Tom slams Badger fans.

That's a pretty high horse you've got there. Sure UW has gone through some bad years but they've consistently won for the better part of 2 decades. We have even been to more BCS bowls (3-2) and won more (2-1).

I also recall a certain moment in time when Tom Osbourne decided when winning was so important he decided to start a woman beater against universal disapproval and any sort of moral compass. So maybe he shouldn't be the authority on correlating winning culture and character.

Wow, lol. And people wonder why Wisconsin fans get a bad rap

See the thing is, we don't get a bad rap. In fact, we get effusive praise by pretty much everybody save for a few opposing fan bases. Some are based on geographic rivalry (Minnesota), others based on competition (Iowa and Ohio State), and one because they are just grumpy all the time and have an affinity for billboards (MSU).

Otherwise we are universally praised by sportswriters and analysts for being an enthusiastic fan base that fosters an electric atmosphere in one of the greatest college towns. And similar to Nebraska, but not of the same level, travels well to support our university.

Also, I don't know what's so bad about that particular post because it is largely based on fact. I acknowledge Wisconsin didnt't have a winning history through the 60's 70's and large part of the 80s, but we have been successful for the majority of the last two decades. ˜Osborne also on the wrong side of a large national debate about the price of winning when he chose to start Lawrence Phillips after he beat his girlfriend.

I've said far more vitriolic things.

pat-731186.gif

Is this you?

• Fire 3

That's a pretty high horse you've got there. Sure UW has gone through some bad years but they've consistently won for the better part of 2 decades. We have even been to more BCS bowls (3-2) and won more (2-1).

I also recall a certain moment in time when Tom Osbourne decided when winning was so important he decided to start a woman beater against universal disapproval and any sort of moral compass. So maybe he shouldn't be the authority on correlating winning culture and character.

Wow, lol. And people wonder why Wisconsin fans get a bad rap

See the thing is, we don't get a bad rap. In fact, we get effusive praise by pretty much everybody save for a few opposing fan bases. Some are based on geographic rivalry (Minnesota), others based on competition (Iowa and Ohio State), and one because they are just grumpy all the time and have an affinity for billboards (MSU).

Otherwise we are universally praised by sportswriters and analysts for being an enthusiastic fan base that fosters an electric atmosphere in one of the greatest college towns. And similar to Nebraska, but not of the same level, travels well to support our university.

Also, I don't know what's so bad about that particular post because it is largely based on fact. I acknowledge Wisconsin didnt't have a winning history through the 60's 70's and large part of the 80s, but we have been successful for the majority of the last two decades. ˜Osborne also on the wrong side of a large national debate about the price of winning when he chose to start Lawrence Phillips after he beat his girlfriend.

I've said far more vitriolic things.

HA get a grip dude. The fact that you are defending your school in which your city's DA had to call and apologize to people about their injuries is not even laughable. People aren't denying that you guys are loud, and that your GAME atmosphere is great. Its the fact that you have to act like savages to do so. What the sports writers are talking about is your singing, your traditions. Not calling opposing fans a$$hole$ and telling them that you hope they die in a car accident.

The scary part is that people like you are getting a degree from a reputable university and that you might have a decent job someday.

You know you're desperate for dirt when you go back 16 years to dig up the bones of the Lawrence Phillips saga.

I've always thought cherry-picking the worst-case scenarios of the last 20 years was a legitimate form of criticism.

As legit as saying all fans "suck" because of the behavior of a few, I know. It's a boorish argument.

Nothing law enforcement can do about thousands of people chanting away...surprised the NCAA hasn't given refs authority to penalize the home team for stuff like that. Then again, that seems unfair too. Meh, probably something that won't go away ever...

The rules used to allow that - I remember the refs throwing flags for delay of game (and/or unsportsmanlike) several times in the (distant) past because the crowd got too loud. I guess the rule must have changed somewhere along the line.

I like how people are taking this stuff out on badger_hb and badgerfan like they can control what other people do. Yeah, they are UW fans, but they have already admitted they don't like and they don't partake in the behavior. Stop crucifying them for being badger fans, they have been nothing but classy and civil on this board. Students will be students and if you think anything is going to change your crazy. Nothing will change. If you decide to go to Madison next time, hang out with fans like badger_hb and badgerfan if you want to be treated well, but if you walk across a student,you will be called an a-hole. I don't condone it and I would never do it, but it won't change, no matter how many people complain about it.

And bromantana, you say people act like this at Nebraska, ask the OSU fans how they were treated...

Also they have both made it painfully obvious they don't suppor the student in what they are doing. I think everyone has made there point.

Bromontana, the difference being we've actually won something, and it's really the only thing that really matters. You keep talking like your Badgers have won something other than an NT. I thought the object of every team was to win National Titles, not sit back and say, "well we've been to a bowl game that had absolutely jack squat with a national title".

Again, this goes back to what Tom was saying and you're making yourself look as if you're the exact type of person he's talking to. We've been there, so most of us understand what it means to act like we've been there as fans. In fact, we've been there more than 5 times(but only won those 5), and been there IN the last decade unlike some other squads that I really don't need to mention.

You know you're desperate for dirt when you go back 16 years to dig up the bones of the Lawrence Phillips saga.

It's kind of like touting the titles you won 14+ years ago after you get your ass kicked on the field in 2011

If your goal is to REEEEALLY make Wisky fans look dumb and awful, congratulations, you're succeeding.