Fans at the Iowa Game

majech

I was more impressed with the Iowegians than anything. I don't know if I've ever seen that many opposing fans at Memorial Stadium before. Since Kinnick is the only stadium in our conference within reasonable driving distance, I suspect we'll do a pretty good job of representing ourselves in their home.

Sounds like a challenge. Maybe Iowa should change their nickname to 'fighting irish' ;)

I'll admit, I sold my tickets.

Had to fund my expedition to my first ever NFL game that Sunday - Chiefs/Steelers. And hate me if you will, but it was damn worth it.

When you fund your trip to see WWE vs. NASCAR next year, look me up. I'll buy your tickets and even if I can't go, I'll at least make sure the tickets go to a Husker fan.

They didn't fill these sections. They were in the upper third/half of section 41, lower half of 21, and upper half of 20. So with your estimates that would be 6000 max there. Then the interspersings of maybe 2000-2500. At most the 10,000 inside the stadium I am guessing.

I was is Section 21 and that thing was probably 75% Herky. Don't forget they like to pack visitors up under the balcony and that place was all black and yellow.

There were plenty there though. That damn ugly yellow just sticks out like a sore so it kind of magnifies their presence. Best I saw was one sporting the yellow and black overalls, big yellow I outlined in black painted on his face and had Herky logo contacts in.

aerohead is pretty sweet

Are you sure you're from Kansas (or anywhere close to Arrowhead)? :cheers

It is a lot of fun though. Honestly, I shouldn't joke about spelling; last time I was at a Chiefs game I don't know if I could spell my own name when I left. I went with a couple of friends to a Chiefs vs. Raiders game (one of my friends is a Raider fan, the rest of us were there for fun). Anyway, we tailgated next to some other Raider fans that had some tequila fresh from Mother Mexico!!!...luckily our wives drove us back to Lincoln.