NU to Continue Thanksgiving Friday Tradition

I love these games. Too bad it won't be CU anymore. A lot of passion about that game, a lot of memories. But at least we'll still have a game.

Very glad we had the chance to continue the Friday game! GBR! It'd be cool if CU gets the same opportunity in the P12, too.

I am going to miss the games with Colorado a lot, too.. For as much as I didn't care about them while we were in the B12, throughout this year, they've earned a lot of respect from me. I hope we're able to schedule a annual game with them down the road, or play them in the Rose Bowl annually.

I think this Iowa rivalry has the potential to make the Colorado rivalry look insignificant. Just feel bad for sCUm fans who are going to have to find another teams fans to spit at. :sarcasm

I agree with this. As much as I disliked CU, almost every year it was all but a certain that we would beat them. This may end up being the same for Iowa, but I absolutely HATE Iowa and their stupid fans with all of my heart, mind, and soul. So, for me personally, this match-up is a much bigger deal.

I agree with this. As much as I disliked CU, almost every year it was all but a certain that we would beat them. This may end up being the same for Iowa, but I absolutely HATE Iowa and their stupid fans with all of my heart, mind, and soul. So, for me personally, this match-up is a much bigger deal.

Yep.

17-7-1 in our last 25 games.

40-9-1 in our last 50 games.

49-18-2 overall.

Nearly three of every four times we lined up against those chumps we smoked 'em. I did the math on the margin of victory in the past 50 years a while ago and I can't find it now, but it was somewhere just under three TDs.

And we were their "rival." :)

Wasn't Iowa our Thanksgiving game like a hundred years ago, or something like that?

"The post-Thanksgiving holiday meeting will have a historical tie for Nebraska and Iowa. The schools met eight consecutive years on Thanksgiving Day between 1891 and 1898. All of those games were played in either Omaha or Council Bluffs."

Haha whoops, I didn't have time to read the article before.

I love these games. Too bad it won't be CU anymore. A lot of passion about that game, a lot of memories. But at least we'll still have a game.

Passion? More like relief that they didn't lose to a team they no buisness to lose to.

If the CU vs NU game meant much then fans would never have been happy firing Solich after beating CU in his last year. Nebraska has never been a fan base that would be happy to lose every game as long as the beat a certain team like, Ohio State vs Michigan or Auburn vs Alabama fans claim. I would bet that had Iowa State beaten NU this year people would be claiming that they were Nebraska new rival.

I'm happy they will continue to play the day after Thanksgiving since it still showcases NU on a day not a lot of other programs play on. Though the opponent does not exactly excite me.