Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

Daniel.jpg

Watched "The Book of Daniel" a couple days ago. If you're looking for an action packed saga with sex and violence, this probly isn't your best choice. But if you want to see a movie that portrays the bible book of Daniel with fair accuracy, then I'd say it's a pretty good movie. At least I thought it was pretty good. :thumbs:

LOL.

For anybody interested in learning more about individuals with different intellectual disabilities, there's a couple of very good documentaries up right now.

Best Kept Secret is a doc that follows the progress of a special needs class in Newark, New Jersey. The class is part of JFK School, a school that caters to individuals with wide-ranging disabilities, and the doc focuses specifically on a class/few individuals on the Autism spectrum in particular. It delves into the journey to develop life and communication skills for individuals with autism, as well as the struggles they face transitioning away from the safe haven of school and out into the real world. It also examines the challenges faced by family members in caring for them.

The second movie, Monica and David, is a little more lighthearted and follows a couple who both have Down Syndrome. It shows the journey from dating to marriage and subsequent life for them. I'd characterize it as a bit more feel-good than the more serious first doc, but they both have their moments.

Anyway, I've been volunteering at day/evening camp for individuals with different disorders since the fall, and may work there this summer as well. I get a lot of enjoyment out of working with and learning from people who have various disorders. Of course, there's a large part of the general populace that stigmatizes intellectual and developmental disabilities, or feels otherwise uneducated or uncomfortable interacting with such people. Educate yourself, if you have some time.

• Fire 1

If you are not watching House of Cards, we can't be friends anymore.

If you're talking to me, we definitely aren't friends. I have watched the first two episodes, started really slow. We will see if I resume it.

I wasn't specifically referring to you. But House of Cards is too good to ignore.

And you're right. We aren't friends. You should look to me more as a father figure. I know that's what your mom would appreciate.

If you are not watching House of Cards, we can't be friends anymore.

If you're talking to me, we definitely aren't friends. I have watched the first two episodes, started really slow. We will see if I resume it.

I wasn't specifically referring to you. But House of Cards is too good to ignore.

And you're right. We aren't friends. You should look to me more as a father figure. I know that's what your mom would appreciate.

Dad? Is it really you?

• Fire 1

Watched the first 3 episodes of The Last Man on Earth on Hulu. Enjoyed it quite a bit so far.

I'm wanting to watch this.

I am watching "Friends." I haven't seen it before.

Watched some Marco Polo, will finish it.

And still in the first season of House of Cards.

Also this show is amazing!

unbreakable-kimmy-schmidt.jpg?w=670&h=37

I've tried 2 or 3 episodes. I don't think I finished the 3rd one but I'm still trying to figure out what makes this show so 'amazing' to some people. Different strokes I get that but some people really love this show. Maybe I need to watch a few more episodes but so far I'm at a loss as to why some people think it's so great.

Watched the first 3 episodes of The Last Man on Earth on Hulu. Enjoyed it quite a bit so far.

I'm wanting to watch this.

I am watching "Friends." I haven't seen it before.

Watched some Marco Polo, will finish it.

And still in the first season of House of Cards.

Also this show is amazing!

unbreakable-kimmy-schmidt.jpg?w=670&h=37

I've tried 2 or 3 episodes. I don't think I finished the 3rd one but I'm still trying to figure out what makes this show so 'amazing' to some people. Different strokes I get that but some people really love this show. Maybe I need to watch a few more episodes but so far I'm at a loss as to why some people think it's so great.

If you're not a fan of the fast-paced, cerebral, self-deprecating comedy (e.g. 30 Rock), then you probably won't get into this, as it's done by the same folks.

It's not everyone's cup of tea, but if you're a fan of 30 Rock, you'll probably like this and should give it a go.

Frankly, I can't wait for Season 2, as I'm sure the humor will be darker and the lack of network restrictions (remember--this whole season was filmed with the intent on airing on NBC before the network decided to go another direction) will help the show shine brighter.