Caputo - playing in the Cap-One Bowl?

knapplc

Well at least we will get to see about all that player development that some folks talk about. It is going to hurt that you have a kid taking his first snaps in a bowl game against the speed rush of USC. I hope who ever it is proves me wrong and shows that he should have been playing all year.

Has anyone besides Caputo even taken a snap the past two years?

WTF? He was a walk-on. Why couldn't he walk?

I don't know Bo's policy on this, but a friend of mine left his vehicle in the bar parking lot when he was a student. He got cited for public intoxication while walking down the sidewalk from the bar to his apartment. I'm sure he might have been weaving a bit while walking down the sidewalk, but he got public intoxication and thrown into the drunk tank just the same. Would public intoxication violation have kept Caputo out of the bowl game?

Sounds like there was a similar case to this one in Lancaster County that was reversed. Or at least thats what a lawyer who may or may not have information regarding this case has indicated. At the very least a plea down is likely. If thats the case some internal discipline might be handed out and he could still play. I could see him sit the first quarter. We'll see where it all ends up. I at least feel better knowing he wasn't driving but sleeping and other people are having charges dropped or reduced for the same thing.

So what's the story? Was he driving or was he in a parked car?

Drunk driving is a huge no no, but I definitely have sympathy for the guy if he is sleeping in an idle car while trying to stay warm.

In a car asleep on the steering wheel. Question is did he drive there or get dropped off after being with friends. And if he did drive there how long was he asleep in the car since your BAC rises. Its also possible. . .that a person could have driven there at the limit or below...waited a period of time and had his/her limit rise above legal limits. Thats why its hard to know when he wasn't in the actual act of driving even though the law would state he had the intent.

I bet we end up with public intox.

This sucks, but he can't play. The standard was set last year with Baker and Ricky getting DUI's. Blowing over a .1 is pretty hard to get knocked down to reckless.

Honestly what I'd do instead of sacrificing Pensick to the USC front four, is bump Long down to center. He has taken reps as a center before and should be able (pretty smart kid)handle all the audibles. Choi and unfortunately Arod are your guards. I think that scenario is better than Cole getting destroyed every play.

If he was drunk with the car keys in the ignition and the car was running even though he was sleeping is still considered drunk driving. Even if the car wasn't running and the keys were in the ignition it's still drunk driving. Sounds messed up but that's the law.

Here's one for ya - what if I have remote start, the car is running, I'm passed out a the wheel, but the keys are in my pocket???

If he was drunk with the car keys in the ignition and the car was running even though he was sleeping is still considered drunk driving. Even if the car wasn't running and the keys were in the ignition it's still drunk driving. Sounds messed up but that's the law.

Actually it doesn't sound messed up at all. Simple solution; if you're drunk don't get in your vehicle with the one item that allows the car to function. What's messed up is a football player that values drinking during the season more than he values his teammates. What's really messed up is all the people that have lost their life or that of a loved one because another person got in their car with their keys when they had absolutely no business being in a position to be in control of a vehicle. I said I wasn't going to crucify him for this but there I went. I realize some of these realities don't occur to college age students but that is no excuse.