Which bowl game will we go to?

Thanks. That's interesting. It's weird for us to hear Northwestern referred to as 'NU'. When we played them this year it was NW and Neb. I guess that made both people happy.

Same with us and USC/Carolina. Actually, this past Thursday, Clemson's head coach, Dabo Swinney, started a little bit of a ruckus when he went on a rant in his post-practice interview. The quick synopsis of the whole story:

USC's radio play-by-play guy said in a radio show "We (USC) aren't LSU and aren't Alabama, but we sure aren't Clemson."

A Clemson reporter asked Dabo what he thought about that quote...and he attributed it to Steve Spurrier.

Dabo went on a rant about how Spurrier and USC are classless and proceeded to trash the USC program and school (ironic isn't it?). He then quoted the USC-Clemson record (which HEAVILY favors Clemson...although Dabo is 1-3 in the rivalry) and finished off with "USC is in California and Carolina is in Chapel Hill."

Spurrier got word of it and made no comment. He said he respected Clemson.

Dabo got word of Spurrier's response and backtracked his statement but said that it's Spurrier's fault that he didn't tell him that he didn't say that.

Wow! I didn't know Dabo was that type of coach. He always seemed such a nice guy. Learn something new everyday.

Thanks. That's interesting. It's weird for us to hear Northwestern referred to as 'NU'. When we played them this year it was NW and Neb. I guess that made both people happy.

Same with us and USC/Carolina. Actually, this past Thursday, Clemson's head coach, Dabo Swinney, started a little bit of a ruckus when he went on a rant in his post-practice interview. The quick synopsis of the whole story:

USC's radio play-by-play guy said in a radio show "We (USC) aren't LSU and aren't Alabama, but we sure aren't Clemson."

A Clemson reporter asked Dabo what he thought about that quote...and he attributed it to Steve Spurrier.

Dabo went on a rant about how Spurrier and USC are classless and proceeded to trash the USC program and school (ironic isn't it?). He then quoted the USC-Clemson record (which HEAVILY favors Clemson...although Dabo is 1-3 in the rivalry) and finished off with "USC is in California and Carolina is in Chapel Hill."

Spurrier got word of it and made no comment. He said he respected Clemson.

Dabo got word of Spurrier's response and backtracked his statement but said that it's Spurrier's fault that he didn't tell him that he didn't say that.

Wow! I didn't know Dabo was that type of coach. He always seemed such a nice guy. Learn something new everyday.

I didn't either. I respected him a whole lot up until that point.

My favorite Spurrier quote ever...."Coach did you hear about the flood at ______(SEC School, Auburn I think)'s Library?" Spurrier: "Yea its a real shame, I hear half the books weren't even colored in yet"

I loved that one and "You can't spell 'Citrus' without 'UT'" as well as FSU=Free Shoes University.

Selection show is tomorrow at 8:15 ET (I believe) on ESPN

TVGuide.com says 9ET. BTW...interesting that you posted ET. Is that the norm?

here's a link to last week's BCS standings (which includes the points):

http://sportsillustr...ncaa/polls/bcs/

OSU's .0839 behind Alabama. In the Harris & Coaches they're .034 & .031 behind the 3rd ranked teams (VT & Stanford). Let's pretend they only move up to 3rd and have the same # of points as those 3rd ranked teams currently do. That would require Alabama losing NO 2nd place votes (and I've already read a couple articles of people saying they're changing their votes). They'll be .0189 behind Alabama. If they move into 2nd in one or the other of the polls I think they get the spot. Or if they move enough in the computer polls. Or if Alabama loses *enough* 2nd place votes.

I frankly wouldn't mind a game with Texas. If the team can overcome falling to a lesser-tier bowl, I think we stomp the crap out of them.

nononono. no. playing texas is a terrible idea.

I'd love to see a bowl game with Tejas. So long as it's not played in the state of Texas and does not have a B12 officiating crew. Kicking the whorns to the curb would help get the monkey off our backs.