ATH Devin Fuller

ADS

Devin says he is still looking for the perfect fit... as in he hasn't found it yet. He said he thinks he has the most chance of playing early at either UCLA or Arizona. He said that Arizona's offense probably fits him best right now. He also said that TCU's visit was right up there with Nebraska. He doesn't seem to have Nebraska ahead of anyone right now and is seriously looking because he doesn't feel like he has found one that stands out as the right fit right now. He even rated his NU visit as an 8.5 and his TCU visit as a 9. Those are the only 2 visits he has taken so far... he will visit Rutgers, UCLA, and then either Notre Dame or Arizona. He does have family in California. This is a tough race to tell... Personally I think this is going to drag out until signing day. He has indicated he wants to take his remaining 3 officials before deciding.

He also said he is looking for a program that will teach him pro style stuff for the next level. He is convinced he is going to be an NFL QB after college. And is already thinking ahead to that.

Those two things would seem to work in UCLA's favor.

Devin says he is still looking for the perfect fit... as in he hasn't found it yet. He said he thinks he has the most chance of playing early at either UCLA or Arizona. He said that Arizona's offense probably fits him best right now. He also said that TCU's visit was right up there with Nebraska. He doesn't seem to have Nebraska ahead of anyone right now and is seriously looking because he doesn't feel like he has found one that stands out as the right fit right now. He even rated his NU visit as an 8.5 and his TCU visit as a 9. Those are the only 2 visits he has taken so far... he will visit Rutgers, UCLA, and then either Notre Dame or Arizona. He does have family in California. This is a tough race to tell... Personally I think this is going to drag out until signing day. He has indicated he wants to take his remaining 3 officials before deciding.

He also said he is looking for a program that will teach him pro style stuff for the next level. He is convinced he is going to be an NFL QB after college. And is already thinking ahead to that.

Those two things would seem to work in UCLA's favor.

I would say maybe the NFL system that Mora will run, but that's about it. As far as playing time, he'd have to unseat senior-to-be Kevin Prince and RS-Fr Brett Hundley, who everyone in Westwood is extremely high on. In the end, I want him to go where he sees the best chance of success. I do hope he picks us though

I would say maybe the NFL system that Mora will run, but that's about it.

Who did Mora get as his OC? Because Mora is a defensive guy so the offense doesn't have to be a NFL system unless that is the type of OC he brought in.

IIRC, Mora hired the OC at Arizona State for the same position....can't remember his name...Noel Mazzone, that's his name. for the most part, he's a college coordinator, with one stop with the Jets as a WR Coach...I would guess he'll probably run a WCO or something similar to that, but you never know.

Bottom line is this.... he said "he hasn't found perfect fit yet"......... after being recruited hard by NU, knowing what we have to offer..... looking around all over the country.... it is blatantly obvious that NU is not in his plans..... Hopefully the coaches have given their "last effort" and have moved on, focusing on guys who may think they "fit".

Bottom line is this.... he said "he hasn't found perfect fit yet"......... after being recruited hard by NU, knowing what we have to offer..... looking around all over the country.... it is blatantly obvious that NU is not in his plans..... Hopefully the coaches have given their "last effort" and have moved on, focusing on guys who may think they "fit".

I hope the coaches haven't moved on. They told DF when they visited him that he was their #1 priority on the recruiting trail. IMO you don't give up on someone who is your #1 priority. Hopefully they can show him that we have a lot to offer to him if he comes and plays at NU. The way Taylor has progressed as a passer this year should be really encouraging to him.

I hope the coaches haven't moved on. They told DF when they visited him that he was their #1 priority on the recruiting trail. IMO you don't give up on someone who is your #1 priority. Hopefully they can show him that we have a lot to offer to him if he comes and plays at NU. The way Taylor has progressed as a passer this year should be really encouraging to him.

I am a Martinez supporter, but in no way is Taylor "as a passer" encouraging.... Maybe encouraging to Fuller, because he is already a better passer then Martinez, but encouraging to HuskerNation....No....

• Fire 1

I am a Martinez supporter, but in no way is Taylor "as a passer" encouraging.... Maybe encouraging to Fuller, because he is already a better passer then Martinez, but encouraging to HuskerNation....No....

I'm just saying Taylor this year went from a totally incompetent passer to being able to throw a really good ball. He progressed ten-fold from where he was at the beginning of the season. That's all I'm saying.

I'm just saying Taylor this year went from a totally incompetent passer to being able to throw a really good ball. He progressed ten-fold from where he was at the beginning of the season. That's all I'm saying.

:confucius

I think Taylor's passing is probably adequate when his running is full speed but I don't know that I can go so far as to say that he throws a really good ball.

• Fire 1

I guess I don't see the same thing you see.... No doubt Martinez has progressed "Some" as a passer, but also he has took a step back as a running threat.... Just watched Fuller's video again, and I am not sure he wouldn't take Martinez's job right away.... Kid looks like a STUD!!

Look at where he started this year and where he ended up, that's what I'm saying. I don't hold my breath as much when he winds up to pass like I used to.

He has to work on his throw mechanics, and footwork ( Captain Obvious right?).... The staff and Martinez act as if they are not an issue, and they are... I have also never seen a guy who is so fast, but lacks any ability to be elusive.... Fuller seems to have both, not to mention better mechanics, and accuracy.... based off of a highlight anyways....

I understand what you are saying...but just because he is OUR #1 priority, it is painfully obviously we are not HIS #1 priority. He has looked around all over, after our coaches have laid everything on the table...time and time again. What else do you think our coaches can do that they haven't already presented at this point? I am sure they have "window-dressed" everything they can up to this point, including chances to play, progression of current players, academics, OC plans, etc.... after this long, we can't still have some "stone left unturned" to hit him with.

This is why I am saying that after all of this, he still says he isn't "sold" on a "perfect fit' anywhere. I am even surprised that we are even listed as a possibility. ND, UCLA, etc.... pro-style offenses...blah, blah..

I just hope that we aren't losing ground somewhere else at this point.

I understand what you are saying...but just because he is OUR #1 priority, it is painfully obviously we are not HIS #1 priority. He has looked around all over, after our coaches have laid everything on the table...time and time again. What else do you think our coaches can do that they haven't already presented at this point? I am sure they have "window-dressed" everything they can up to this point, including chances to play, progression of current players, academics, OC plans, etc.... after this long, we can't still have some "stone left unturned" to hit him with.

This is why I am saying that after all of this, he still says he isn't "sold" on a "perfect fit' anywhere. I am even surprised that we are even listed as a possibility. ND, UCLA, etc.... pro-style offenses...blah, blah..

I just hope that we aren't losing ground somewhere else at this point.

So I've heard this same type of comment all over recruiting threads here. "If he doesn't want to be a Husker then F#@! him!". What do you want? Every player to be a Husker through and through before they hit campus? That's insane! If the coaching staff took this mentality, we would never get a really high quality player. We would be stuck with all of the Cassidy's and Thorell's from Nebraska, with no athleticism anywhere. I'm sorry, but the talent in this state is way off par with other states.

Trying to get a kid on campus is what recruiting is all about. Maybe he is unsure right now, but we need to do everything we can to get DF on campus, and then hopefully he becomes a Husker at heart. It's too much to ask to expect him and JW to have scarlet and cream in their veins before they have even finished their recruitment process.

Think of it this way. When you go car or house shopping you don't know EXACTLY what you want but you have a good idea. So you look around, you love one car or color one day and then the next day you see another you like, you see one floor plan for a house you love then the next day you see another that you love.

Then, one day, there is the "perfect fit" and sometimes that takes a nudge, right now, all the staffs are trying to give him that nudge.

People need to get over this idea that these kids should know these life altering things right away.

• Fire 1