A few reminders for the Nebraska fans on the ledge...

So much of this season is still up in the air, I find it hard to believe people are willing to jump off the edge after just 2 games. This game against Washington will prove how ready we are for the Wisconsin game. If we suck there, I'm going to be concerned. But I have the feeling Nebraska is going to come out firing on all cylinders and just dominate UDub

+1,000,000 to you, sir. Fans seem to have forgotten or blocked out all the times TO's teams weren't perfect. I think the tremendous run to end his career has blinded many to all the criticisms of Osborne that came before. Heck, even during the run fans and media were all over Frost and what a terrible QB he was despite the fact he was 11-2 as a first year starter.

This team is not where fans hope it is, and probably never will be no matter how good they are. This is a sport played by young men, not professionals, so enjoy all the drama - good and bad - that comes with it.

So much of this season is still up in the air, I find it hard to believe people are willing to jump off the edge after just 2 games. This game against Washington will prove how ready we are for the Wisconsin game. If we suck there, I'm going to be concerned. But I have the feeling Nebraska is going to come out firing on all cylinders and just dominate UDub

And because of a less-than-stellar showing against Fresno State, no less.

We've seen Fresno State, in lesser years for their school, take down higher-ranked teams. That we engineered (escaped?) with a 13-point win with WAC officials that make Big XII officials look competent would be celebrated elsewhere.

Plus, it could be worse--we could be Iowa, Indiana, or Ohio State. :)

Or worse yet, we could be Baylor and realize no matter how many game we win, we're still going to Conference USA.

If we were willing to give coaches until "2035", Solich or Callahan would still be on the sidelines. College football has changed considerably in the past 30-40 years. Right or wrong, everything is about wins, losses, and money. Look at how close we are to super conferences. As time goes by, college football is looking more and more like the NFL every day. Win now, or go home. We're not there yet. I'd like to think Bo has at least another four years coaching the program before we make a decision. We're in good shape for the most part this year. Iowa just lost to Iowa State. Ohio State nearly drizzled one down their leg to Toledo. The sun is still shining over Nebraska.

I remember seeing during the game that they had listed some coaches and how many years it took to get their first MNC. I think 4 was the lowest and 8 was looking to be the average.

In no way am I calling for Bo's head, even if we lose this game. If it takes 8 years to win the MNC, then it does (just hope to win a conference title though). But I'll be damned if I won't be criticizing him for near misses and losses.

If we were willing to give coaches until "2035", Solich or Callahan would still be on the sidelines. College football has changed considerably in the past 30-40 years. Right or wrong, everything is about wins, losses, and money. Look at how close we are to super conferences. As time goes by, college football is looking more and more like the NFL every day. Win now, or go home. We're not there yet. I'd like to think Bo has at least another four years coaching the program before we make a decision. We're in good shape for the most part this year. Iowa just lost to Iowa State. Ohio State nearly drizzled one down their leg to Toledo. The sun is still shining over Nebraska.

and Michigan beat the Domers in a game ND should have won....Kelly won't last long unless he gets it going....