DC Candidates?

Just curious but if Ferentz is offered the job for the Chiefs and then goes. Would Iowa try to get Mike as their head coach?

Why would Ferentz get offered the Chiefs job? Are there some ties there that I'm not aware of or something? I know he was once regarded as hot coaching commodity years ago, but I didn't think he still was.

Just curious but if Ferentz is offered the job for the Chiefs and then goes. Would Iowa try to get Mike as their head coach?

Why would Ferentz get offered the Chiefs job? Are there some ties there that I'm not aware of or something? I know he was once regarded as hot coaching commodity years ago, but I didn't think he still was.

He and Pioli are really good friends.

Pretty sure Pioli tried to lure him away from Iowa back in '09 but settled for Haley

Pretty sure Pioli tried to lure him away from Iowa back in '09 but settled for Haley

I'm sure Pioli is really ready to have someone in there who he can work with. Pretty well documented that he and Haley did NOT get along. So if all this is true, then I suppose it wouldn't be that hard to connect the dots. I would think Stoops would be toward the top of Iowa's list if Ferentz went to KC. I think the Chiefs would be making a big mistake, but I'm not sure that whole scenario would be all that bad for Iowa. Would suck for us though...not because I don't want to face Stoops as a head coach, but because I want him for our DC. Would definitely add some fuel to the fire for the Iowa/Nebraska "rivalry" though.

Count me among the continually puzzled about the annual listing of Ferentz as a "hot" coaching commodity. Just what body of work does his resume entail to generate this talk?

I don't think "proven" matters much when you're talking about hiring friends.

But I also don't think Ferentz is going to KC. He's set up pretty well in Iowa City. No reason for him to go.

Have to agree. Why leave a place that worships you no matter how bad you do. Lets be honest Ferentz could not beat his way out of a wet paper sack & Iowa keeps handing him bags of cash.

• Fire 1

I just filled out an application on Monster....hopefully it filters on down...

+1 for Badgerfan. Will you work for beer and nachos? If so I think we have a winner!!!!

Don't take it, Badger. Hold out for beer and RUNZAS!! Let me know if you need an agent...I can clearly get you a much better deal. :D

Here's a thought... JP moves to DC. Vince Marrow moves from grad assistant to full time assistant on the defensive line/special teams. The guy played 8 years in the NFL and has some college coaching experience. I am told he has been filling in as the 9th coach out recruiting... What if Bo brings him on full time?

I think most fans want the splash hire, Stoops. The above move is more what I expect, and I feel it has worked pretty well on the offensive staff.

+1 for Badgerfan. Will you work for beer and nachos? If so I think we have a winner!!!!

Don't take it, Badger. Hold out for beer and RUNZAS!! Let me know if you need an agent...I can clearly get you a much better deal. :D

HEY! Way to drive the price up, now he may not sign! I was going to use Runzas as the closing incentive, now I have to throw those in and think up another closing incentive. Hhhhhhhmmmmm, maybe Valentino's?

HEY! Way to drive the price up, now he may not sign! I was going to use Runzas as the closing incentive, now I have to throw those in and think up another closing incentive. Hhhhhhhmmmmm, maybe Valentino's?

My client is going to hold out for a Fairbury hotdog. Take it or leave it...non-negotiable!!