stadium club level tonight and took some pics. The upper deck seats are higher than the HuskerVision screen. Those are some HIGH seats.

I've got tons of pictures to post, but I have to sort them first. Sometime this week. Really, really busy weekend. Sorry.

Now that I know the source, and having read that message Lyons got, I have very little doubt the roof will be open.

No worries, jwhbigred. You're just passing along what you were told. I'm sure there are reasons known only to the City of Lincoln why the Hole wouldn't be allowed to have a rooftop garden while Barry's is allowed.

denver_post_tavern.jpg

It would just suck to have something like this in Lincoln...

• Fire 1

Over the past 6 years, Memorial Stadium has averaged well above 85,000 per game:

So, with the addition of 6,000 seats (and assuming those club loges are packed), we can realistically project the average capacity will increase to at least 90,000... I wouldn't be surprised to see the occasional 95,000.

Edit: An interesting addition: in my fraternity days, we would "sneak in" nearly 20 people by passing off our tickets (not every student was allowed to purchase season tickets per the ticket lottery). I know that most fraternities and sororities did this... so, the average attendance of the student section alone is vastly underestimated, and has been for years.

Edit: An interesting addition: in my fraternity days, we would "sneak in" nearly 20 people by passing off our tickets (not every student was allowed to purchase season tickets per the ticket lottery). I know that most fraternities and sororities did this... so, the average attendance of the student section alone is vastly underestimated, and has been for years.

Won't be any more! With the students new E tickets that will be all but impossible, unless you sell your ticket to someone but even then I don't know how that works.

When I was a student they were just starting to use the electronic scanners and checking N cards thoroughly, since then I think unknown numbers have gone down. From when I as a sophomore (fall '07) in East stadium to just last year when I bought a students tickets for the season it has gotten a lot less crowded in there. It's still packed in but there seems to be fewer people standing in the isles and stairways. No offense, but thank god they don't have to put up with that block crap for frats and sororities anymore.

Now that I know the source, and having read that message Lyons got, I have very little doubt the roof will be open.

No worries, jwhbigred. You're just passing along what you were told. I'm sure there are reasons known only to the City of Lincoln why the Hole wouldn't be allowed to have a rooftop garden while Barry's is allowed.

denver_post_tavern.jpg

It would just suck to have something like this in Lincoln...

I can tell you this sure doesn't suck.

7387067902_b718976b22_b.jpg