Cody Green to transfer?

Which is more disturbing ... Cody Green leaving the program for his reasons and every fans limited, biased per perspective ... or both what fans say and how they say it on this board ... all the while knowing that tomorrow is a new day and we will have to interact again on a topic that we have so little insight into?

People think they such "ownership" over an issue and such great "insight" and they are such the "great fan" that they can spout off their view like it is "fan-almighty".

It reminds me of the church and how the "immature" think they have such a grasp on an "issue" ... all the while hurting and destroying any opportunity for others to come to a conclusion or a revelation that God wants them to get in His timing ... not mans.

Nuff said ... rant over. This is a thread that hasn't been a joy to read.

SheepdogMark

Well my question is: if Bubba does decide to come to NU instead of being a millionaire, who is he going fishing with now?

Ha ha! Yeah, that was my biggest concern too. :)

I wish Cody all the best. I was a fan of his. And still will be, I guess.

I think it's a bit premature to transfer. He has had chances, he just hasn't done real well with them. I agree that we gave him a scholly, food, team apparel, tutoring, plane rides to games, interviews, adulation, highlights at games on the jumbotron, etc, etc...in other words he was a product and we invested in making that product better, it's just that it didn't appear he was quite ever a finished product. After all the Univ invested in him, don't you think he could've stayed and maybe fulfilled some return on that investment? I always cheered for him and wished he wouldn't have been put in on his own goal line all the time, but the fact is, he wasn't really panning out.

that said, what if he was an amazing QB here for 3 years and won us couple CC's and had a record of 26-6 and decided to go to the NFL early would we raise such a stink? Probly not, but since he kinda didn't live up to expectations, it kinda seems like he's bailing on us a little bit. But i'm not going to call him a "loser" or a "quitter" like the marine, even though I love my Huskers, I won't judge a person that harshly at that young of an age.

I'll just move on.

You're right!! He still owes them!

They should really sue the kid, if you ask me...

that was a plain STUPID conclusion to the point I was making.

i didn't say we should sue him; but by appointing so many opportunities with which he could improve himself as a player and student, "don't you think he could've stayed and maybe fulfilled some return on that investment?"

simply by sticking it out, offering depth at a now very thin QB position, mentoring the younger QBs, and just leading by example as how to be a good teammate and citizen on and off the field.

Fact: TMart left briefly but its not anything close to how it's been rumored to have happened. I was disappointed when it happened. Glad when he returned.

Fact: Cody has quit. I'm disappointed that it happened. I'd welcome him back with open arms.

Kids today are different when it comes to being on a team. Its not because the kids are that much different but because parents, friends, advisers are different. When a kid want to quit its usually an emotional decision not based in fact and very little consideration has been given. Parents need to ball up an make a people stick to commitments or at the very least strongly question the thinking behind it. That's part of life an learning. But now days mom and dad have invested some much time and energy into living the kids dream they'll do what ever it is they think they need to do to help it come true or they've wasted the last 10 years of life.

Fact: In both cases both kids have gotten some very bad advice that clouded their thinking and judgement. In both cases I think if the kids were less worried about pleasing others around them and reading internet message boards, the thought of quitting would have been a fleeting thought with no action taken.

Fact: Just because some douche bag in cyber world will try to twist crap...both were given the same opportunities and both were treated as equal as possible depending on individual circumstances.

As a side note...there have been lots of players (some have personally shared their stores with me) over the years that have said they were leaving the team to reconsider a few days later and come back and have outstanding careers. Things used to be less public than they are now and that isn't always fair to the kids or the team. It happens more than people know.

Fact: TMart left briefly but its not anything close to how it's been rumored to have happened. I was disappointed when it happened. Glad when he returned.

This is fact? Maybe I'm just out of the loop but I have never seen this officially confirmed. Link perhaps?

gotta agree with enhance on this one. my sources on the team including some of martinez best friends have told me that he thought about leaving but never actually brought it to the coaches before he decided that being a husker was best for him. i have heard this very same thing from players and an assistant so i tend to believe that what im told is the truth.

This is fact? Maybe I'm just out of the loop but I have never seen this officially confirmed. Link perhaps?

Can't give you a link to conversations I've had with people involved. Just know that when Tmart and Bo say he didn't quit it isn't 100% truthful and I'm ok with that. Lots of things that many people aren't smart enough to understand were happening and frankly I'm not going to spill it out on the interent. We're not that privileged as fans to deserve to know what's going on internally or personally with people just because we like the team they play for. This is real life so just accept that if you don't know what happened you're probably never going to get to know in the next 10 years. That being said...them saying there was at no time a point when he considered quiting or did quit is like saying Tressel felt compelled to give his resignation this morning.

This is interesting.......I heard a rumor last fall about this happening. My friend who is close to the program said he was going to transfer to Houston. I thought that didn't make any sense, so I dismissed it. Especially since he was getting playing time.

I am not saying he is going to Houston, I am saying I was told this last year and I blew it off. Now I am curious how this all plays out.

Good luck to him no matter where he goes.

Can't give you a link to conversations I've had with people involved. Just know that when Tmart and Bo say he didn't quit it isn't 100% truthful and I'm ok with that. Lots of things that many people aren't smart enough to understand were happening and frankly I'm not going to spill it out on the interent. We're not that privileged as fans to deserve to know what's going on internally or personally with people just because we like the team they play for. This is real life so just accept that if you don't know what happened you're probably never going to get to know in the next 10 years. That being said...them saying there was at no time a point when he considered quiting or did quit is like saying Tressel felt compelled to give his resignation this morning.

Well you say you've talked to people involved and someone else says they've talked to people involved and heard something completely different. I'm not saying there was never a point in time where Martinez did not consider quitting, but it's not fact. It's no offense to you but I can't take what you're saying as fact when someone directly contradicts you. At best it is hearsay, but absolutely not fact.

You don't have to defend yourself, but I'd recommend not talking about it like it's fact.

Hujan, 99% of skilled players do not play at all with a turf toe on one leg & bad ankle on the other. You implying that it's just a minor injury that should be played through with little problems is totally wrong.

My God, you're actually asking why the media would exaggerate or distort any possible bad "news"? Wow......were you born yesterday?

Lastly, where are the facts that "Tmart acts like an aloof jackass who thinks he's the sh#t"?

Where are your facts that "99% of skilled players do not play at all with a turf toe on one leg & bad ankle on the other"? If you think most guys are pristine by mid-season and don't have some bumps and bruises akin to "turf toe" or a "bad ankle" or both, you're dreaming. Perhaps you haven't played college sports, but it's surprisingly common place.

Regarding the media, you Martinez jock-monkeys can't have it both ways. I have Hercules telling me that Cody Green's seemingly positive attitude in the face of adversity is a media creation, and now you're telling me that Martinez's seemingly bad attitude is a media creation too. So the question arises: If the media just wants to rake muck, why did the media decide to spin CG as a good guy and Martinez as a jackass? Why not paint both as jackasses? Or why not spin it the other way around? Why isn't Green being portrayed as the selfish, me-first player, and Martinez portrayed as the ultimate team player?

Maybe, just maybe, the media reports what they see?

You're absolutely right that this happens a lot more than people think, and we should not be too harsh on any kid that thinks of doing so. It is tough after all. Taylor didn't go through with it, so that counts for something. It still does leave a bad taste in my mouth, because while I disagree with skersfan's take on loyalty and commitment for the most part, there's a little bit of that in me too.

Enhance, I don't really recall many people saying they've talked to someone involved and it didn't happen. There are just various takes you can have on it, more positive/mild responses or negative responses. But da skers has a point, used to be something like this wouldn't even get out to the public, something that is better for everyone. Too much information goes around these days and it's not too much of a blessing, even though when it's available we are all eager to hear it.

Well you say you've talked to people involved and someone else says they've talked to people involved and heard something completely different. I'm not saying there was never a point in time where Martinez did not consider quitting, but it's not fact. It's no offense to you but I can't take what you're saying as fact when someone directly contradicts you. At best it is hearsay, but absolutely not fact.

You don't have to defend yourself, but I'd recommend not talking about it like it's fact.

Thats fine. You have no reason to belive me. I can live with that. But I'll let my acuracy so far speak for itself. I'd do the same thing if I were you and didnt hear it first hand.

Don't have time to read all the posts, so I don't know if this has been touched. If Bubba doesn't come, I can see Turner getting some reps at QB, while staying at WR until an injury occurs. I think it was Big Willie who said that RK has had some leg injury issues, and he therefore lacks mobility as a result. That other walk on -- can't think of his name -- may be the one to keep an eye on.