Norm Chow for OC?

No. We run the Spread offense and he runs a Pro Style West Coast Offense or I think he has in the past. I really don't think he would really fit in here.

Well we unfortunately run a spread here. I would love to see us go away from it though. I would much rather see a pro style non west coast O.

I would love to see an offense like tOSU, v tech, or lsu runs. More power running with no read(can sprinkle read in) and efficient passing game with some vertical shots. You can also use athletic qbs like pryor and tyrod taylor to run and move around to put more pressure on defenses.

I think this would also help get in athletic qbs with good passing abilities and some good wrs since we will actually get them the ball.

As (one of) the board's resident USC follower(s), allow me to chime in on this:

First and foremost, Chow wasn't fired at USC. He left after the 2005 Orange Bowl victory over Oklahoma to pursue a job as the offensive coordinator of the Tennessee Titans under former Trojan, Jeff Fisher.

Second, I am not entirely convinced that Chow is that legendary of an offensive coordinator. I say this because Lane Kiffin as OC got more production out of the same offensive players in the 2005 season than Chow did in 2004. Where I think Norm Chow really shines is as a QB coach. He is probably one of the best in the country at teaching QBs to read defenses.

Third, as others have pointed out, he runs a Pro Style Offense with a dedicated run/pass balance. He likes to run plays with a two-back system. He has absolutely no experience with scrambling QBs.

One positive is that he literally wrote the book on using screen passes to effectively counter an over-agressive pass rush. I forget the name of his text, but it was a fascinating read. You literally felt like you could play QB after reading it because he broke everything down so clearly. It greatly enhanced my knowledge of the game since I suddenly understood why, for example, the QBs point to the defensive line before the snap. I used to have a PDF of the text; I'll post it up if I have it for those who are interested.

UCLA ranked 116th in passing yards, With Only 81yds vs. Stanford. Not the direction we want to go in. In fact find the exact opposite of Chow, bingo !

NE was at 109th. UCLA definately had a crappy offense this year, but at least Chow wouldn't lose to himself 2-3 times a season. Standford wasn't exactly a bad team this year, and UCLA was trying to find a QB still. They weren't a passing team at all this year. They only had 8 attempts against Texas and still hung 34 on them.

Didn't he head to Nevada and attempt to implement the pistol at UCLA this year? Or was that Cal? Anyways - it's slightly understandable if their offensive production was down w/ a young QB in a new system, and Best now gone. We seem to implement a new system, new QB every year and look where that leaves our offense - we of all people should be tolerant of change.

I wouldn't write off Chow - at least he was able to be Texas.

Seriously, do people on here get off on coming up with these rediculous threads?

"So and so just got let go from BFU, would he come here? Thoughts?"

There is nothing to base any of that on. It's just made up because all of a sudden someone doesn't have a job. It's the same crap over and over.....