Some impressive Bo numbers........

Comish

I am really impressed with what has has been able to do with what he inherited. Keep up tue good work Bo. Recruiting is a lot better too.

pass whatever your smoking this way.....

He is not the recruiter Cally was, and he inherited a decent amount of talent (look at all the NFL picks over the last 4 years).

No matter if you support Bo or not, lets atleast be honest about it.

Not to mention that half of the players cally got never saw the field. Recruiting and developing are 2 different subjects. I think Bo and his staff can do both.

Not to mention Bo wins 9 or 10 games every year while half the time Clownahan would win 5 or 6 games.... or that in his first four years he'll win 10 games twice (even with taking over a hopelessly shipwrecked program).and possibly three times while Clownahan won 10 games zero times.

But of course recruiting stars are vastly more important than results on the field.

Exactly..

I am really impressed with what has has been able to do with what he inherited. Keep up tue good work Bo. Recruiting is a lot better too.

He is not the recruiter Cally was, and he inherited a decent amount of talent (look at all the NFL picks over the last 4 years).

Not to mention that half of the players cally got never saw the field. Recruiting and developing are 2 different subjects. I think Bo and his staff can do both.

Not to mention Bo wins 9 or 10 games every year while half the time Clownahan would win 5 or 6 games.... or that in his first four years he'll win 10 games twice (even with taking over a hopelessly shipwrecked program).and possibly three times while Clownahan won 10 games zero times.

But of course recruiting stars are vastly more important than results on the field.

Can you people be any more dull? Those "stars" that you mock Callahan for are what Bo has been working with his first three years here. Which was a lot, if Bo took over in 2003, he wouldn't have made a bowl game either with that "talent" that the drunken midget left NU. Hell TO wouldn't have been able to win 6 games with Joe Dailey as your only scholarship QB and three defensive lineman on the team.

I think it's so funny how all of these excuses are given for Bo "needing time to build a program" and is allowed to go through assistant changes just about every year while Callahan was ran out of town without being given the chance to hire a new DC.

Can you people be any more dull? Those "stars" that you mock Callahan for are what Bo has been working with his first three years here. Which was a lot, if Bo took over in 2003, he wouldn't have made a bowl game either with that "talent" that the drunken midget left NU. Hell TO wouldn't have been able to win 6 games with Joe Dailey as your only scholarship QB and three defensive lineman on the team.

I think it's so funny how all of these excuses are given for Bo "needing time to build a program" and is allowed to go through assistant changes just about every year while Callahan was ran out of town without being given the chance to hire a new DC.

Cally was not given a chance to hire a new DC......?? Every delivery system from smoke signals to carrier pigeons to disgruntled regents to inmates at the local ward were BEGGING for him to jettison KC.....!

Now, I admire loyalty, but at some point RESULTS and EVIDENCE have to matter.

For what it's worth, I believe Cally would have had an opportunity to coach multiple more years here if he was not surgically welded at the hip to Cos..............

dude button your fly, your brain's showing

There are two important things: recruiting the players [which let's all be honest, Callahan did a great job in recruiting] and developing those players into top level athletes [something which Callahan was extremely lacking]. You can get all the stars you want, but as a coach, if you don't develop them into top tier talents, you might as well just be going after 2 and 3 star players.

Our class this year looks pretty strong, wether you want to admit it or not. Bo and his guys are working hard to get talent to Nebraska so they can develop them into better athletes.

By the way, those "stars" that you live and die by don't show an athletes willing to work, his work ethic, his commitment to the team, his commitment to the classroom, his commitment to personifying what a college athlete should behave like. Stars only subjectively measure "ability" They don't even come close to scraping the surface of how they turn out. There are 2 stars that turn out better than 5 stars.

If they some way, in some facility, do, then explain to me how Notre Dame always signs a Top 25 class only to suck every year.

Recruting talent doesn't mean squat if you can't do jacksh#t to develop the talent you just recruited. And since Cally hasn't been here the last 4 years (and Bo has) what makes you think any of them would have even sniffed the NFL if he had stayed. I don't understand your line of reasoning....and I am being honest about it.

I would be curious to strength of schedule and quality wins. Does taking South Dakota down to the wire count as a quality win?

I would be curious to whether you think all of those other coaches and teams have never had a close win against a bad team. I absolutely HATE when people bring up this SoS crap and always assume Nebraska is the only team to play bad opponents.

All I have to do is think back to how good Suh was before Pelini and how good he was after Peini. I think that if anyone argues this fact then you are bilnd, crazy, and will never be happy with any coach or results. We always should strive to be better. I do this in my job or I wouldn't do it period. Bo, has a knack to develope players no matter what star rankings they were at. This will help eventually, Bo and Staff, able to go after better athletes and have a great shot at landing them. This is Nebraska and it is all about working hard and being rewarded for your work. Recruiting is no different you will be rewarded if you keep producing NFL level players.

• Fire 1

No kidding! Okie State gets beaten by Iowa State, Michigan gets beaten by Iowa, come on! So Nebraska had a few bad games. Since people are so fond of holding up Urban Meyer look at Florida State now? You can't tell me he didn't know that after Tebow left that team was going to start losing games big time. What were they-6-6 after Tebow left. Meyer was only 8-5 his last season at Florida. Hmmm...even 'great' coaches have their off seasons.

AF you really need to do yourself a favor and really go look at the average stars of Bo's recruits to Callahan's recruits, you will be SHOCKED to learn that Bo is bringing in as good of talent and current trends show Bo will have a better overall track record soon. The one area Cahallan did better that relates to recruiting is the numbers he brought in. Bo isn't as willing to make space on a roster as Callahan seemed to be, but you could argue that based on the drop out rate under Callahan that he benefited from that more than making room.

I went ahead and pulled the recruiting numbers from Rivals so we can put this "Bo can't recruit" myth to bed.

Bo

2012 - 9 verbal commits, average star rating of 3.56 (5ea 4 Stars, 4ea 3 Stars)

2011 - 19 signees, average star rating of 3.53 (11ea 4 Stars, 7ea 3 Stars)

2010 - 21 signees, average star rating of 3.24 (8ea 4 Stars, 10ea 3 Stars)

2009 - 20 signees, average star rating of 3.25 (5ea 4 Stars, 15ea 3 Stars)

2008 - 28 signees, average star rating of 2.96 (1ea 5 Star, 2ea 4 Stars, 20ea 3 Stars)

97 signees/verbals, average star rating of 3.25 [1ea 5 Star (1%), 31ea 4 Stars (32%), 56ea 3 Stars (58%)]

Callahan

2007 - 27 signees, average star rating of 3.33 (10 ea 4 Stars, 16ea 3 Stars)

2006 - 22 signees, average star rating of 3.27 (1ea 5 Stars, 5 ea 4 Stars, 15ea 3 Stars)

2005 - 30 signees, average star rating of 3.33 (2ea 5 Stars, 11ea 4 Stars, 12ea 3 Stars)

2004 - 18 signees, average star rating of 2.83 (2ea 4 Stars, 11ea 3 Stars)

97 signees, average star rating of 3.22 [3ea 5 Stars (3%), 28ea 4 Stars (29%), 54ea 3 Stars (56%)]

A few things to note IMO:

1. Bo has slightly outdone Callahan in average star rating and the # of 4 and 3 Star recruits brought in.

2. Callahan brought in 2 more 5 stars in his time and has the advantage of bringing in a higher number per year.

a. Callahan's average signee count over 4 years was 24.25

b. Bo's average signee count over his first 4 years was 22, and his 2012 class won't help that average. If Bo signs 16 this year, his average will fall to 20.8.

c. The average attrition rate is around 50% from what I have been able to find. This means Callahan would find 12 players each year to Bo's 10, that adds up to 8 players over 4 years.

You can't bang on Bo for not bringing in the talent, you can bang on him for not bringing in enough of it IMO. That is an issue with roster management, not his or his staff's ability to recruit.

• Fire 4