Russell Wilson pursued by Nebraska

College Football Live talked a lot about Wisconsin and Wilson today on their show. I believe it was mostly just banter about Wisconsin reaching out and contacting Wilson. Nothing official yet, however the volume was low and I only saw pictures.

College Football Live talked a lot about Wisconsin and Wilson today on their show. I believe it was mostly just banter about Wisconsin reaching out and contacting Wilson. Nothing official yet, however the volume was low and I only saw pictures.

It was. Then it was a five minute topic on why/how he would/could be a good fit for Wisky. The ringmaster for the chat was the greatest talent evaluator in the sport of football, a one Matt Millon.

• 3 months later...

BUMP - That was a VERY solid outing (regardless of competition) considering he's been with the team for all of a few months. He was in command of that offense the entire time. Definately looked like a senior out there. I figured there'd be some rust, but that offense looked like a well oiled machine. They didn't play down to their competition at all, and the OL dominated.

BUMP - That was a VERY solid outing (regardless of competition) considering he's been with the team for all of a few months. He was in command of that offense the entire time. Definately looked like a senior out there. I figured there'd be some rust, but that offense looked like a well oiled machine. They didn't play down to their competition at all, and the OL dominated.

My thoughts exactly. Wilson is a great get for Wisky. But I noticed Wilson is pretty aggressive at passing to the sides of the field right under the CBs nose. He won't get away with that in conf play where the CBs are much faster and have better coverage skills.

Very solid on the offensive side of the ball. I was a little surprised about UNLV being able to move the ball on them a bit though.

He definetly makes them two demensional. He played very well.

It did seem that UNLV was able to run around the ends quite easily in the first half, I only watched until then.

Very impressed by Wilson's knowledge of the offense and the team unity. Of course when you are winning that easily it makes for confidence.

I think we have a tough game coming from Wisky, here it would have been easier. There we are going to have our hands full.

They sure remind you of Nebraska though. Alvarez has copied a lot of things to make their Big Red.

Very solid on the offensive side of the ball. I was a little surprised about UNLV being able to move the ball on them a bit though.

After watchin' the game last nite it seems UW has definitly added a new dimension to their offense with RW at the helm... Typical UW OL play...

But..... their defensive LB crew will have to step it up quite a few notches and not wait around for the play to develop... Plus the size/wt. of their LB's will be mismatched by other top tier conference teams. The UW secondary will once again be stout.

Opportunities await for a strong run package against em' ... that was shown over and over again last nite with very poor containment on the 'ends' !!!

I lived in Raleigh area when Russell started as a true freshmen at NC State. The guy has game. As I stated a couple of days ago in a T-Mart Heisman thread.....Russell Wilson is a darkhorse candidate.

He has never had the kind of team or support around him that he will have at UW. Plus I don't know that he has ever fully bought in to QB vs Baseball as he will do this year.

It did seem that UNLV was able to run around the ends quite easily in the first half, I only watched until then.

Very impressed by Wilson's knowledge of the offense and the team unity. Of course when you are winning that easily it makes for confidence.

I think we have a tough game coming from Wisky, here it would have been easier. There we are going to have our hands full.

They sure remind you of Nebraska though. Alvarez has copied a lot of things to make their Big Red.

Well that makes Barry Alverez a smart man.

He has dont nothing but good for that program as a coach and AD.

Well that makes Barry Alverez a smart man.

He has done nothing but good for that program as a coach and AD.

As has been said frequently, Nebraska will see its mirror image in Wisconsin. BA has never hidden the fact he learned much worth copying from Nebraska.

• 5 weeks later...