Bo looking into the Miami HC Job

epocSoN

Ok guys, my gut feeling.

Bo does not get along with Watson..want's a new OC

Bo did not like Hervey's comments..I did not like them either.

By not responding to any of the rumors he keeps everybody on edge..that's what he wants.

He knew and had planned for Martinez to start the OU game but never made it public, he wanted to rely on Watson...Watson failed.

The bottom line what Bo is saying is..Harvey don't throw me under the Bus or you will looking for a new head coach...To TO I want a new OC.

I believe Bo will stay..He would be taken a step down to go to Miami. Bo is working all this to his favor..and I say more power to him for doing so.

Pearlman is a fricken tool. He needs to shut his damn trap and worry about running the university and let Osborne worry about the athletic dept before he screws everything up again like when Petersen was hired.

Is there a riff going through the administration? Did Bo or his agent go over TO's head? If so, how does this sit with Tom and Harvey? With all the drama this year and with the end of last year, how much more does the athletic department take?

If Bo is out doing 'feelers' without TO's permission, is this the beginning of the end?

Well, if there is a riff between the administration and Bo, and the two sides are sort of playing politics with this whether it be over Perlman's public admonishment or over salary, Bo's already won. See this 9 page meltdown? Nobody wants to see Bo leave. Osborne and Perlman have done a great job with the athletic department and the move to the Big 10, but Bo's the head football coach in the state of Nebraska, he's popular with the fans, and he's done an outstanding job in the last 3 years. Perlman and Osborne can't let him get away, they're gonna have to give him what he wants... If that's even what this is about.

8 pages....

why?

Because some people are stupid who continued to believe in this stupid rumor and drag it out. Here is what Pelini and Osborne had to say but yet people still believe in this stupid rumor.

Bo

"I don't address rumor and innuendo"

Osborne

"Bo's never talked to me about anything like that," Osborne said. "If he got permission (to talk to Miami), he didn't get it from me."

The Associated Press reported that a secretary for Osborne said he had told her to tell callers: “There’s nothing to comment on.”

As a poster below said, it's not a rumor, it's been reported by 2 news outlets. If this was not true, it would be really simple for Bo to say, "I am happy at Nebraska and am not looking for any other jobs at this time." That would put this report to bed instantly. Or TO could say, "We have not been contacted by Miami requesting permission to talk to Bo, and Bo has not requested permission to talk to Miami."[/b]

You have to read into their vague statements. As far as this is concerned, I get the feeling that maybe Bo wants to be somewhere where there is a little less pressure (maybe) and the fact that TO is looking over his shoulded and possibly questioning his every move could bother him. I'm sure the public admonishment from Perleman didn't sit too well, either.

TO did come out and say this.

Link?

What we know...

TO says Bo didn't have permission to speak with Miami or anyone else

TO's office say there is nothing to comment about

Bo says he doesn't respond to rumors

Miami says they have talked to Bo

Carl loves Arbys

Is there a riff going through the administration? Did Bo or his agent go over TO's head? If so, how does this sit with Tom and Harvey? With all the drama this year and with the end of last year, how much more does the athletic department take?

If Bo is out doing 'feelers' without TO's permission, is this the beginning of the end?

Maybe Bo didn't talk to the U but Nebraska cann't stop his agent from talking to Miami or any other team.

If he is leaving, why go out recruiting?

If you were looking for a new job, would you quit doing your current one? If you did, you'd better be darn sure you get a new job, because you will have burned your bridges with your current employer.

I don't think he's leaving, mind you. Everything I'm reading now says he's sending a message and or, simply wanted to hear his old friend out. But, even if he was leaving I would expect to see him going full speed ahead with this one until the minute it was a done deal that he was going to Miami.

8 pages....

why?

Because some people are stupid who continued to believe in this stupid rumor and drag it out. Here is what Pelini and Osborne had to say but yet people still believe in this stupid rumor.

Bo

"I don't address rumor and innuendo"

Osborne

"Bo's never talked to me about anything like that," Osborne said. "If he got permission (to talk to Miami), he didn't get it from me."

The Associated Press reported that a secretary for Osborne said he had told her to tell callers: “There’s nothing to comment on.”

As a poster below said, it's not a rumor, it's been reported by 2 news outlets. If this was not true, it would be really simple for Bo to say, "I am happy at Nebraska and am not looking for any other jobs at this time." That would put this report to bed instantly. Or TO could say, "We have not been contacted by Miami requesting permission to talk to Bo, and Bo has not requested permission to talk to Miami."[/b]

You have to read into their vague statements. As far as this is concerned, I get the feeling that maybe Bo wants to be somewhere where there is a little less pressure (maybe) and the fact that TO is looking over his shoulded and possibly questioning his every move could bother him. I'm sure the public admonishment from Perleman didn't sit too well, either.

TO did come out and say this.

Link?

Journal Star

It has also been posted several times in this ongoing trainwreck of a thread:)

What we know...

TO says Bo didn't have permission to speak with Miami or anyone else

TO's office say there is nothing to comment about

Bo says he doesn't respond to rumors

Miami says they have talked to Bo

Carl loves Arbys

Maybe Bo didn't talk to the U but Nebraska cann't stop his agent from talking to Miami or any other team.

After thinking about it, Miami said they spoke with Bo and that they were getting mixed signals from him. So maybe in my OP, I shouldn't have included his agent. It sounds like Bo has spoken directly to Miami's AD. From my understanding, Bo or anyone representing Bo are not permitted to explore other employment opportunities without the school's approval.

Journal Star

It has also been posted several times in this ongoing trainwreck of a thread:)

Link no worky :bang

www.journalstar.com

It is in the Husker extra section in the article titled "Pelini mum on Miami Job"

It is also in the first 4-5 pages of this thread. Osborne did say that he gave no permission to Pelini to talk with Miami. However, Osborne comment didn't do much because now people assume Bo went over Tom's head.

This rumor is going to go on until Bo says it is all BS. Even then, I have a feeling it will continue with every job that comes open.

I'll say one thing, I do not want Bo to leave, however, if he is playing childish games then I really don't give a sh*t. If he actually talked to Miami about the head coach job, and I don't care what problems Bo,TO,and Perlman might have going on, and he didn't have the cajones or show TO the respect he deserves(this guy did give Bo his first head coaching job, etc) then F' him.

If he wants to be childish and play games to try and get his way on things, screw him. If he wants things changed on his team, then just have the balls to tell TO. Something tells me he will listen and work with him. And the whole Perlman thing, just drop it and move on. I would think Bo has enough things to worry about without keeping a grudge, but if he is then again I say, grow the F' up!

So, how about this staff and administration grows up and take things on like men! Take a lesson from Coach D'Amato:

"That's a team gentlemen, and either, we heal as a team, or we will die as individuals. That's football guys, that's all it is. Now what are you gonna do?"

If this is true and he did talk to Miami like was reported on the morning news then Bo can leave IMO. If you don’t want to be here then get out. This isn’t like an assistant coach talking to another school about a better position then the one they currently hold. This is a Head Coach at a Top 20 program talking to the A.D. of a school that isn’t ranked and is in turmoil.

If it is because he got publicly reprimanded by Pearlman I say, stop acting like a moron on the sidelines and that would stop your boss from publicly reprimanding you.

If it is because he wants to fire Watson and T.O. won’t let him I say T.O. needs to stick to being an A.D. and let the Head Coach make some big boy Head Coaching decisions and Bo needs to sack up and make the decisions that he sees fit for his program.

If it is because of the media and fan treatment I say “this ain’t intramurals brother”. Nut up and be a big boy and handle the crap that comes with the job. He makes over $2,000,000 a year he should have a little thicker skin.

If it isn’t true and he hasn’t talked to them I say great and bring on the talk about the bowl game.

I dont understand how you can say never talk to anybody else about another job. TO did it and even went down and interviewed for the colorado job because of the pressure to win at nebraska. So you are saying that you wanted TO to leave because he talked to another school. Your telling me that you have never looked at another job even if you are happy with the one you have just to see whats out there?