Late game coaching FAIL

Foppa

Thanks Bo, for leaving your starting QB in the ENTIRE game when the game was set by the 4th quarter. What were you trying to prove? Way to tarnish a great game by not giving backups a chance to get game experience. Love the win, but this wasn't the way to punctuate it.

Call the WaaAAAAAAHmbulamce

Guys no need to be upset about this, it's a legitimate complaint that I can see being argued both ways. I just checked out of the game at the end and I think the coaches did too. Rather than send in Brion and try to run something we just clocked it with 3 minutes to go. I think that is a show of respect for the opponent though, as well as something that reduces the chance of injury in an already-decided game.

So this time, again, no complaints for me. But it is not as if raising the issue is ridiculous. Either would have been fine from the coaches.

* With the caveat, again, that putting in Brion to just run out the clock with handoffs would have been sillier than leaving him on the sidelines.

Thanks for the comments. Just wanted to see what people thought. Now I know. Live for the moment. Hey...at least the moment is good! Hope all the guys can stay healthy and keep a nice run for the rest of the season, and what a performance by the Blackshirts. GBR, have a great Saturday Husker fans, I'm out.

Yep, but I just don't think there was much of a concern there at the end. We didn't blow them out enough to put in backups until the last drive, which ended up lasting 6 plays and 1 yard. So at that point I think we rotated in other players but kept Taylor in. No point in making a switch by that point anyway.

JMO!

Yeah, I think I know what you're saying. But if Bo trusts the D, and after their performance today, he should've, then why worry what the offense is going to do? Carnes comes in and hands off a fumble, you can still put out the defensive 1st string, right? Is that any different than keeping the first string offense in?

Foppa is a person, I feel, who will never be happy in life. Hey we won! But Bo didn't do EVERYTHING RIGHT--to something as minute as not pulling Taylor. What was Brion going to do in that last 3 minutes? He would've handed the ball off--and taken a knee...

Thanks for being my psychiatrist. I'm a bit upset you didn't let me first lay out on your couch and ask me a bunch of questions as you scribbled and shook.

Yeah...thanks Bo...for leaving T-mart in the game so people have a reason to piss and moan instead of being happy for a great game.
And if T-Mart gets knocked out of a game, which we all know can happen...let's just not let any backup play when the game is out of hand. That makes sense. You be happy for the win. I'm happy for the win. But I'd rather our coach is smart enough to get game experience to the backup rather than hope T-Titanium won't go down with an injury anytime soon.

I little mop up time is always valuable despite what others are thrashing you about. Carnes should have been put in late in the game.

Personally, I was glad Martinez stayed in the game, and if Burkhead didn't get dinged up he should have been on the field with him. Those guys, and the offense in general, deserved to be on the field and taking the knee.

If the game would have ended with the defense on the field, I would hope the BLACKSHIRTS (feels good to say) would be on the field to watch the clock hit zero.

These kids put it together today. A great game!!!

What exactly does putting in Carnes do for him? MSU had no timeouts, we're not going to throw the ball AT ALL. What's the difference between Taylor handing the ball off and Carnes handing the ball off?

A bobbled snap, a broken play where Martinez gets his Sh!t rocked because someone screwed up. I agree w/ the OP that both Martinez and Rex should have been removed a early. Especially after we got the ball back around the 4 minute mark. Of course many on this board will bash him for having an opinion contrary to popular opinion. But our team looked beat up after the game. Yoshi should have been pulled early and give Moore some extra time. You've got to protect players for the long season and prepare players for future years. It is all part of building a program.

Seriously.... let's FIND something to complain about.

Maybe, just maybe, Carnes was hurt, and it never leaked. You don't know the story, and quit complaining.

While it would have been nice to get Carnes some PT, but we all know that Bo will keep TM in there for as long as he can for whatever reason. But I would rather concentrate on what is probably the biggest win in the BoPelini era at Nebraska. A ranked team that was expected to walk away with the divison after last weeks win. Then you throw in how NU completely dominated this game on top and I can't recall a bigger win for him.