Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

Sons of Anarchy started off cool and just got so freaking stupid as it went on.

Oh...
You don't think? That season in Ireland was terrible and the last season was like "Hey, let's see how over-the-top we can make this"
Yeah I hated the Ireland season. I liked the final 2 seasons well enough, but you're right it was over-the-top at times.

Sons of Anarchy started off cool and just got so freaking stupid as it went on.

Oh...
You don't think? That season in Ireland was terrible and the last season was like "Hey, let's see how over-the-top we can make this"
Yeah I hated the Ireland season. I liked the final 2 seasons well enough, but you're right it was over-the-top at times.

That Ireland season might have been one of the stupidest seasons in the history of TV...

Currently rotating between Sons of Anarchy and Breaking Bad

Can't go wrong with Breaking Bad. I've been through it 3 times and thinking about having another go at it.

Currently been binging on House of Cards on Netflix since Christmas time. It's really good. Didn't think I would like it but got hooked. It's one of those shows where you end up hating almost all of the characters and keep watching in the hopes they will have to pay for all the bad sh#t they do.

Currently rotating between Sons of Anarchy and Breaking Bad

Can't go wrong with Breaking Bad. I've been through it 3 times and thinking about having another go at it.

Currently been binging on House of Cards on Netflix since Christmas time. It's really good. Didn't think I would like it but got hooked. It's one of those shows where you end up hating almost all of the characters and keep watching in the hopes they will have to pay for all the bad sh#t they do.

I should go back and rewatch Breaking Bad. Loved it the first time. Really it's one of the greatest series ever.

You might give "Battle Creek" a try, JJ. It's another series by Vince Gilligan. (Although nothing at all like BB.) :thumbs:

Making a murderer. Jump on the hype train. It's unreal.

True story - documentary series. But clearly biased against Manitowoc cops and detectives (Wisconsin).

IMO, Steven Avery was a bipolar mind and split personalities during 18 years prison time (falsely accused). One aspect, he appeared kindness and happy go lucky guy. He was exonerated and released from prison. The other aspect, insane, growing revenge, SA vs. the world. In other words, time bomb ....... eventually explode. I'm pretty sure Avery found guilty in Teresa Halbach case. Planted and tampered evidences? I say far fetched theory.

The only question, why Teresa Halback victim? I thought only Manitowoc cops and/or Penny Beernsten revenge targets.

And 16 years old Brendan Dassey story (supposedly co-perpetrator partners, Steven Avery nephew). Guilty or not ??... I have no idea. I'm surprised life sentence ... 16 years old

avery-and-dassey.jpg

Steven Avery and Brendan Dessey

lg.jpg

Teresa Halbach (rape and murder victim)

I've been close to watching Making A Murderer but now I keep hearing about all of the pieces of evidence that were left out/ignored in the documentary. I love documentaries so hearing how there were a lot of things left out as far as evidence is maddening and doesn't motivate me to want to watch it now. Bah.

edit; Oh well. I started watching it now. It's really good so far.

Making a murderer. Jump on the hype train. It's unreal.

True story - documentary series. But clearly biased against Manitowoc cops and detectives (Wisconsin).

IMO, Steven Avery was a bipolar mind and split personalities during 18 years prison time (falsely accused). One aspect, he appeared kindness and happy go lucky guy. He was exonerated and released from prison. The other aspect, insane, growing revenge, SA vs. the world. In other words, time bomb ....... eventually explode. I'm pretty sure Avery found guilty in Teresa Halbach case. Planted and tampered evidences? I say far fetched theory.

The only question, why Teresa Halback victim? I thought only Manitowoc cops and/or Penny Beernsten revenge targets.

And 16 years old Brendan Dassey story (supposedly co-perpetrator partners, Steven Avery nephew). Guilty or not ??... I have no idea. I'm surprised life sentence ... 16 years old

avery-and-dassey.jpg

Steven Avery and Brendan Dessey

lg.jpg

Teresa Halbach (rape and murder victim)

I think you nailed it. It sounds like Steven Avery didn't commit the first crime, the rape in 1985. But then, perplexingly, it seems like he's guilty of the murder of Teresa Halbach. If Steve Avery and his family had been a bit more savvy it seems like they could have found one law firm to litigate both his $36 million wrongful conviction lawsuit and also the murder case. Sure, there's no way he would come close to collecting $36 million. But that suit had to be worth $5 million or so, give or take. It was a shame he settled for a pittance of $400k for 18 years of wrongful imprisonment.

Actually $400K settlement was only $250K Avery money. The remaining lawsuit, lawyers "fees" (outrageous IMO).

Your sentiments regarding attorneys are well documented on this site, but a 33-40% contingency fee in civil litigation is pretty common.

Man in the High Castle was legit, I would for sure recommend it.

The Killing was alright but there was a ton of buffer episodes. I should have just watched the first 2 seasons.

Just started watching making a murderer.

Plan on watching True Detective and Walking Dead next.

If you haven't watched "The Ridiculous 6" on Netflix, and you like comedies, watch it.

I'd never heard of it, but it's an Adam Sandler movie that didn't get any publicity (might be a Netflix exclusive) and it's really funny. It has all the usual actors that are in Adam Sandler movies, like Rob Schneider.

If you haven't watched "The Ridiculous 6" on Netflix, and you like comedies, watch it.

I'd never heard of it, but it's an Adam Sandler movie that didn't get any publicity (might be a Netflix exclusive) and it's really funny. It has all the usual actors that are in Adam Sandler movies, like Rob Schneider.

Ridiculous 6 got press when all the Native American actors walked off set for all the racist sh#t in the movie lol