*** Official Michigan Game Discussion Thread ***

knapplc

Brion isn't going to win the game, he will just be another QB getting knocked around.

You still have two games to play this year, and you have a backup who has played something like 10 snaps in his career. You keep Taylor in, and he rolls an ankle or something flukey, and then what? What did it prove by keeping him in the game down by this much?

Then you have to deal with a QB who has no real game situations, and hope he can salvage the last two games.

The only thing that can happen by keeping your starters in are bad things. Nothing good will come from it. Bring in Jim Ebke and put him back at QB for all I care, just don't get your only QB with experience hurt because of stupidity.

You'd think. But some people are ok with it as long as he owns up to his mistakes. I'm not. QUIT MAKING THEM.

It's not that simple. You can't just fire a coach with several years' in a row of winning records. You'll never get another coach that way.

Frank Solich come to mind?

I don't buy this argument. With enough money, we can get just about anyone we want.

Bill Callahan says hello.

Pelini's press conference should be interesting, as should the coming week.

Here let me sum it up for you.

Bo: "We didn't execute. Michigan is a good football team. They're well-coached. They did some good things and they executed well."

And to be clear, there is nothing wrong with that. Some people don't like coach speak, but that is exactly what a coach should do, say what needs to be said. With Bo, what we have to worry about is him flying off the handle at someone. Although probably not after a loss.

This is a vanilla answer and doesn't address anything. The coaches need to accept some blame here. It should read more like:

Bo: We didn't get our kids ready to play this weekend. It's on us. We need to figure out what we are doing wrong and get this addressed.

I promise you Bo will take responsibility and say also that the staff was outcoached, as he has done every single time we lost this year.

Taking responsibility for a crappy job preparing is great...now I wish he would actually do something about it. He always takes responsibility when Nebraska lays a turd, but nothing ever changes. Nebraska consistently makes the same mistakes every year Bo has been here. The only difference is now the defense is as inconsistent as the offense. I sure hope Pelini has some hidden talent for next year's defense, because I have a feeling it's only going to get worse next year.

Shouldn't this raise a red flag then, that this is something that gets repeated.

I don't get it. Yes, we lose games...it happens almost every year. This would be our third loss this year. When we lose, we knock Bo for coachspeak. And when I suggest he take blame, we knock him for...losing.

It is a no-win situation for the coach obviously, but the point I'm trying to make is that Bo, if he says the right things in the presser, is doing things the right way. This is a tough game for any coach. I would say though, the biggest blame today goes on Beck for calling a largely lifeless offense, and on the effin' special teams.

I'm saying if the coach is saying he is getting outcoached every time we lose, then we have a huge coaching issue. If he was just saying it to take the heat off his players, maybe not such a big deal, but to me, there is a lot of truth to him saying he is getting outcoached.

Pelini's press conference should be interesting, as should the coming week.

Here let me sum it up for you.

Bo: "We didn't execute. Michigan is a good football team. They're well-coached. They did some good things and they executed well."

And to be clear, there is nothing wrong with that. Some people don't like coach speak, but that is exactly what a coach should do, say what needs to be said. With Bo, what we have to worry about is him flying off the handle at someone. Although probably not after a loss.

This is a vanilla answer and doesn't address anything. The coaches need to accept some blame here. It should read more like:

Bo: We didn't get our kids ready to play this weekend. It's on us. We need to figure out what we are doing wrong and get this addressed.

I promise you Bo will take responsibility and say also that the staff was outcoached, as he has done every single time we lost this year.

Taking responsibility for a crappy job preparing is great...now I wish he would actually do something about it. He always takes responsibility when Nebraska lays a turd, but nothing ever changes. Nebraska consistently makes the same mistakes every year Bo has been here. The only difference is now the defense is as inconsistent as the offense. I sure hope Pelini has some hidden talent for next year's defense, because I have a feeling it's only going to get worse next year.

Yep. Bo's job is to FIX the mistakes, not take ownership for them.

The D will be atrocious next year without Lavonte and Fonz. It's a terrifying thought.

Not playing the younger guys now, IMO, really hurts recruiting. ie I wont' play even in a blow out loss/win. I wont get any meaningful reps, no development etc.....

Unfortunately there is truth to this, IMO. The coaches need to do everything possible to increase talent, with the exception on cheating.