Man Up!

It is ridiculous to say TM could've played. Look at the playcalling with Green in there. It's obvious they don't have much faith in him, hell we never used the wildcat til we knew we had to play CG. Granted we probably should've tried it against Texas. They'd have played TM if they could. The rest of the post I could argue with but take. But saying TM could've played is just silly. Hell we didn't even have our top back-up Lee to plug-in.

Plenty didn't go our way or could've been avoided like your missed fg's and turnovers. Paul fumbled a ball he never should've run-out of the endzone. Helu got held-up forever with no whistle and it appeared his butt was down when the rip-move occurred. Unfortunately the ump wasn't even looking, he just saw a ball on the ground and made an assumption. You scored a td on an illegal pick-play, that is supposed to be PI. Our last series of regulation was a monumental gaggle****.

ISU did play a hell of a game and we did get lucky. With a better-thrown ball that 2pt-conversion wins the game. Hell if not for the wind that pass may well have been a completion. I'm sure the holder didn't get to practice into a high wind that would throw his lollipop pass off.

That one did it's damage........guarantee it ripped the hearts outta many a clone.

ISU played their hearts out, this one will sting for awhile. As bad as Colorado is currently at this present time look for them to pull out a W versus ISU next week.

Online posters have no idea how hard it is to get up from an NFL style playoff/make or break game like NU had vs. Mizzou the previous week to not have an emotional drain/let down game the next week. To cap that off playing a team that sees you as their super bowl.

Fighting the terribly one sided officiating, using the 3rd string QB who hasn't played all year, playing in the ultimate wind tunnel known as that stadium, that was a good one for the skers.

Good game clones.

• Fire 1

Feel better, Cy?

Yeah u guys played hard which makes it even tougher to swallow. But get over yourself. ISU is NOT and NEVER WILL be on equal footing with Nebraska. rhoads can bring them up a lot and they may win a few more games than their usual 4-6 wins, but we have absolutely dominated this series for over 110 years. 110. We had a period of 3 to 4 years where we struggled by our own standards, but look...already back in the top 10 with 10+ wins the last 2 years.

I respect Cy and all he brings to this board, but let's have some perspective here. Equal footing? No

My hat goes off to Iowa St. you guys played one hell of a game, BUT!!! We had a RUNNING BACK playing quarterback almost half of the game and you guys still couldn't beat us. There isn't much more that can be said is there.

Niles Paul must secretly be a Cyclone fan, I mean seriously, he tries to give them the game every time.

Cy, you are a great guy and I am sure I speak for most on this board that we would love to see you stick around.

Your team is still terrible

we didn't even have an actual quarterback. Both Martinez and Lee were injured and Cody Green was somewhat injured he can't even correctly play the QB position. Thats why Rex Burkhead was taking snaps.

And we were missing Dennard on the defensive end. Niles also had leftover butter on his fingers from the Texas game. Seriously if Taylor Martinez was playing, this game wouldn't even have been close.

Quit with the excuses and admit that ISU is actually playing at an equal level now. Enough of the "the officials sucked" and "we had all our stars injured" crap. I'm tired of hearing excuse after excuse from certain people who cannot admit that Iowa State, with their tacky little stadium, their puny little athletic budget, their USCesque uniforms and their silly little mix of one-star and walk on players are capable of playing football at Husker level.

Boo hoo...your "star" QB didn't play today. Bull...he looked perfectly able to play when he got in for the play where Green got his bell rung. Bo just didn't want to "waste" him on a lowly team like Iowa State. Anyway...what does it matter what with all the amazing recruits the Huskers have. Why, ISU is so pathetic you should have been able to pull a fan out of the audience and still win by 30! Heck, all he had to do was hand off the Helu and if he could slash MU for 300 yards, he should be able to run from Ames back to Lincoln without anybody laying a hand on him! And even if the offense sputtered, that fantastic defense should be able to force at least 10 safeties and hold the retarded ISU team to negative 100 yards...

Face it...ISU left 6 points and a victory on the board with the two missed field goals. The Huskers didn't win because of anything they did but because of two missed kicks and a limp wristed pass from a punter. ISU beat ISU...Nebraska had nothing to do with it. Our offense gave you two touchdowns with an unforced fumble and an interception. You were outplayed on both sides of the ball by a team that was, on the particular Saturday, clearly your equal. Statisically, frankly speaking, ISU crushed you. Facts are fact...just like the fact that last year we beat you with our second string QB, HB and half the defense down with the flu.

Knock off the attitude that it was everybody's fault that Saturday almost ended with a resounding thud in Ames. This team is not that good and ISU is not that bad.

Thank you for attending today's sermon...please drop some money in the collect plate on your way out the door.

Err... yeah it wouldn't have been close if we weren't down to our third string QB and without one of the best CBs in the nation. And you know it.

And the only reason it went into OT is because Niles Paul is a clown that should be playing for the USClones.

Nebraska 31 - ISU 30

Looks to me like Nebraska beat ISU. It's football, it's why we play it on the field.

That ISU team played their guts out and Nebraska didnt, thus we had a close game. But Cy, this thread was unwarranted and absolutely looks like sour grapes. You know as well as anyone that there are posters here that blow things out of perspective and will make up excuses to validate that their favorite team is way better than everyone else. Truth is we got outplayed.

The two biggest problems I have seen all year for nebraska come down to focus and demeanor on the field - which results in terribly inconsistent play:

Untimely Penalties

Lack of passion/leadership

ISU is superior in the aforementioned and I think contributed to what was a very close game yesterday.

Quit with the excuses and admit that ISU is actually playing at an equal level now. Enough of the "the officials sucked" and "we had all our stars injured" crap. I'm tired of hearing excuse after excuse from certain people who cannot admit that Iowa State, with their tacky little stadium, their puny little athletic budget, their USCesque uniforms and their silly little mix of one-star and walk on players are capable of playing football at Husker level.

Boo hoo...your "star" QB didn't play today. Bull...he looked perfectly able to play when he got in for the play where Green got his bell rung. Bo just didn't want to "waste" him on a lowly team like Iowa State. Anyway...what does it matter what with all the amazing recruits the Huskers have. Why, ISU is so pathetic you should have been able to pull a fan out of the audience and still win by 30! Heck, all he had to do was hand off the Helu and if he could slash MU for 300 yards, he should be able to run from Ames back to Lincoln without anybody laying a hand on him! And even if the offense sputtered, that fantastic defense should be able to force at least 10 safeties and hold the retarded ISU team to negative 100 yards...

Face it...ISU left 6 points and a victory on the board with the two missed field goals. The Huskers didn't win because of anything they did but because of two missed kicks and a limp wristed pass from a punter. ISU beat ISU...Nebraska had nothing to do with it. Our offense gave you two touchdowns with an unforced fumble and an interception. You were outplayed on both sides of the ball by a team that was, on the particular Saturday, clearly your equal. Statisically, frankly speaking, ISU crushed you. Facts are fact...just like the fact that last year we beat you with our second string QB, HB and half the defense down with the flu.

Knock off the attitude that it was everybody's fault that Saturday almost ended with a resounding thud in Ames. This team is not that good and ISU is not that bad.

Thank you for attending today's sermon...please drop some money in the collect plate on your way out the door.

I'm sorry, but I just have to laugh at the first paragraph. Mentioning the fact that we lost not only our singular most potent offensive weapon, but also our best corner and arguably our best defender this season does not qualify as an 'excuse'. It's a thing called a reason. For example, breaking my leg in six places is not an excuse for why I can't walk very fast. It is a predictable hindrance that would make anyone's walking business harder, even if they walk fine every other day of the year.

Break down the game.

We start our third string QB in a hostile environment with both teams playing for all the marbles. Iowa State has their good days and their bad days like any team, but they're at home, and field position favored you most of the day. If Cody Green has one sure talent we've seen, it's that he has a big arm. It's not especially accurate, but he can fling it down the hashes. With a 20 MPH wind blowing in your face half the game, your offense is essentially made one-dimensional, and even with our PA game, no one seriously thinks we're going to let someone as mistake prone as Green throw thirty passes.

We get conservative. Talent should win the day. Talent almost did win the day. If David doesn't get knocked off the play on the first 4th Qt touchdown, probably we're still up ten. If Niles Fumble doesn't do the chicken dance of stupidity on the thirteen yard line, probably we win the game by 10 or 13.

No excuses necessary. We made dumb, stupid, moronic plays in the fourth, and let was should have been a victory lap offensive series become an overtime debacle. One interception off a boneheaded play call later, and the Huskers win on Luck 'n Talent in the secondary.

As far as ISU being on equal footing as Nebraska, dare to dream, but last I checked we're on a pathway to Dallas while ISU is still searching for a bowl game. Good luck with that, by the way, because whatever you think if Missouri, they ain't exactly pushovers. It's no trick to upset a good team once in awhile. Statistics demand it happens. Winners win a lot. Losers lose a lot. Mediocrity wins a few and loses a few others, wins big and gets blown out.

I congratulate the way ISU played yesterday. They did everything that was necessary to win, got the breaks when they needed them, but came up short. Excuse making is a waste of time.

I say congrats to ISU, they played a good game. Paul Rhoads is going to be a helluva coach. I am pissed though because I was at the Breeders cup and I put $100 on Zenyatta and she loses by a nose. I guess the football gods were on our side while the horse racing gods were not on my side. Damn you Blame!!!

Rest in Peace Rough Sailing, you ran well until the end

im sorry but im sick of cy. this is not his first troll post just look back and you will see. one example is when he whined that we are quiters etc. because the big 10 wanted us and not the lowly cyclones. sorry had enough of the guy and dont see any reason to show him any respect.

If we're going to throw Cy under the bus for a few posts against our Huskers and Husker fans, we're going to have to part ways with about half of HuskerBoard membership, and about half of all Husker fans in general. Bagging on the Huskers/Husker fans isn't just an outsider thing. Truth to tell, Cy is just doing what a BUNCH of Husker fans already do.

Wow, lets be honest here. It takes alot to piss off Cy. He is a huskerboard legend and deserves our respect. Im sure he and the other clones are devistated at this loss. Cy, i am not argueing with what your laying down. We won the game but you played hard. Hes right though, on paper green and company should of been to handle business with no problem. But thats the thing with ISU lately, they play hard and with passion. Yes we are passionate as well but they wanted it bad today. You and the clones forever have my respect and i will continue to root for them for a long time.

I really don't care about a posters "legacy" here on huskerboard. Say something ridiculous and you don't get a free pass. Cy stick to the prediction threads.

• Fire 1

Cy, last year and this year, ISU did play with us. In fact, with Paul Rhoads around, you guys might have made it a competitive series year in and year out. I am not making any excuses for us - you guys flat played some ball, and hung in there, and showed lots of heart.

But there's no moral victories in football. If there was we'd have a winning record against TXass. I feel your pain, but a L is a L however it comes.