Jared Crick's condition

I hope people who were giving this kid so much flack about not playing up to expectations respect this kid for trying to play with a torn pec........We will miss ya Jared

In fairness, he only played with a torn pec for a few plays at the end of the OSU comeback.

He played with what we can all pretty well believe was a concussion for a couple of weeks, though.

He also played with the remainders of his Spring knee injury all season, which is probably the single biggest factor in his play this year.

anyone know if he got insurance before he came back?

I think he only had collision. Not bumper-to-bumper.

Wait - what are we talking about?

alot of high draft picks that come back for their senior years put insurance on their body. that way if they get hurt they still get paid..

I know - I was trying to make a funny.

He, like many before that came back for their senior year, did take out a policy.

He probably will not be able to participate in the NFL combine. The recovery of this injury is 100x worse than blowing a knee. Imagine your chest on fire while getting hit in the chest with a sledge hammer and that is about how this feels.

He will go down as a great as great IMO. He did it with Suh, and last year without him. Any DT in the world would take the numbers he put up. As a couple other posters have stated, Crick has been a man on the field and just as great of a man off the field. Kept his nose clean, has a degree, and was a leader, a role model for any young kid growing up dreaming of donning the scarlet and cream.

anyone know if he got insurance before he came back?

I think he only had collision. Not bumper-to-bumper.

Wait - what are we talking about?

alot of high draft picks that come back for their senior years put insurance on their body. that way if they get hurt they still get paid..

I know - I was trying to make a funny.

yeah i realized that after i went back and read it again! my bad sir

Such a shame to see a guy like Crick go down for the count. What heart the kid has though...a testament to his character. I hope to see him succeed in the NFL and wish the brute the best!

This question pops into my head though. I know that a hobbled Jared Crick is still a huge threat out there and so did the teams we played so far. We saw double teams on the guy all season. This will free up the other teams guys to potentially cause more trouble for our defense. I hope that whoever fills his shoes is ready to take their game to the next level.

GBR!

He's fine. He's just not as good as everyone thinks he is. We are now realizing just how much he benefited from playing next to Suh.

I'm sick of hearing every broadcast announcer covering our game all over Crick's jock. They're always like, "one of the best DT's in the country" etc, etc. Just heaping praise on him. For what? He hasn't done a damn thing this year. He had one good season (next to one of the greatest DT's to ever play the game) and people think he's good.

If he was as good as advertised, he'd be taking up double teams and allowing the DT next to him to make plays. If he was really good, he would be taking up double teams and still making plays. But he's not good and neither of those scenarios are taking place.

You rarely hear his name called and I usually only notice him when he's whiffing on a sack or tackling the RB that squirted past him because he got blown off the ball.

Here's all that kid did: He goes to class, he's respectful to the media, he's respectful to the public and he's a good kid.

Well then come after me. I'm a man! I'm 40!!

I think it is fair to give me 100% credit of any Mike Gundy references made on this board. :)