BTN's Howard Griffith Still Believes NU Will Win Big 10

If we can get past michigan and wisconsin.

Right now, I'm more worried about Northwestern and Michigan State. Michigan I think will be easier than people are thinking, but I'm subscribing to the belief that MSU's defense is indeed what it's cracked up to be, and that Persa is starting for Northwestern.

If we do win our division and then beat Wisconsin in the B1G championship game, but Wiscy's only loss is to us in the championship game NU goes on to the BSC bowl because the win is the determining factor, Right? What's confusing is that UW and NU would be even-we won one they won one. How does this play out?

Right now, I'm more worried about Northwestern and Michigan State. Michigan I think will be easier than people are thinking, but I'm subscribing to the belief that MSU's defense is indeed what it's cracked up to be, and that Persa is starting for Northwestern.

I agree with you, Northwestern is a COMPLETELY different team when Persa is in there. They are very dangerous with him at the helm. Michigan State's defense is legit, but what about their offense? I'm not worried about whether we move the ball on them. At this point I think we could move the ball against LSU's defense in all honesty. I just know from here on out it's going to be a shootout and I'm looking at what the other teams offense can do and not their defense.

If we do win our division and then beat Wisconsin in the B1G championship game, but Wiscy's only loss is to us in the championship game NU goes on to the BSC bowl because the win is the determining factor, Right? What's confusing is that UW and NU would be even-we won one they won one. How does this play out?

CCG is determining factor. That determines B1G winner, not the regular season.

I agree with you, Northwestern is a COMPLETELY different team when Persa is in there. They are very dangerous with him at the helm. Michigan State's defense is legit, but what about their offense? I'm not worried about whether we move the ball on them. At this point I think we could move the ball against LSU's defense in all honesty. I just know from here on out it's going to be a shootout and I'm looking at what the other teams offense can do and not their defense.

I hope the lsu part was sarcasm. We can move the ball on anyone EXCEPT alabama and lsu. Demps is a lot better than burkhead and their oline is better than our oline. LSU and Bama's d are athletic and big, no way we would move the ball on that D.

I hope the lsu part was sarcasm. We can move the ball on anyone EXCEPT alabama and lsu. Demps is a lot better than burkhead and their oline is better than our oline. LSU and Bama's d are athletic and big, no way we would move the ball on that D.

we might not be great on offense but we are clearly pretty good and i guarandamntee you that we could move the ball on those two teams.

Why would people be so shocked to see us squeeze into the title game and then go toe-to-toe with a team that appeared far superior going in? It happened in 2009 and 2010. Teams change a lot from early October to early December. Bo and Carl didn't forget how to coach defense over the summer. Players will step up and develop to fill weaknesses. It's happened every year since Bo arrived. SJB alone could prove to be a huge turning point for the defense. If we get to play Wisconsin again, we still will and should be the underdog (probably in the 10-12 point range), but I have no idea why we wouldn't want the chance at least.

*If anyone can help me with a video link, I'd appreciate it--tried to find it on the BTN site, no luck.*

Was watching BTN Live last night, and the topic came up about who they would pick to win the Big 10 championship based on what has been shown at the midseason point, and while Illinois and Wisconsin (obviously) came up, Howard Griffith said Nebraska, and then gave a grin like the cat who ate the canary.

With all of the mid-season distractions and problems (e.g. reporters, Crick's injuries) in spite of the new Renaissance our offense is experiencing, is it possible people are starting to believe we'll win the Big 10 on the backs of Rex, Abdullah, and Martinez, instead of Meredith, David, and Fonz?

Regardless, it's nice to see that we're still thought of as being in the hunt for the Big 10 title. Something tells me that Bo and Co will use the next two bye weeks to retool our D and employ a KISS philosophy to help the new players out. That, and we'll see our second-string get lots of time @ Minnesota, which will help a great deal.

The only thing I can come up with is he was trying to make a funny at our expense.

COMPLETELY different all the way from horrible to marginal. Even with Persa Michigan totally shut them down the 2nd half in their win. Neither team impresses me much. We don't self destruct that's two wins for the BigRedMachine.

GBR!!

COMPLETELY different all the way from horrible to marginal. Even with Persa Michigan totally shut them down the 2nd half in their win. Neither team impresses me much. We don't self destruct that's two wins for the BigRedMachine.

GBR!!

Whats the chances we dont self destruct though?

GBR!!

Whats the chances we dont self destruct though?

I'll be damned if I know. :-) I'll just intuitively guess for two games at...oh....75%. Lame as that is it's the best I got. Sorry!

GBR!!