Kinnie

mwj98

I said it on the board during the Michigan state game, he needed to catch the ball and quit showboating......well, I watched the game for the first time yesterday (in meetings all week AND saturday). Two crucial drops. The more he drops, the more it reminds me of the Texas game. This guy is all hype. He cannot produce when it counts. And this is very frustrating!!!!

I think you are forgetting the great balls that he had been catching in a few of the games. I think with our receivers it is all mental. When they are concentrated and playing loose, they can all make really good catches. BK has made a conscious effort to catch the ball with his hands this year instead of his body, as well as most of the other receivers, and that is why we are seeing much better play from our receivers this year in comparison to years' past. Are they still inconsistent? Yes, but they are coming along.

Kinnie is on his way out, so at this point it's really less of an issue with him.

The other guys are pretty young, and I think that with the new receivers coach that we have now these issues will be sorted out in time. Drops have not determined our two losses this season, so there's really no argument there.

Getting it sorted out by next season is what is really important at this point.

I said it another thread, I feel awful for BK. He was supposed to be the senior leader this year, and its becoming obvious he overhyped himelf during the offseason. I hope that these next couple weeks turn around for him and he can make some big plays.

I said it another thread, I feel awful for BK. He was supposed to be the senior leader this year, and its becoming obvious he overhyped himelf during the offseason. I hope that these next couple weeks turn around for him and he can make some big plays.

Menelik Holt says.....

"HEY, ...don't forget about me!!!"

we have some good guys coming up..... but BK aint one of them right now... the thing is these guys can catch the ball they are not some idiots off some random HS team... i just dont know why they cant preform at game time...

because they are not 5 star recruits.. And they are still just freshman..

you dont need to be a 5 star to know how to catch the ball.......

we have some good guys coming up..... but BK aint one of them right now... the thing is these guys can catch the ball they are not some idiots off some random HS team... i just dont know why they cant preform at game time...

because they are not 5 star recruits.. And they are still just freshman..

you dont need to be a 5 star to know how to catch the ball.......

Exactly what I was thinking. Additionally, plenty of 5 stars don't live up to it.

After Swift and Pederson left, our receiving corps became wildly inconsistent. The most notable examples would be the 2010 game vs. Texas, or Paul's catch and drop vs ISU in 2009, the Northwestern game, etc.

Right now I don't think it has anything to do with coaching because it's a brand new guy back there. We also have an extremely young receiving corps. BK is the oldest but then you have a bunch of sophomores and freshman behind him. I think they're coming along, but with youth comes inexperience, and with inexperience comes inconsistency.