What Have We Learned???

1. The Defense we've been waiting 7 weeks for decided to show up

2. Rex might not be human

3. T-mart needs to be careful on the deeper passes

4. Needed to work in more Diamond

T-Mart should always be careful on the deep passes... But I don't think those jump balls he threw to Kenny Bell were particularly bad throws... one got picked off a deflection which is unlucky, and the other drew a pass interference, and was placed on Bell's outside shoulder which was perfect placement. You can tell he's been coached not to underthrow on deep passes like he did earlier in the season - the last few games, he's only been long when he misses (like today when Kyler was wide open). Anyways, it was a good second half from Taylor, good overall game - he did what he had to do. Managed the game and minimized mistakes. I'd like to see him keep improving the zone read game, he missed a few reads today.

Top to bottom, that's the best offensive performance we've had since before the Pelini era. It wasn't always pretty, but they got the job done and controlled the game in the 3rd quarter against one of the nation's top defenses. Tim Beck was without question the right man for the job. It's all downhill from here for those guys - we won't face another defense like that the rest of the season. PSU will be tough, but not that tough.

Anyways, what I really learned today was to ALWAYS have faith in the Brothers Pelini. This defense has come a LONG ways in a very short amount of time. Hopefully we can keep it up against mobile QBs like Dan Persa and Denard Robinson, but the transformation of this defense from the beginning of October to now has been nothing short of incredible to watch.

Lol zoogies after the announcers kept bringing up the fact we were running the G option, I said, "Yeah, Rex is a straight up G, too," after he scored.

I learned a lot about our team today. I agree your first point Hercules-- the pass that got picked off was not a bad throw. In fact, about 6 inches shorter, and it was a perfect pass right in Bell's breadbasket. Can't fault the kid for trying to go up and grab it, but his tip led to the pick.

Also, really loved the transformation the defense has made. Off the top of my head and being lazy (not in depth):

1) Compton doesn't suck.

2) Our D-Line can actually get pressure with that stand up scheme they played today. Hey, if we have to have the ends curl around our tackles in order to get pressure... DO IT.

3) E-Mart is a physical man and needs to see the field in passing situations.

4) Andrew Green played a damn good game, aside from the pass interference call. A split second sooner on that shovel from Cousins to MSU back and that play is 6 points for us.

5) Fonzie played coverage tighter than a straight jacket today.

6) Our safeties seem to be growing comfortable and totally trusted the scheme today. Looked much much better and really helped blanket receivers on the deep throws (kudos to Bo and Carl for keeping 2 deep... right announcers?). Only complaint was the boneheaded hold by Cassidy, but he played a good game.

7) We knew exactly what they were going to do when they sent a tight end in motion. The corner on that side became the safety and the safety moved down into the box. Well schemed.

Just amazed by how good the D looked today. Complete 180 from what we've seen prior to this.

1. The Defense we've been waiting 7 weeks for decided to show up

2. Rex might not be human

3. T-mart needs to be careful on the deeper passes

4. Needed to work in more Diamond

T-Mart should always be careful on the deep passes... But I don't think those jump balls he threw to Kenny Bell were particularly bad throws... one got picked off a deflection which is unlucky, and the other drew a pass interference, and was placed on Bell's outside shoulder which was perfect placement. You can tell he's been coached not to underthrow on deep passes like he did earlier in the season - the last few games, he's only been long when he misses (like today when Kyler was wide open). Anyways, it was a good second half from Taylor, good overall game - he did what he had to do. Managed the game and minimized mistakes. I'd like to see him keep improving the zone read game, he missed a few reads today.

Top to bottom, that's the best offensive performance we've had since before the Pelini era. It wasn't always pretty, but they got the job done and controlled the game in the 3rd quarter against one of the nation's top defenses. Tim Beck was without question the right man for the job. It's all downhill from here for those guys - we won't face another defense like that the rest of the season. PSU will be tough, but not that tough.

Anyways, what I really learned today was to ALWAYS have faith in the Brothers Pelini. This defense has come a LONG ways in a very short amount of time. Hopefully we can keep it up against mobile QBs like Dan Persa and Denard Robinson, but the transformation of this defense from the beginning of October to now has been nothing short of incredible to watch.

Yep.

Major, major kudos to Bo for the superb defensive show! I was crazy to doubt the guy and it won't happen again.

Fully agree that Ohio St & Michigan St are easily the toughest defenses we play this year. Yes, PSU's is good but I think that's mostly because they haven't played the tough Big10 teams yet and that opponents are conservative due to their horrid offense. Again, they're good but not at the Buckeye's or Spartan's level.

I think our offense looks terrific in the 2nd half vs "anybody" (possibly excluding Bama & LSU). Nobody can stop us from here on our schedule until the CCG (if we hack it). Probably it will be Wisconsin and I think we'll be hard for them to stop. No way they have the defense Michigan St or the Buckeyes have & Beck has learned his lesson. It won't be at Camp Randle at night either.

I've seen much better offensive play under Bo but not vs such excellent defenses. The Missouri game last year is maybe somewhat close but the Tiger defense, while fairly good, wasn't anything like the Spartan's.

Downright impressive game all the way around.

GBR!!

1) I thought Cousins would pick us apart because of the lack of pressure we have seen in prior weeks. Credit our secondary. Fonzie broke up a lot of passes. I think our defense can be really good against more immobile QB's. Great team defense today.

2) Rex!

3) I was concerned at the half our offense was too one dimensional (I love Rex but he needs a breather once in awhile and you saw him go down in the second half), but good adjustments at half to give TMart the right throws and play action he needed.

4) Sacks and tackles for loss rule! Nice job by EMart and Compton today. Also, thought J. Williams had one of his better games.

5) Abdullah looks a bit shaky and we need to get him going again.

6) Would have liked to have seen Turner more.

D backs played an excellent game

O Line played very well and wore down a good defensive unit

Rex is totally unbelievable and most certainly not human

Carl/Bo put together a very good D gameplan

Beck called a very good game and continuosly impresses me with his in game adjustments

Taylor can throw certain passes in the right situations.

Taylor cannot throw certain passes in the wrong situation.

The equipment managers need to check on that back-ordered Stickum because apparently they were out of stock today.

I can't believe the MSU team we faced today beat the Wisconsin team we faced a few weeks ago.

Momentum and mojo are real factors, not to be over looked, in college football.

As well as we played most of today, we still haven't played a full 4 quarters on both sides of the ball. When we do, look out.

The CCG will be much different than our first meeting with the Badgers.