Phillip Dillard calls for the replacement of Martinez at QB

"It is better to remain quiet and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt" -Abraham Lincoln

PhilDill's sophomore year was utterly forgettable. He contributed to the single worst defense this program has witnessed in 40 years that year. I do not recall a single former player publicly calling for his benching that year, or any other of his sad career. Martinez is at least trying, but making bad decisions while doing it. Dillard was a case of absolute lack of effort. He's embarrassing himself with these tweets. Sad.

Knapplc, I have always taken you as a solid Husker fan thick and thin. Not favoring one, but always in favor for the best of the team. You literally just threw one player under the bus to show your particular favor of a specific player. That specific player being Taylor Martinez. If you have a hard on for a specific player, then just say it. Don't hide behind your supposed logic and rationality. Pointing out what is wrong with everyone else's logic? Hell, Phillip Dillard was one of the highest rated backer's in the country and chose to devote his college career to the Big Red. That makes him " N" in my book....and once "N" always "N"...... He voices his opinion on the situation just as the rest of us do. Everybody has an opinion. Just like everyone has had an opinion about this Taylor Martinez situation. Yet you almost refuse to see other views on the T-Mart situation? Why stand up so strongly for "ONE OF OUR OWN"..... yet you throw another "ONE OF OUR OWN " right in the toilet? Not trying to attack you personally, just find it interesting your comments on Dillard. As you use that quote from the great Abraham Lincoln as a sign of ignorance on Dillard's part....could we not say that Taylor's mouth could have been kept shut this week in the press conference in which he in some ways made himself look like an immature fool? It's a bit hypocritical wouldn't you say?

Take a guess as to which part of that quote that you're ignoring. I thought it was quite obvious, but apparently not.

And here's the parts I'm referring to in which I pointed out that you threw him under the bus or toileted his career here at Nebraska....and I will bold it for you too since you seem to think you need to speak down to others as if they are somehow dumber than you......(in other words, you could have simply pointed out that part and I would have gotten your point sir)

PhilDill's sophomore year was utterly forgettable. He contributed to the single worst defense this program has witnessed in 40 years that year.any other of his sad career Dillard was a case of absolute lack of effort. He's embarrassing himself with these tweets. Sad.

Now would you care to answer even one single part of my question to you. You already seem quite offended. I merely wanted a simple answer and from what I can see you are completely dodging it. Your next sentence on this board should be

Knapplc......Yes you are all right. I Knapplc have a hard on for Martinez and will defend him to the death no matter who the hell says the guy is underachieving.....even if it is a former Husker LB'er.

Just because you guys use big letters, doesn't always mean that your point has any better chance of being made

Enhance you have no evidence of not playing Carnes. He should have been playing late in the Wyoming and Wisconsin game, and after seeing Martinez struggle in yet another game which the team wasn't awful puts doubt in my mind. What happened to these two battling for playing time?

Everyone including the coaches treat Martinez like he's a high school QB and his dad is the principal, custodian, and asst. football coach of the high school. Keep coming up with excuse after excuse. If Martinez plays well against a few solid teams this year I will back him up 100%, but for what I've seen these last two seasons he only puts up stats against lesser opponents. Mizzou and Ok St were good performances last year but their defenses were less than par. If he plays well this weekend I'll slowly hop back on the bandwagon.

• Fire 1

I call for the replacement of Phillip Dillard. Hang on a sec, I got a phone call. *ring, ring*..."hello? oh Phil's not here right now. What? He can't be replaced?! He is that much of a standout in the NFL?!" Ok, I stand corrected, thank God God called and sorted me out.

Looks like Bo is changing his tune about this whole Brion-is-far-away-from-playing thing:

T-Magic is Pelini's starter. However, "Brion's getting better," Pelini said. "He's still growing.I'm not afraid to put Brion in the game."

Per Steve Sipple, via Twitter.

things like this makes me believe bo is either clueless or only knows the worst kind of coach speak.

but i guess why would he be afraid to put brion in now? and i guess there are two ways to close the gap, get better or have the guy ahead of you get worse.

• Fire 1

Looks like Bo is changing his tune about this whole Brion-is-far-away-from-playing thing:

T-Magic is Pelini's starter. However, "Brion's getting better," Pelini said. "He's still growing.I'm not afraid to put Brion in the game."

I'm not sure this is a change at all. Hasn't Bo always said he's not afraid to put Brion in the game? Hasn't he always said he likes his depth at QB. I think there's a difference between being far away from playing and being far away from starting.

Just because you guys use big letters, doesn't always mean that your point has any better chance of being made

Now you tell me. Where was this advice an hour ago?

Says you, Walksalone.

As soon as I saw the large color lettering, I *knew* that this was an important point that was 100% correct. It's internet law or something.

@KBellJr80:

Next person to say anything about my QB to me, im slapping in the face. No warning. #tryme

http://twitter.com/#...660884497088512

and if anyone has a right to be mad at their qb, it would be the wrs.

Kenny Bell is probably one of the best kids on the team, and well liked. Heard him in a few interviews and he is as well spoken a kid as we have as well.

With that said, I think it speaks more that of the many football players that have Twitter, only about 3 (past and present that I have seen) have even said a word about this little 'movement'. If it wasn't for Kenny and Yoshi, I doubt I would have even read that Twitter account before I got on the board tonight.

Personally, I don't see the need and why Taylor is that hurt after one loss. When he was winning, he would gloat to folks in class and teammates at practice about how good he was doing. But then he loses a game, and suddenly he doesn't want to hear the other end of the spectrum. When you are the QB, it comes with the territory.

Try being Garrett Gilbert, or even in recent Husker history, Jammal Lord. If you want to see QBs who got more criticism than they ever deserved, it would be those guys. What Taylor has gotten is a walk in the park compared to what most QBs have to struggle with.

• Fire 3

I manage a fairly large group of people and I have a reasonable amount of turnover. If I see potential, I will take it in the shorts for a long term gain. I don't know whether Carnes has it or not....I'm just throwing it out there.

Given the chance, I think Carnes is going to look terrible. I don't think Huskernation would allow it.

I think that is how Bo probably sees it. <b>He doesn't see enough from Carnes to give him a shot yet.</b> Pelini is under a lot of pressure to win games now...like a lot of other coaches. Just like you are under a lot of pressure to manage your group and make a profit for your company. If he saw enough potential in Carnes, then he would probably being playing more. There are times where we underestimate someone and they really surprise you though. I think the whole thing is blown out of proportion. Give me a better defense and have Beck call plays to your QB's strength and I don't know if we even have this conversation.

That wasn't exactly my point. My point was sometimes you need to bite the bullet.....if it is the right thing to do. As I stated before, I don't know if it is or isn't.

Whether Carnes is the next big thing or not, I am concerned that the fanbase will not have the patience necessary for a QB with no experience. If he doesn't struggle right away, he will at somepoint.

If he is capable, I think he deserves a legitimate shot. We can't go Cody Green on this kid. I believe the way Cody was handled was unfortunate. That being said, I didn't really care for the way Taylor was handled last year either. If he is to give Carnes a shot, he needs to let it ride.

One of the problems with twitter: Lack of context.

"Brion's getting better," Pelini said. "He's still growing. Still learning. He'll be fine. I'm not afraid to put Brion in the game."

Did Pelini consider inserting Carnes into the Wisconsin game when Martinez was struggling?

"Hell, no," Pelini said.

Martinez is the man, until further notice.

"You better believe it," Pelini said. "I think he's a really good player. I'm glad he's our quarterback. He's earned it, period."