New Offensive Coordinator? Who would it be?

ladyhawke

If Shawn Watson were to get the boot who would you predict would take his place? My husband and I were wondering about that and he wondered how Scott Frost would do in that position. Scott is at Oregon right now. Would he be a valid candidate?

-ladyhawke~

I could see Scott being a candidate. Probably a strong candidate too.

I would have to throw in the name Damon Benning. He coaches a high school team in Omaha that is if i'm not mistaken very competitive year in year out. I watch him talk a lot on Big Red wrapup and the man is very intelligent when it comes to scheming and quite frankly knows his sh#t.

Absolutely not to the Damon Benning suggestion. He's an O.K. guy, but he has coached Omaha Northwest for two seasons now and this last year they lost every game. This was their schedule and outcomes. LINK

As far as Frost is concerned, what type of offense would he implement? He has been at Oregon for years and was a pretty good option quarterback.

I would have to throw in the name Damon Benning. He coaches a high school team in Omaha that is if i'm not mistaken very competitive year in year out. I watch him talk a lot on Big Red wrapup and the man is very intelligent when it comes to scheming and quite frankly knows his sh#t.

He coaches omaha NW I think and took over a weak program. They haven't ever been good but he is trying to change the culture. But, I think he is VERY football knowledgable and would love to see him on staff in some capacity with that knowledge and understanding of nebraska tradition. Not sure if he's ready to be an OC right away but def could see him there in near future.

From what I have heard, Scott and Bo dont really see eye-to-eye. I would guess either Barney Cotton, or Tim Beck would get the OC job.

We've done that once. Please god not again.

It will be Tim Beck if we were to hire promote someone on staff already.

I would love for Frost to be here on the sideline, he's a nebraska guy. Frost knows what it takes to win championships. He knows Oregon offense, which would greatly benefit us.