Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

The Aviator was just added to Netflix.

Another movie Leonardo DiCaprio didn't win an Oscar for because male Oscar voters are threatened by how attractive he is.

Or because it was so long and slow-moving that everyone was asleep by the end.

You take that back! Ha ha!

I watched The Aviator when it came out. But I'm looking forward to seeing it again. Howard Hughes intrigues me. I've read a couple books about him, and he was quite an interesting guy. Even at the end when he went bonkers. :lol:

I usually love historic movies. And Hughes should be about as interesting as there is. But that movie just seemed to drag on forever.

joe-paterno.jpg

Watched part of the documentary "Happy Valley" last night about Joe Paterno and the Sandusky scandal. Paterno's son, when told his dad would soon be fired said, "Why would you do this to this team right now? We were 8-1 and two games up in the Big Ten. We beat Nebraska and Ohio State."

This is another case of the Paterno family history revision memory. Penn State did not beat Nebraska in 2011 just before Paterno got fired. The Huskers won 17-14.

EDIT: I went back and listened to that again. A couple times. Even though that's what he said ("We beat Nebraska and Ohio State"), I think he meant, "[if] we beat Nebraska and Ohio State" ... we could end up in the B1G title game. That makes sense since the whole Joe Pa scandal came to a head the week *before* Penn State played us.

11189473_ori.jpg

Watched "Nightcrawler" last night. It's about a freelance crime scene news cameraman. Not an earth shattering movie, but decent.

We watched that a while back. Not my favorite movie ever, but it was good

Your GF must be a *lot* more open minded about movies than my wife. I could never get her to watch a flick like that. And she used to be a TV news reporter covering stuff like that in Washington D.C. (and LA before that). She'll only watch comedies and chick-flicks.

My 5-year old son, OTOH, would watch nearly anything I want to watch with him--except the Golf Channel. lol. A movie like this isn't appropriate for a 5 year-old, of course. But we've been watching Bob's Burgers, Adventure Time and Futurama with him. Any of which I like better than the chick-flicks and comedies that my wife wants to watch.

btw, the animated show Archer (which is the best show on TV right now), is totally inappropriate for a 5 year-old. But I did let him watch the first couple of minutes of the episode in season 4 where Archer assumes the identity of Bob at Bob's Burgers, even though it was a bit violent. My kid thought that was pretty cool, since the same actor does the voice of both Bob of Bob's Burgers and Archer. :lol:

11189473_ori.jpg

Watched "Nightcrawler" last night. It's about a freelance crime scene news cameraman. Not an earth shattering movie, but decent.

Your GF must be a *lot* more open minded about movies than my wife. I could never get her to watch a flick like that. And she used to be a TV news reporter covering stuff like that in Washington D.C. (and LA before that). She'll only watch comedies and chick-flicks.

My 5-year old son, OTOH, would watch nearly anything I want to watch with him--except the Golf Channel. lol. A movie like this isn't appropriate for a 5 year-old, of course. But we've been watching Bob's Burgers, Adventure Time and Futurama with him. Any of which I like better than the chick-flicks and comedies that my wife wants to watch.

btw, the animated show Archer (which is the best show on TV right now), is totally inappropriate for a 5 year-old. But I did let him watch the first couple of minutes of the episode in season 4 where Archer assumes the identity of Bob at Bob's Burgers, even though it was a bit violent. My kid thought that was pretty cool, since the same actor does the voice of both Bob of Bob's Burgers and Archer. :lol:

We don't watch movies like that a lot. We mostly stick to comedies. She watches her chick flick/love dramas when she's home by herself or something. We tend to watch a lot of tv shows because she thinks it makes the time pass slower (IDK).

We just rewatched all of How I Met Your Mother because she liked it so much the first time I made her watch it. She doesn't like Archer because she doesn't get most of the references. But she'll watch anything that we can turn into a drinking game! :thumbs

11189473_ori.jpg

We don't watch movies like that a lot. We mostly stick to comedies. She watches her chick flick/love dramas when she's home by herself or something. We tend to watch a lot of tv shows because she thinks it makes the time pass slower (IDK).

We just rewatched all of How I Met Your Mother because she liked it so much the first time I made her watch it. She doesn't like Archer because she doesn't get most of the references. But she'll watch anything that we can turn into a drinking game! :thumbs

Ha ha! We're working our way through "How I Met Your Mother" too. It's one of the few shows she'll watch. Last year I had to suffer through the entirety of "Desperate Housewives". Okay, okay, I'll admit it. I sort of enjoyed it too. :ph34r:

Netflix Movies

7/1 Alive

7/1 A Honest

7/1 Bad Hair Day

7/1 Bionicle: The Legend Reborn

7/1 Bulworth

7/1 Dave Attell: Road Work

7/1 Grandma's Boy

7/1 Hostage

7/1 La Reina del Sur

7/1 Invizimals: The Alliance Files

7/1 Piglet's Big Movie

7/1 Saw V

7/1 Set Fire to the Stars

7/1 Shooting Fish

7/1 The Secret of Roan Inish

7/1 Underworld: Evolution

7/4 Faults

7/7 Monster High: Scaris, City of Frights

7/9 Monsters: The Dark Continent

7/9 Serena

7/10 Chris Tucker Live

7/14 Creep

7/14 Goodbye to All That

7/14 Lost Soul: The Doomed Journey of Richard Stanleys Island of Dr. Moreau

7/15 Da Sweet Blood of Jesus

7/15 Penguins of Madagascar

7/15 The Physician

7/16 Changeling

7/17 The Human Experiment

7/17 Tig

7/18 Java Heat

7/23 Teacher of the Year

7/25 The Guest

7/28 Comet

7/30 Almost Mercy

7/30 The Wrecking Crew

7/30 Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp

Netflix TV

7/1 Death in Paradise: Season 3

7/1 Octonauts: Season 3

7/1 El Señor de los Cielos: Seasons 12

7/1 Velvet: Season 2

7/3 Knights of Sidonia: Season 2

7/4 Hell on Wheels: Season 4

7/4 White Collar: Season 6

7/7 Witches of East End: Season 2

7/10 Violetta: Seasons 12

7/14 Bad Ink: Season 1

7/14 Bible Secrets Revealed: Season 1

7/14 Preachers' Daughters: Season 2

7/14 Storage Wars: Texas: Season 1

7/14 The Killer Speaks: Season 2

7/15 H20 Mermaid Adventures (5 new episodes)

7/17 BoJack Horseman: Season 2

7/18 Glee: Season 6

7/28 Marvel's Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.: Season 2

7/30 My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic: Season 5

7/31 Turbo Fast: Season 2

LINK

Better mark 7/30 on your calendar LOMS. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

farmland_less_10_1_635629193972993750.jp

Watched the documentary film "Farmland" this morning. It's about six young farmers/ranchers. I'd recommend it. It's a very good watch. :lol:

One of the guys is a corn farmer from Carroll, Nebraska. The third guy from the right in the pic above.

Has anyone watched the latest seasons of House of Cards or Orange is the New Black? And were they good?

I'm about halfway through Orange is the New Black. It's okay. Not as good as the first season. Haven't started House of Cards yet.

If you want a recommendation, I'd suggest: "Marco Polo". It's good! That is, it's good if you like neked Chinese chicks and violence. :lol:

Has anyone watched the latest seasons of House of Cards or Orange is the New Black? And were they good?

I'm about halfway through Orange is the New Black. It's okay. Not as good as the first season. Haven't started House of Cards yet.

If you want a recommendation, I'd suggest: "Marco Polo". It's good! That is, it's good if you like neked Chinese chicks and violence. :lol:

Finished Orange is the New Black a couple weeks ago. It was decent but def not as good as Season 1 or 2. Ruby Rose though...dear gawd.