Suspension upcoming?

huKSer

So does #47 for ISU get suspended for the cheap and flagrant attempt to rip of Rex Burkhead's head off?

Today is the day the suspension should be announced. This is Beebe's golden opportunity to show that he has a consistent policy of protecting players from flagrant fouls.

If Klein is not suspended, it may not mean that there's a conspiracy, but it sure won't put those concerns to rest.

It will also solidify for all time the fact that Beebe is worthless as a commissioner. This is his chance to start rebuilding his reputation, the reputation of his conference, and to uphold the standards of fair play espoused by the Big XII and the NCAA.

Expect silence.

So if you're Klein, who might not have known if Burkhead had crossed the goal line, why not wrench away?

C'mon Sherm, you can't seriously believe that, can you? Klein knew full well he was 1 yard deep in the endzone. And you can't tell me he hadn't heard the whistles blowing all around him. Klein had intent to injure - that's the bottom line.

• Fire 1

I think the whole thing was BS

1st the Ref missed the call

2nd the D player may have thought he had 6 inches to go to get the TD so he was pulling on what he thought was a pad not helmet

3rd Seems to me like players are always tossing each other off the pile to it was a crap call

Over all I think this is why the whole idea of suspending a player based on a tape is something the NCAA or big12 should be careful about. Every week we get hours of tape from tons of angles and every week these get looked at and micro managed by coaches and fans. Bottom line is that when a suspension happens the league will usually end up looking like fools because of all the things that are not called. Basically trying to mind read intent makes them look like an ass because they assume but the "me" is not part of the deal.

• Fire 1

Over all I think this is why the whole idea of suspending a player based on a tape is something the NCAA or big12 should be careful about. Every week we get hours of tape from tons of angles and every week these get looked at and micro managed by coaches and fans. Bottom line is that when a suspension happens the league will usually end up looking like fools because of all the things that are not called. Basically trying to mind read intent makes them look like an ass because they assume but the "me" is not part of the deal.

Exactly. That's what we should really take from this situation - not that the Burkhead foul wasn't legit, because it was, but that the Martin hit shouldn't have been retroactively punished. Once that retroactive punishment was established and not carried out in this instance, the whole process becomes foolish.

Did anyone really think Klein would be suspended? Of course not. The whole thing was an exercise in absurdity.

And Mr. Beebe plays "absurd" like nobody's business.

You the thing that bothers me the most was the intent. There, of course, are really bad face mask penalties while a play is being run, some are malicious and some are bad but could be due to things just moving really fast during a play and not being able to get a hand back or whatever. This facemask was after the play was over and just so vicious and flagant. Mostly I think these young men are probably pretty decent people, but then there are a-holes like this that need to be taught a lesson.

It is the worse cheap shot bs play I have ever seen. Intent to injure, maime or kill. Nothing from Beebe. I lost respect for him a long time ago. I haven't had any reason to change my feelings. I emailed PTI and asked them to air this BS. If you can air the soccer girl pulling hair and then come back a year later and air the one year anniversary of that event, you should be able to say 10 seconds on how bush league this was. Someone needs to teach this guy a lesson.

Coach Rhoads had a chance to do the right thing too. He hasn't said a word on this either. Loser!!!!