Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

Snowpiercer-poster.jpg

Watched Snowpiercer last night. Dystopian flick about all of remaining humanity riding around and around the globe on a train. Mostly about the caste system on the train, which I guess is a metaphor for the caste systems in society. It was an okay movie. Quite unique. But the engineer in me just can't dismiss the implausibility of a train continuing to operate for 20 years with no outside maintenance.

I like this as well, is was pretty enjoyable, and a lot of the characters were pretty bombastic, it had some majot plot holes but overall the story moved at a good pace. I like how the level of decadence went up as they went forward, and the highest level was actually being alone. Although I find the narrative of rich= evil, and repressive; poor=repressed, exploited and somehow inherently noble/moral to be getting old..

30KILLING_SPAN-articleLarge.jpg

Anyone watch "Killing Them Softly" with Brad Pitt? It vaguely has the feel of "Snatch", another Brad Pitt gangster movie. Except this one mixes in the dialogue of political speeches, usually from a TV or radio playing in the background. Sort of neat the way they did that.

• 2 weeks later...

Found a list of titles available in December on Netflix.

What do the dates mean - that these titles will be available ONLY for those days listed, or that it's a staggered release of those titles throughout those day?

Source article wasn't very clear.

Available December 1st:

A Knight’s Tale (2001)
Almost Famous (2000)
American Beauty (1999)
Bewitched (2005)
Camp Takota (2014)
Crossroads (2002)
Jewtopia (2012)
Knights of Badassdom (2014)
Madison (2005)
Out of the Clear Blue Sky (2012)
Out of Time (2003)
The Out-of-Towners (1999)
Troop Beverly Hills (1989)
Turbo FAST: New Episodes (2014)

Available December 3rd-6th:

American Horror Story: Coven (2013)
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues: Super Sized Version (2013)
Ava & Lala (2014)
Bill Burr: I’m Sorry You Feel That Way (2014)
Oculus (2014)
Sharknado 2: The Second One (2014)
Son of God (2014)

Available December 8th-11th:

Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown: Season Three (2013)
A Haunted House 2 (2014)
Drive Hard (2014)
I Am Ali (2014)
The Village (2004)
The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)

Available December 12th-15th:

Broadchurch: Season One (2013)
Don’t Blink (2014)
Jake Squared (2014)
Marco Polo (2014)
Nick Offerman: American Ham (2014)

Available December 18th-23rd:

All Hail King Julien (2014)
Dark Skies (2013)
The Honourable Woman: Season One (2013)
Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones (2014)
Ragnarok (2014)
Romy and Michele’s High School Reunion (1997)
The Trip to Italy (2014)

Available December 24th-30th:

Behaving Badly (2014)
Child of God (2014)
Comedy Bang! Bang!: Season Three (2013)
Good People (2014)
I, Frankenstein (2014)
Jessie: Season Three (2013)
Labor Day (2013)
Last Weekend (2014)
Legends of Oz: Dorothy’s Return (2014)
Maron: Season 2 (2013)

• Fire 1
  • 3 weeks later...

What do the dates mean - that these titles will be available ONLY for those days listed, or that it's a staggered release of those titles throughout those day?

<snip>

Available December 12th-15th:

Broadchurch: Season One (2013)

Don’t Blink (2014)

Jake Squared (2014)

Marco Polo (2014)

Nick Offerman: American Ham (2014)

Surely Marco Polo has to be airing beyond Dec. 15, doesn't it? It's a Netflix original series.

edit: Put the question in. Sorry Moiraine. :lol:

I believe NUance is answering my question.

Sorry Moiraine. That probly didn't make sense above because I didn't have Knapp's question in my post. I edited it to make sense after your post. :lol:

Anyway, I started watching the series Marco Polo last night and the first couple of episodes are pretty good.

I feel like a butthead now. Netflix is basically the only tv/movies/anything I watch so I know they don't really have shows that run for 3 days only (although someone will probably prove me wrong).

Anyhow, they're the staggered release dates for the shows listed. Usually they stay available for a year or more and others get taken away.

• Fire 1

I feel like a butthead now. Netflix is basically the only tv/movies/anything I watch so I know they don't really have shows that run for 3 days only (although someone will probably prove me wrong).

Anyhow, they're the staggered release dates for the shows listed. Usually they stay available for a year or more and others get taken away.

Hey Moiraine, take a look at Marco Polo. I watched the first couple of episodes and it seems pretty good. Plus it's historical fiction, so there must be a bit of educational value. :lol: