QB Malik Zaire [Notre Dame Commit]

Nexus

You can't believe a word these recruits say. A week ago he wasn't going to commit until he visited all the schools he really wanted to see. Then he goes up to ND and instantly pulls the trigger. A couple things here 1. ND must have put some pressure on him to commit... Malik even said something along the lines of "the opportunity was just too good to pass up." That's a very broad statement, wouldn't be a bit surprised if there was some sort of incentive to commit thrown at him (cash, clothes, etc.). 2. I still think he will take some visits and will come see Nebraska. I also think that when he does take the visits, he will see a school or two that do in fact compare to ND and do in fact beat them in some areas... the kid will get confused about what he wants at some point, and will most likely flounder on his commitment to ND. He could still come our way, no doubt.

Well, if he is looking more at academics and getting a job when he graduates good for him. If he is looking at being a QB in college then I have to say bad choice. But, he may be willing to play another position, or at least I hope he is, because he's not going to see much if any time at QB.

• Fire 1

You can't believe a word these recruits say. A week ago he wasn't going to commit until he visited all the schools he really wanted to see. Then he goes up to ND and instantly pulls the trigger. A couple things here 1. ND must have put some pressure on him to commit... Malik even said something along the lines of "the opportunity was just too good to pass up." That's a very broad statement, wouldn't be a bit surprised if there was some sort of incentive to commit thrown at him (cash, clothes, etc.). 2. I still think he will take some visits and will come see Nebraska. I also think that when he does take the visits, he will see a school or two that do in fact compare to ND and do in fact beat them in some areas... the kid will get confused about what he wants at some point, and will most likely flounder on his commitment to ND. He could still come our way, no doubt.

:facepalm:

• Fire 1
  • 5 weeks later...