burkhead injured?

Didn't anybody see this article?

Burkhead hasn't got time for the pain

LINCOLN — It was the second quarter Saturday when Nebraska running back Rex Burkhead hobbled to the sideline after a tough 4-yard run.

A trainer stopped to check on the talented junior, who was crouched with hands on his knees and pain in a foot.

The conversation was brief.

Burkhead trotted back onto the field after two snaps. He looked as fresh as ever on the next play, taking a handoff, bouncing off an arm-tackle attempt, shaking off a Cowboy diving for his ankles and gaining 22 yards.

No big deal.

I'm sure Rex is banged up, and it wouldn't surprise me if the trainers stuck him in a boot for a while to insure he doesn't aggravate the thing. But he'll be out there Saturday going full-bore.

Rex is going to play, I don't have any concern about that. But if he couldn't go for some reason you've got Abdullah, Green and Heard ready to step up. That's a hell of an insurance policy.

So I just got a call from my buddy who said his brother saw burkhead with Taylor and ciante at local eatery. Burkhead was supposedly in a walking boot with crutches. Anyone heard anything about this? Not confirmed by myself, word of mouth.

I'm calling bull, because my cousin's wife's best friend said Taylor transferred to UCLA immediately after the Wyoming game.

(Also: studying. Psssssssh. You poor poor college children.)

Why aren't we talking about this??

haha hell yeah! You know what's awesome? Go watch the practice video posted today...the team is practicing to that song!! hahahaha. hilarious. that's awesome

we havent seen that last play before where we throw back across the field out of the option to kenny bell...see we have atleast one play we havent seen yet chuckleshuffle (seen in the practice video)

From Knappic's post of that article regarding Rex's banged up foot in the Wyoming game, I wouldn't be surprised that the trainers keep him in a boot to protect it from further injury. By looking at the recent practice vid, he can most definitely jog on it, he will play saturday. His ankle/foot may not be 100%, but he'll be ready to roll.

I just got a call from Rex's cousin. He said Rex likes to wear boots and use crutches when he goes out to get a bite to eat. As Taylor would say, "nothin new".

I'm sure the crutches and boot help Rex score with the ladies.

GSG should try it. It might actually work for him.

I tried using an iron lung once. It might have been a slight overkill.

You know how when you wake up in the morning, within a few minutes you forget what you dreamed about?

When I saw this thread topic, a dream from last night came back to me. And my heart skipped a few beats.

In the dream, I was at a husker football game and sitting next to the penalty box (yeah, who knows, I like hockey too...). Well Rex came out of the game and went to the penalty box. But when he got there, a trainer came over and started wrapping his foot and then put a walking boot on it. I kept asking what the injury was, and the trainer kept saying nothing. Then Rex said he's ok and signed an autograph for me. Thats all I remember. :ahhhhhhhh

Now, I am wearing a walking boot right now, cuz I broke my foot. And I was watching highlights last night before going to bed. So that might explain part of my dream.

But still very weird. Hope all is well.

You know how when you wake up in the morning, within a few minutes you forget what you dreamed about?

When I saw this thread topic, a dream from last night came back to me. And my heart skipped a few beats.

In the dream, I was at a husker football game and sitting next to the penalty box (yeah, who knows, I like hockey too...). Well Rex came out of the game and went to the penalty box. But when he got there, a trainer came over and started wrapping his foot and then put a walking boot on it. I kept asking what the injury was, and the trainer kept saying nothing. Then Rex said he's ok and signed an autograph for me. Thats all I remember. :ahhhhhhhh

Now, I am wearing a walking boot right now, cuz I broke my foot. And I was watching highlights last night before going to bed. So that might explain part of my dream.

But still very weird. Hope all is well.

It's not that weird. The law of large numbers dictates that it's a statistical inevitability.