SIGNED CB Mohammed Seisay

ADS

From Brian Christopherson via Twitter:

HuskerExtraBC

Just talked to John O'Mera, the JUCO coach of #Husker CB signee Mohammed Seisay. O'Mera also coached Armando Murillo and Zack Bowman.....

HuskerExtraBC

Seisay is better than both Murillo and Bowman were coming out of the JUCO ranks, O'Mera said.

Impressive. Hopefully he also picks up the system faster than they did.

I hope its by conference play, but we'll see. Glad he's there in the spring.

HuskerExtraBC

Just talked to John O'Mera, the JUCO coach of #Husker CB signee Mohammed Seisay. O'Mera also coached Armando Murillo and Zack Bowman.....

HuskerExtraBC

Seisay is better than both Murillo and Bowman were coming out of the JUCO ranks, O'Mera said.

I don't really remember Murillo or Bowman having a tough time picking up the system. But either way, it shouldn't be too hard for him to pick up giving he has spring, summer, and fall to do so. Plus, CB in Bo's system is by far the one position that has the least worries about actual system and knowing where to be. Mostly it's guard your guy, period.

HuskerExtraBC

HuskerExtraBC

I don't really remember Murillo or Bowman having a tough time picking up the system. But either way, it shouldn't be too hard for him to pick up giving he has spring, summer, and fall to do so. Plus, CB in Bo's system is by far the one position that has the least worries about actual system and knowing where to be. Mostly it's guard your guy, period.

I don't think it's that simple.... Bo's system is one of the more complex ones out there (or so people say), and it is primarily based off of a match-up zone....

Seismic looks to be next Husker juco success story

By BRIAN CHRISTOPHERSON / Lincoln Journal Star Posted: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 7:30 pm

When Husker football coaches first called John O'Mera to inquire about cornerback Mohammed Seisay, he had an easy way to get their attention. He brought up a couple other corners he's sent Nebraska's way — Armando Murillo and Zack Bowman, now a Chicago Bear. Then O'Mera told Nebraska's staff this: Seisay is better than both of them were coming out of junior college.

LINK

Better than Murillo and Bowman? I like the sound of THAT.

Edit: I didn't see there was already a thread on this article in the Husker forum when I made this post.

Murrillo really didn't flourish until Pelini got here in 2008, and Bowman never had the pleasure of getting good defensive coaching. Seisay is better than those two, no offense to them, and he is more physical.

Music to my ears!

Murrillo really didn't flourish until Pelini got here in 2008, and Bowman never had the pleasure of getting good defensive coaching. Seisay is better than those two, no offense to them, and he is more physical.

Murillo, I don't doubt, but Bowman...we'll have to wait and see. I will not anoint him better than Bowman until he proves it on the field.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to be the downer here, but that same coach also said Murillo was better than Bowman coming out of JUCO. That wasn't the case. I'm hopeful since Seisay is getting here early and we need CB's.

Murillo was solid for us. Nothing against Bowman, who was also good, but he did struggle through some injuries and ended his career unfortunately, on the bench. If we get a solid starter out of Seisay for a few years, I'm glad. It's something we really need at the corner position right now.

Sorry to be the downer here, but that same coach also said Murillo was better than Bowman coming out of JUCO. That wasn't the case. I'm hopeful since Seisay is getting here early and we need CB's.

Murillo was solid for us. Nothing against Bowman, who was also good, but he did struggle through some injuries and ended his career unfortunately, on the bench. If we get a solid starter out of Seisay for a few years, I'm glad. It's something we really need at the corner position right now.

No question. I'm just pointing out to take his coach's praise with a grain of salt.