Anyone getting nervous yet?

I must say I'm getting a little discouraged with the lack of commits. I realize that we can only take about 15 kids this year, but we haven't solved some of our most glaring holes. Zero defensive backs with Diggs, Beaver, Rios, Jiles, Raymond, etc. off the list. 1 TE (and it's a Cotton kid), 1 DE, 3 LBs but only 2 will have 4 years of eligibility and Rose being the only marque name, and 1 OL (I realize Peat is still a major possibility but who else is?).

Meanwhile Michigan and Ohio State are soaring in recruiting.

What do we do if Seisay chooses Arkansas and jackson fails to qualify again?

Don't mean to be in panic mode, I support this staff fully, but I'm just worried.

We knew it was going to be a short list of commits this year, but I agree it has been a little discouraging. We need to finish strong with Peat, Fuller, Lambert, Valentine, and Seisay. If we got 3 out of these 5 it would make this year look a lot better.

I'm hoping we can pull in all 5 of them. They all could potentially be N, but that is just wishful thinking most likely.

We knew it was going to be a short list of commits this year, but I agree it has been a little discouraging. We need to finish strong with Peat, Fuller, Lambert, Valentine, and Seisay. If we got 3 out of these 5 it would make this year look a lot better.

Seisay looks to be heading to Arkansas. Thus, as for DB's we lose out on Rios, Beaver, Diggs, and Seisay. Wow. So, I'd guess that Nu goes into the mode of looking at next-level players and hope that they can be developed. Right now, Jackson --- seemingly a true top-level recruit --- is critical... lets hope he becomes eligible.

Michigan and Ohio State look to be heading to the top of the B1G and the gap will only get larger as they are rocking the recruits and NU cannot land a single target (or, at least has not landed anyone in a long, long time). In fact the most "action" that NU has seen is recruits leaving rather than coming.

I said I'd start worrying if we were still at 8 come Christmas. I'm officially worried a few days early. All indications are this will be a disapointing class. Rarely do teams have a late push that excedes a few guys. I understand we are after some "big" targets - but to think we'll land 8 of them in the last month seems like stretch to me. And that's assuming we don't lose anyone which I still believe at least 1 will drop off. Get ready to see what the lower portion of the coachs' target list looks like. In 08' Pelini came in and made a late push for a bunch of 3*s. A lot fo them turned out all right. Maybe a few JUCOs as well? Unfortunately "turning out alright" doesn't equate to championships.

Seisay looks to be heading to Arkansas. Thus, as for DB's we lose out on Rios, Beaver, Diggs, and Seisay. Wow. So, I'd guess that Nu goes into the mode of looking at next-level players and hope that they can be developed. Right now, Jackson --- seemingly a true top-level recruit --- is critical... lets hope he becomes eligible.

Michigan and Ohio State look to be heading to the top of the B1G and the gap will only get larger as they are rocking the recruits and NU cannot land a single target (or, at least has not landed anyone in a long, long time). In fact the most "action" that NU has seen is recruits leaving rather than coming.

based on what, he bought an Arky hat with his own money before his visit?

I'm not worried yet. If Seisay goes to Ark and CJackson doesn't make it, we will have a HUGE need at corner.

I think we are just fine though.

I agree Chi. Also NU is a place where coaching and development are a requirement. If we win and build momentum, recruiting will improve, not to say this year is a wash.

Until then the team has to capitalize on what they have, if they can't close on some guys.

I too am getting nervous especially after reading a few things regarding potential DC plans and possible going after the line coach of Iowa. I didnt think bo was going to hire Zook but did think Stoops might be an option. The thing that has me most concerned is with tosu getting 3 5 stars in a week, that with the fact Meechigan is on the prowel we must finish off recruiting on a high note and I am not sold YET that that will happen. I really think Notre Dame is going to get our WR(ouch) so my hopes that Bo can handle all this is waining I still have some hope he and the staff can I just hope its not too late and things turn out!!!! Hope I am wrong if not oh well nothing I can do but continue wearing my Red like the rest of you!!!! GOBIGRED

A little bit worried here... but most of the big dogs we have on the board have not committed elsewhere yet either. There are a lot of uncommitted top notch guys out there. I am worried that when we are in the top 2 with an SEC school, the SEC school wins most of the time... and the same goes for west coast schools.

Does Peat really choose us over Stanford? A top 10 team, a prestigious academic school, good weather cali school, closer to home.

Does Diggs really choose us over USC? Closer to home, top 10 defense, dad played there, loved his visit.

Does Ford de-commit from UCLA for us? I think this chance is slim.

So we get Valentine, So we get Afalava and then he can't qualify. Let's say we lock up Lambert and bring in a stellar LB class. Great! But we still have a hold for DB's and OL. I don't see at this point how we fill the needs at DB and OL. So no matter what... if we lock up 5 more 4*+ kids... we still have some holes to fill.

I'm not worried yet. If Seisay goes to Ark and CJackson doesn't make it, we will have a HUGE need at corner.

I think we are just fine though.

I agree Chi. Also NU is a place where coaching and development are a requirement. If we win and build momentum, recruiting will improve, not to say this year is a wash.

Until then the team has to capitalize on what they have, if they can't close on some guys.

Kind of a chicken/egg thing though. Michigan didn't win, and they had a top 5 class by fall-ball. Now they are in a position to win, so their sales pitch can change and it will all get easier. IMO, each marginal class makes it just a little harder for us to win. As it becomes harder to win, it becomes harder to recruit. Eventually the gaps appear, the armor gets pierced and you go 5-7, change staff and start over again.

Bo's going the JUCO route next year to make up for this year, no doubt in my mind there will be a 6-8, 3 for 3 guys to fill this gap in 2013. The question is, do we fill the 5 extra scholarships...or go w/ 80 and carry them over for a large class w/ some JUCOs next year. I'd rather have 8 top shelf JUCO guys next year, than 5 plan B recruits this year. They're essentially in the same class at that point, so why not?

I am concerned. I wonder how much of it is the kids and how much is the parents? I just wonder if Bo's reputation as a hothead isn't starting to take its toll on recruiting. Nebraska is Nebraska but it shouldn't be this hard to pull in good kids when there are lots of opportunities for playing time at quite a few positions. I like Bo but I can see it being real easy to recruit against us.

I am concerned. I wonder how much of it is the kids and how much is the parents? I just wonder if Bo's reputation as a hothead isn't starting to take its toll on recruiting. Nebraska is Nebraska but it shouldn't be this hard to pull in good kids when there are lots of opportunities for playing time at quite a few positions. I like Bo but I can see it being real easy to recruit against us.

Dear God... please don't even start with that 'Bo is a hothead and it's affecting recruiting' part. We've ruined enough threads by turning them into 'Bash Bo' threads , let's not do it again..

• Fire 1