Tom slams Badger fans.

I found this a little funny. Almost a low blow from Tom.

"I think, usually, schools with good tradition, that have won a lot in the past, are fairly tolerant," he said. "The ones that have won just lately sometimes don't know how to handle it very well."

Read more: http://host.madison.com/sports/columnists/adam_mertz/article_3141e4d8-f507-11e0-86b9-001cc4c002e0.html#ixzz1afNha16c

^ my assumption is that's what Badger was referring to.

It's the trade off of having that large, rowdy student section and intimidating atmoshere. It's too bad the fans are that way - but I can tell you Camp Randall is one place I really want to go see a Husker game at. That place was rockin.

Edit: At least this isn't like Colorado - or at least I don't think it is. Those were fans that were just complete d-bags and cared more about throwing piss on Nebraska fans than watching their team. This is more about passion, excitement, and Wisconsin football IMO.

I wonder what Barry thought about this. I mean, it's one thing to degrade the opponents' fans that come to your stadium, but to shout obscenities at their AD? I guess I was wrong to think that 'drunken idiots' didn't apply to their fan base. But I've heard nothing but Colorado Buffalo coming from Madison. Maybe the two should schedule a game and piss and vomit all over each other.

It's not like he's wrong. I mean, have you met a New Orleans Saints fan?

please explain?

Speaking generally, they're insufferable. Maybe it's just the whole "WHO DAT" thing, I dunno...

lol- yes they are. You should have heard them after the SuperBowl win- they were chanting TWO DAT. I'm stuck here

I caught that little blurb the other day and its hilarious because tom is not intending to harm Wisconsin. He is a coach so still has some competitive nature and if you read the whole exchange tom hits on his disappointment about our fans criticisms and booing but is simply stating facts that overall our fans are used to winning and when you lose fans can get overly critical. Schools who don't have winning traditions can get caught up in their teams success too much and get out of hand.

He did differentiate between rank-and-file Badger fans and the students. Most of the trouble seemed to be coming from alcohol-fueled students. I've heard quite a few mentions from UW fans that the student body has a large percentage of east-coast transplants, particularly the Philadelphia area. This would explain a lot. People who grow-up in an idiotic pro-sports culture will tend to become idiotic fans themselves.