SIGNED WR Jordan Westerkamp

Nexus

It would be hard to blame the kid if he decided to stick closer to home since he is close with his family... but if I were in his shoes (or his parents) I would like to know why ND is so late to the party. It's like others have said... where have they been all along? Did a more coveted recruit change his commitment? What if someone better comes along? Will they pull the rug from under JW? Those are the things that I would want to know and in the end I would feel slighted and probably tell Kelly to shove it.

What is the point in verbally committing to a school if you continue to take visits and offers from other schools? If they want to play the recruiting game and have coaches fawn all over them they could just delay announcing a decision until closer to February.

Maybe the way to look at it is if a player is willing to give his word that he is coming to Nebraska, and then changes his mind, that might not be the type of character we want in the program anyways. Better to have players who WANT to be here in my opinion.

What is the point in verbally committing to a school if you continue to take visits and offers from other schools?

Lets put it this way - you are a recruit that really likes a school, but the school is only taking a limited number of people at his position. Do you wait, for what you may deem a better offer, or do you take a school you think highly of that already has an offer that you can accept?

It would be like you in the work world. You apply for two jobs - one of which is great pay, good benefits, all that stuff. The other is all the way around average. You accept a job at the 'average' job, and the 'great' job tells you they may contact you later if something opens up. Say 10 months later, the 'great' job calls and offers you a position. Are you going to pass up that 'great' job just to stay loyal to that company, or are you going to look after yourself and your family?

Now I am not saying Notre Dame is great, and Nebraska is average. But to a kid with Catholic parent from Illinois, I can completely understand the intrigue and pull that Notre Dame would have to Jordan and his family.

With that said, I still think Westerkamp sticks.

• Fire 2
Maybe the way to look at it is if a player is willing to give his word that he is coming to Nebraska, and then changes his mind, that might not be the type of character we want in the program anyways. Better to have players who WANT to be here in my opinion.
you definitely want character kids who are all N. If they are not, they could drag the whole team down with there crappy attitudes of not wanting to be there. Case in point, Gabberts brother. Glad we didn't get him in the end. He went to Mizzu to follow his brother and couldn't make it so he left. He was probably a cry baby the whole time he was there.
you definitely want character kids who are all N. If they are not, they could drag the whole team down with there crappy attitudes of not wanting to be there. Case in point, Gabberts brother. Glad we didn't get him in the end. He went to Mizzu to follow his brother and couldn't make it so he left. He was probably a cry baby the whole time he was there.

I just want it to be known I was not impressed with Tyler Gabbert when we were recruiting him and am so glad he decided to go to Misery where he couldnt even get on the field for mop up duty.

Update

Westerkamp hasn't had time to sit down with his family because of finals. Now that finals are over he's gonna sit down and look things over with his parents.

He likes ND cause they throw a ton and they have 4 scholarship WR's but he still likes Nebraska. It's going to come down to him and his sit down with the fam.

No time table is set for an announcement but he doesn't want to prolong this decision.

Michael Rose doesn't think he'll decommit and Seisay has been talking about Westerkamp lately but I have a feeling we're going to lose him because of his Mom being a ND fan and the Catholic connection.

Hope I'm wrong cause he'll shine here with his talents. He could see playing time next year too.

Update

Westerkamp hasn't had time to sit down with his family because of finals. Now that finals are over he's gonna sit down and look things over with his parents.

He likes ND cause they throw a ton and they have 4 scholarship WR's but he still likes Nebraska. It's going to come down to him and his sit down with the fam.

No time table is set for an announcement but he doesn't want to prolong this decision.

Michael Rose doesn't think he'll decommit and Seisay has been talking about Westerkamp lately but I have a feeling we're going to lose him because of his Mom being a ND fan and the Catholic connection.

Hope I'm wrong cause he'll shine here with his talents. He could see playing time next year too.

He hasn't had time to sit down with his family? That's bs.

If he wants to consistently go 7-5 or 6-6 then go to ND, but if he wants to compete for a B1G championship year in and year out then you come to Nebraska. B1G schedule>Notre Dame schedule

Expectations are totally different. With Nebraska, its conference championship or bust. Notre Dame? Beat Army or bust.