LB Quanzell Lambert [Rutgers Commit]

Nexus

Little surprised, considering what we'd heard leading up to this....HOWEVER, good for Quanzell, Schiano really is great at keeping those in-state recruits home, and this is a HUGE get for Rutgers. If there was a school I would've wanted him going to other than NU, it would be them.

On a side note, I might've flipped a lid if he picked Iowa over us, but I'm ok with this, considering we already have 4 LB's committed, and if Afalava qualifies, it's not a huge loss. Sucks to lose him, though...

Little surprised, considering what we'd heard leading up to this....HOWEVER, good for Quanzell, Schiano really is great at keeping those in-state recruits home, and this is a HUGE get for Rutgers. If there was a school I would've wanted him going to other than NU, it would be them.

On a side note, I might've flipped a lid if he picked Iowa over us, but I'm ok with this, considering we already have 4 LB's committed, and if Afalava qualifies, it's not a huge loss. Sucks to lose him, though...

I'm not sure why you were surprised. For that couple of months everything reported had Nebraska 2 at best. And once found out grades weren't likly to be an issue and we got Afalava, we really didn't care he came or not. We had them rated about the same and several people think Afalava has more upside. He progressed greatly in the footage from his Sr. year. The coaches were much more excited about him in the past month than they were Q.

I'm not sure why you were surprised. For that couple of months everything reported had Nebraska 2 at best. And once found out grades weren't likly to be an issue and we got Afalava, we really didn't care he came or not. We had them rated about the same and several people think Afalava has more upside. He progressed greatly in the footage from his Sr. year. The coaches were much more excited about him in the past month than they were Q.

I agree, we have a solid LB this class, it's recruiting just gotta move on. Hopefully Fuller doesn't wanna stay close to home.

Well, I'll take your word for it, since from what I've read from you, you seem to know what you talk about....and I said I was a little surprised, moreso because I've seen it was basically down to NU and Iowa, and he went with Rutgers, which would've surprised me even more, had I not seen the article with his quotes about making his own history and such...just saying I would've liked to get this guy, as he has a really nice frame, and with proper coaching, could be something special.

Just my uninformed opinion, though.

You guys are bagging on him because he didn't go to Nebraska? He made made the choice that he thinks is right for him. I'm sorry, but NU is not the right place for everyone. So how about we be happy for him and support his decision instead of ripping on him just because he didn't pick the school we wanted him to.

• Fire 2