throwin the bones

Once again this week we see an opponent throw the bones after a tackle. Even though the score was like 24-0 or 24-7 at the time he still felt the need to throw em at us. I remember back in the early 90's when our team used to hold up 4 fingers at the end of the 3rd qrt. to show that the 4th belonged to us..We were in better shape and would wear you out. After awhile other teams started doing the same to show they werent intimidated or it was theres too or something ,anyways now everybody does it and its meaningless. So now will everyone start to copy throwin the bones and make it lame and played out too or can we keep something ours?

Once again this week we see an opponent throw the bones after a tackle. Even though the score was like 24-0 or 24-7 at the time he still felt the need to throw em at us. I remember back in the early 90's when our team used to hold up 4 fingers at the end of the 3rd qrt. to show that the 4th belonged to us..We were in better shape and would wear you out. After awhile other teams started doing the same to show they werent intimidated or it was theres too or something ,anyways now everybody does it and its meaningless. So now will everyone start to copy throwin the bones and make it lame and played out too or can we keep something ours?

He wasn't copying us. He was taunting us.

It also happened in the Texas game and it got flagged. I thought he should've been flagged today.

He wasn't copying us. He was taunting us.

It also happened in the Texas game and it got flagged. I thought he should've been flagged today.

They know what they are doing, it is taunting! Getting flagged is another thing though, to me they look just more stupid that way, throwing the bones down by 3 scores, ya, your a bada$$!

...I remember back in the early 90's when our team used to hold up 4 fingers at the end of the 3rd qrt. to show that the 4th belonged to us..We were in better shape and would wear you out. After awhile other teams started doing the same to show they werent intimidated or it was theres too or something ,anyways now everybody does it and its meaningless. So now will everyone start to copy throwin the bones and make it lame and played out too or can we keep something ours?

You can't really be trying to tell us that Nebraska started the four-finger tradition, can you? :facepalm:

Won't complain and don't think it should be a personal foul. These are the types of things that add to the pageantry of college football. It's what makes it such a special part of the sports world.

He was an idiot for doing it while Mizz was getting their asses handed to them though...

Well said