S Marcus McWilson [Kentucky - Signed NLI]

Nexus

While it might only be a matter of time, he has not officially committed to Kentucky yet. Can we update the thread to take off the Kentucky tag at least until we have our at home visit on Tuesday. Slim chances are a given but let's not add more fuel to the fire.

If someone has an official commit to Kentucky statement from him, please share to show why the tag is there. The most I have seen is that he is "leaning toward Kentucky" in his comments.

I second that motion.

I third it. I keep checking back in looking for a Sean Callahan update or a McWilson tweet that makes it official, but I'm not seeing it yet.

I haven't been here very long and haven't looked at too many recruiting threads but After reading both this and the Walker guys threads I think some posters need to find better "insider" information.

Hopefully the staff can get this guy back on board.

Or maybe do a bit more research before you accuse people of this. Realize these kids talk out of both sides of their mouth.

We will have to hope that TJ can work some magic and keep Mr. McWilson :bigredn: Hope, TJ is ready to be a closer! Love seeing his "Boom" tweets :D

I really, really, hope that he stays because if we get Drake as well, we do have 4 safeties in this class, really makes next year look better. Here's to optimism!

:wasted

Not every kid feels like they have to walk into a school that is full of winning tradition. I actually respect some of these kids. They are the type that believe in themselves, their teammates and their coaches and want to build that winning tradition. If recruiting was as big of a national spectacle back when Devaney was hired people would have been saying the same thing about many of those guys that built NU football. They did it because they believed in something greater than past performance being a guarantee of future results.

Plus the kid is going to be with a guy who is like a second father to him. Good luck to McWilson. At least he did it the right way as opposed to a certain other commit that shall remain nameless.

Nailed just about everything in this post, especially the bolded sentences. After a few days of irrational hysteria at the thought of getting a recruit stolen by Kentucky, I have come back to the realm of reason, realizing that he probably had his own personal reasons for picking them besides prestige. Good luck to the kid, by all accounts he sounded like a high-character, level-headed individual who would have been a positive representative of the program both on and off the field. Won't be surprised if he has an outstanding career at UK.

I think we may trump up 'tradition' more than it may be worth ( I know that sounds like blasphemy). Extending the 'tradition' sales-pitch to recruits, like blessed2bahusker alluded to, Old glory stories make us feel warm and cozy inside as fans but it has decreases in impact as a selling point with each year we don't sustain that level, or very near that level, of winning, making the winning of championships a 'tradition'. Our traditions of prior success is long-gone and we had to start back up from scratch after 2007 to hopefully try to get near that level (it was a ridiculous standard of winning that will likely never be replicated again in CFB and unrealistic to expect). As the years go on recruits will be less and less familiar with our prior status unless they catch the occasional reference on ESPN. My perception is that the tradition and the pageantry that elicits the fuzzy feel-good sentiments for fanbases of CFB powerhouses, is becoming less and less of a selling point for top recruits anyway these days. In this hyper-commecialization era, it seems finding the school which gives you the best chance to make yourself into a bona fide marketable, superstar athlete to eventually land in the NFL has increasingly become one of the biggest priorities for many of the nation's top recruits. I could be completely wrong though, I'm not the one visiting recruits in their living room.

• Fire 1

Marrow was a huge loss and i still can't believe Bo let this happen. Although its said he tried and Eik didn't sign off on it. Marrow has known the McWilson's for years not just from recruiting him. They have been family friends. Although we will be just fine Marrow had Ohio by the balls, especially with Urban recruiting more nationally. He knows tons of kids in Ohio and lots of parents, and lots of em are just getting thru HS, he would have been great to have on the staff.

Let's just hope this doesn't affect Courtney Love. There is a reason a ton of schools wanted him, had he not hated OSU Urban would have been all over him, not even counting the Stoops' and Monte Kiffin, some great defensive minds wanted this kid, he is very underrated, and I know he's already enrolled in classes. I just hope he's happy.

This is one reason you can't be mad at Bo for using Marrow while he had him, he got us a couple great prospects. Besides if you had someone like him sitting on the bench, to not use him just because he was a GA and could leave is stupid. There is a reason we worked some loopholes to get him out there recruiting. Just having Courtney Love will be worth not getting a couple others because he left.

• Fire 1

Marrow was a huge loss and i still can't believe Bo let this happen. Although its said he tried and Eik didn't sign off on it. Marrow has known the McWilson's for years not just from recruiting him. They have been family friends. Although we will be just fine Marrow had Ohio by the balls, especially with Urban recruiting more nationally. He knows tons of kids in Ohio and lots of parents, and lots of em are just getting thru HS, he would have been great to have on the staff.

Let's just hope this doesn't affect Courtney Love. There is a reason a ton of schools wanted him, had he not hated OSU Urban would have been all over him, not even counting the Stoops' and Monte Kiffin, some great defensive minds wanted this kid, he is very underrated, and I know he's already enrolled in classes. I just hope he's happy.

This is one reason you can't be mad at Bo for using Marrow while he had him, he got us a couple great prospects. Besides if you had someone like him sitting on the bench, to not use him just because he was a GA and could leave is stupid. There is a reason we worked some loopholes to get him out there recruiting. Just having Courtney Love will be worth not getting a couple others because he left.

Who was he going to cut on the staff?

I'm sure Da Skers can verify how true this is, but it's been said that they tried to move Cotton to another position, basically creating a new position from what I've gathered, and th new AD didn't sign off on it, and TO did or would have

That's the word around the water cooler, maybe da Skers will see this and verify as It may not be completely accurate.