ATH Devin Fuller

ADS

Bottom line is this.... he said "he hasn't found perfect fit yet"......... after being recruited hard by NU, knowing what we have to offer..... looking around all over the country.... it is blatantly obvious that NU is not in his plans..... Hopefully the coaches have given their "last effort" and have moved on, focusing on guys who may think they "fit".

I hope the coaches haven't moved on. They told DF when they visited him that he was their #1 priority on the recruiting trail. IMO you don't give up on someone who is your #1 priority. Hopefully they can show him that we have a lot to offer to him if he comes and plays at NU. The way Taylor has progressed as a passer this year should be really encouraging to him.

I understand what you are saying...but just because he is OUR #1 priority, it is painfully obviously we are not HIS #1 priority. He has looked around all over, after our coaches have laid everything on the table...time and time again. What else do you think our coaches can do that they haven't already presented at this point? I am sure they have "window-dressed" everything they can up to this point, including chances to play, progression of current players, academics, OC plans, etc.... after this long, we can't still have some "stone left unturned" to hit him with.

This is why I am saying that after all of this, he still says he isn't "sold" on a "perfect fit' anywhere. I am even surprised that we are even listed as a possibility. ND, UCLA, etc.... pro-style offenses...blah, blah..

I just hope that we aren't losing ground somewhere else at this point.

So I've heard this same type of comment all over recruiting threads here. "If he doesn't want to be a Husker then F#@! him!". What do you want? Every player to be a Husker through and through before they hit campus? That's insane! If the coaching staff took this mentality, we would never get a really high quality player. We would be stuck with all of the Cassidy's and Thorell's from Nebraska, with no athleticism anywhere. I'm sorry, but the talent in this state is way off par with other states.

Trying to get a kid on campus is what recruiting is all about. Maybe he is unsure right now, but we need to do everything we can to get DF on campus, and then hopefully he becomes a Husker at heart. It's too much to ask to expect him and JW to have scarlet and cream in their veins before they have even finished their recruitment process.

Awful tired of this comment. Its not the talent level its the fault of the system. The way the state of Nebraska sets up their athletics from PeeWee to High School. The talent is here, just not in force. Gayle Sayers, Johnny Rodgers, Eric Crouch, Bob Gibson need I go on. The population base is very prohibitive, do you think Texas would be a great hot bed of talent if it had 1.4 million people? You make it sound like "if you are born in Nebraska, you have a sporting handicap, just can't play with the big boys" and that is simply not true.

Bottom line is this.... he said "he hasn't found perfect fit yet"......... after being recruited hard by NU, knowing what we have to offer..... looking around all over the country.... it is blatantly obvious that NU is not in his plans..... Hopefully the coaches have given their "last effort" and have moved on, focusing on guys who may think they "fit".

I hope the coaches haven't moved on. They told DF when they visited him that he was their #1 priority on the recruiting trail. IMO you don't give up on someone who is your #1 priority. Hopefully they can show him that we have a lot to offer to him if he comes and plays at NU. The way Taylor has progressed as a passer this year should be really encouraging to him.

I understand what you are saying...but just because he is OUR #1 priority, it is painfully obviously we are not HIS #1 priority. He has looked around all over, after our coaches have laid everything on the table...time and time again. What else do you think our coaches can do that they haven't already presented at this point? I am sure they have "window-dressed" everything they can up to this point, including chances to play, progression of current players, academics, OC plans, etc.... after this long, we can't still have some "stone left unturned" to hit him with.

This is why I am saying that after all of this, he still says he isn't "sold" on a "perfect fit' anywhere. I am even surprised that we are even listed as a possibility. ND, UCLA, etc.... pro-style offenses...blah, blah..

So I've heard this same type of comment all over recruiting threads here. "If he doesn't want to be a Husker then F#@! him!". What do you want? Every player to be a Husker through and through before they hit campus? That's insane! If the coaching staff took this mentality, we would never get a really high quality player. We would be stuck with all of the Cassidy's and Thorell's from Nebraska, with no athleticism anywhere. I'm sorry, but the talent in this state is way off par with other states.

Trying to get a kid on campus is what recruiting is all about. Maybe he is unsure right now, but we need to do everything we can to get DF on campus, and then hopefully he becomes a Husker at heart. It's too much to ask to expect him and JW to have scarlet and cream in their veins before they have even finished their recruitment process.

No where is MY posts did I say "if he doesn't want to be a Husker then #@$%"...... please don't quote my post and generalize me under that crowd. I never said that.... What I am saying is that at this point I am not sure WHAT ELSE we can do to convince this kid.... and you are helping my with my argument when you say that we get "stuck" with the Cassidy's and Thorell's from Nebraska"....because if you throw all your eggs into ONE BASKET and are afraid to "move on", then if and when Fuller decides OFFICIALLY that Nebraska isn't the fit, the only guys we can get in on late are the caliber of the guys you mentioned.

Maybe I should have said that I hope that this staff has other plans and are in on guys they REALLY want if Fuller doesn't work out. I am assuming that because we have the Armstrong verbal, that they are comfortable in either scenario. Too many times, it seems like we get left 'holding the bag' at the end of the day !!!!!

Furthermore, I don't recall saying that a kid had to be a red-blooded Husker before they sign..... I love to debate "opinions", but please debate what I actually put on the page instead of assuming you know what I am thinking. It makes for a much more enjoyable debate without "meaningless attacks"..... in fact, I said that I understand where you are coming from.

No where is MY posts did I say "if he doesn't want to be a Husker then #@$%"...... please don't quote my post and generalize me under that crowd. I never said that.... What I am saying is that at this point I am not sure WHAT ELSE we can do to convince this kid.... and you are helping my with my argument when you say that we get "stuck" with the Cassidy's and Thorell's from Nebraska"....because if you throw all your eggs into ONE BASKET and are afraid to "move on", then if and when Fuller decides OFFICIALLY that Nebraska isn't the fit, the only guys we can get in on late are the caliber of the guys you mentioned.

Maybe I should have said that I hope that this staff has other plans and are in on guys they REALLY want if Fuller doesn't work out. I am assuming that because we have the Armstrong verbal, that they are comfortable in either scenario. Too many times, it seems like we get left 'holding the bag' at the end of the day !!!!!

Furthermore, I don't recall saying that a kid had to be a red-blooded Husker before they sign..... I love to debate "opinions", but please debate what I actually put on the page instead of assuming you know what I am thinking. It makes for a much more enjoyable debate without "meaningless attacks"..... in fact, I said that I understand where you are coming from.

Right, I get what you're saying. And I didn't mean to seem like I was saying that you were one of the people wanting these kids to be Huskers right away. It just seems to be the trend in the recruiting forums, especially in the JW discussion.

Reading my post from earlier, my thoughts weren't organized very well. I just think we need to keep recruiting DF as hard as we can until he makes his decision, because any pitch that we make to him could make him come to Nebraska, and with him at QB, or even DB, he could have a huge impact on our football team.

Awful tired of this comment. Its not the talent level its the fault of the system. The way the state of Nebraska sets up their athletics from PeeWee to High School. The talent is here, just not in force. Gayle Sayers, Johnny Rodgers, Eric Crouch, Bob Gibson need I go on. The population base is very prohibitive, do you think Texas would be a great hot bed of talent if it had 1.4 million people? You make it sound like "if you are born in Nebraska, you have a sporting handicap, just can't play with the big boys" and that is simply not true.

And only one of those players has been in college in the last 40 years (although, to be fair, you could add Ahman Green and probably others). I'm curious how you can blame the system? Obviously we don't have a system like Texas where they pretty much play football year-round but that can't explain all of it. There are a lot more programs in place now than 30 years ago but there are still fewer elite athletes in the state (IMO). You see the same thing in basketball. I would say the main problems are lack of population and too many other things going on.

And only one of those players has been in college in the last 40 years (although, to be fair, you could add Ahman Green and probably others). I'm curious how you can blame the system? Obviously we don't have a system like Texas where they pretty much play football year-round but that can't explain all of it. There are a lot more programs in place now than 30 years ago but there are still fewer elite athletes in the state (IMO). You see the same thing in basketball. I would say the main problems are lack of population and too many other things going on.

1. Population density definitely plays a big part. "One in a million" athletes are literally that.

2. You can blame the system because kids coming out of Texas, etc. are ranked higher because they are more polished. Playing year-round tends to do that. The talent may be there but it is tougher(and more time consuming) to develop potential than fine tune someone that is close to their limit. Which makes it hurt all the more when you miss on a recruit but it takes you three years to figure it out. And I have never seen anyone get another star because they are "raw".

3. I would blame Al Gore. He did invent the internet after all. I think the biggest thing that has changed is the exposure level of the athletes. Between ESPN making CFB huge business, All-American games, and goofballs on message boards no wonder three star kids are getting 15-20 offers(Not that they don't deserve them!) instead of the 5-10 a few years back. Scouting services and combines only add fuel to the fire. That leads to us losing kids like Reiff(SP?) and the stud Iowa corner who's name escapes me at the moment that used to walk on and do great things for us.

Fortunately, the talent is there. Unfortunately, the word is out and the pickings were pretty slim to begin with...

From all I have read and heard i really think devin is a longshot at best for us, hope i aam wrong as i think he would be the jewel recruit in this strong class. I think he will end up somewhere he will have a shot to start at qb next year. I could see him at ucla, arizona or rutgers, he just doesnt seem to have a lot to say about nebraska these days, i feel like we arekinda falling off his radar. Again i hope i am wrong, want him here real bad.

Does he really wanna play for this dork?

lw6j4x-b78891033z.120111213215303000gu11466po.1.jpg

Owa played for a bigger one. Anyways, all this talk about him wanting to play in an offense that will get him ready for the NFL and early PT has me second guessing. I want Devin, but our success or failure the next 2 years is going to be in the hands of Martinez. Lastly, not dissing him as a QB, but there is a reason Bama, FSU, ND, Mich and others don't see him as a QB. They a want traditional pro-style QBs, whereas his strengths and limitations would be welcome in our offense(and Rich Rod's system) .