Pelini on a Mission

He can talk the talk but can he walk the walk? so far no he can't.

i disagree, bo is still early in his head coaching career and has done a pretty decent job in turning the program around from where it was when he got the job. has he won a conference championship? no but he has been damn close 2 times, ( he should be 1-1 in those games but thats for another time), bo has gotten the program back into the national scene and his recruiting has gotten better each year imo. in another couple years i have a feeling that we will be singing his praises cuz nebraska will be BIG champions and in a BCS game again

how about getting his team ready for big games and not constantly shoot themselves in the foot most of the time? Yes things are better. I'm not dissing Bo just he needs to actually do these things instead of constantly talk about them.

Bo does these things but do the PLAYERS DO THESE THINGS? Obviously not all the time. We've talked about this to death-Bo can motivate and get his kids ready until he's blue in the face but if they don't do what he tells them to do what then?

Sorry but there are teams out there with less talent and somehow manage to get ready for big games. Next thing you will tell me is that Les Miles didn't have his team ready to play in the championship game. I can handle getting out played but not when it's our own fault.

Care to give us any examples?

Boise St., TCU, Utah(Pre-Pac12)

So could it be countered that Michigan(vs App State), Okie State(vs ISU), Va Tech(vsJames Madison), USC(vs Oregon St. multiple times under Pete Caroll) were let down by their HC's for not having teams ready to play. All pretty well reknown coaches in their own right.

i sure wouldn't say he is close to the top.....at least he understands he can't recruit with the big boys, Miles, Saban and Meyer, he also has a whole stable of assistant coaches with little to show for their own accomplishments........he is trying to do things the hard way, but that is what you would expect from Bo, pretty damn unconventional. playing smarter is coaching smarter and getting your kids to execute, we're still waiting Bo.............

Sorry but there are teams out there with less talent and somehow manage to get ready for big games. Next thing you will tell me is that Les Miles didn't have his team ready to play in the championship game. I can handle getting out played but not when it's our own fault.

Those teams only have to get up for one game a year. We're really good at that - the last three years, we've gotten up for games that appeared to be division championship games (2009 vs. KSU, 2010 vs. Missouri, 2011 vs. Michigan State). We dominated those games.

Boise State, TCU, and Utah have only had to play one big game a year. The rest of their games are mostly pushovers more comparable to South Dakota State or Tennessee-Chatanooga than to Northwestern or Iowa State, and their toughest opponents (who they still lose to about once a year) would be in the mid to lower tier of the Big Ten.

Our problem isn't getting ready for big games, it's getting ready for EVERY game. Our players need to adopt Chip Kelly's phrase: "Every week is the super bowl."

So could it be countered that Michigan(vs App State), Okie State(vs ISU), Va Tech(vsJames Madison), USC(vs Oregon St. multiple times under Pete Caroll) were let down by their HC's for not having teams ready to play. All pretty well reknown coaches in their own right.

To a rational person it surely could.

I guess all those coaches s*cked. Texas has lost four games in a row to KSU. M. Brown must s*ck. U. Meyer's last season at Florida went 8 - 5 (5 losses!.....my Gawd!!) including blowout losses to rival's FSU & Bama. He s*cks.

Oklahoma losing to Baylor? Stoops s*cks. Iowa losing to Minnesota? It goes on & on. There's a lot of bad coaches out there, huh?

I would guess that the average fan for most teams can name 6-8 players on the roster. I would also guess that he average Husker fan can name 6-8 lineman on the two deep, the top 3 RBs, qbs and at least 2 of the DBS.

Ha! And that may be on the low side ;)

Da Skers, I have to ask. A month ago you started a thread proclaiming "Sports journalism has hit a new low.":

For the record....our AP writer for Nebraska football along with another OWH reporter are wanting to write a negative story on Bo in the up coming days. I say wanting because they are calling boosters and asking loaded questions that are in a negative slant to serve the purpose of the story. One guy is already stating he was not asked a single positive question about Bo in the 10 minutes he talked to this reporter and he pointed it out to the guy. I can't believe these guys call themselves reporters doing that crap and I wish UNL would set up more Randy York stuff and send it out daily to the news papers to counter act this type of crap. They are being very specific and trying to generate a negative response. As a former journalist, stuff like this pisses me off. These two guys are going out of their way to try and create hate for a public individual that can't even legally protect himself. And they wonder why they get short, sh#t answers when they ask them.

Please remember this when you're reading the "spin" from a couple of guys with no journalistic integrity what so ever.

Is this it? If not, what happened to it? Are we still waiting on it to come out?

There were several phone calls made and the story got re evaluated. My guess is it will get dug up next time the idiot thinks the sky is falling. But for now it got squashed.

To a rational person it surely could.

I guess all those coaches s*cked. Texas has lost four games in a row to KSU. M. Brown must s*ck. U. Meyer's last season at Florida went 8 - 5 (5 losses!.....my Gawd!!) including blowout losses to rival's FSU & Bama. He s*cks.

Oklahoma losing to Baylor? Stoops s*cks. Iowa losing to Minnesota? It goes on & on. There's a lot of bad coaches out there, huh?

Mack Brown does suck. Only if the Semenholes manage to not win a conference title in the next 5 years with their great recruiting classes will he have an equal in suckiness(I'm looking at you Jimbo). If one were looking for a coach that does a lot with a little, I'd submit Bill Snyder's name instead of those mentioned. I don't like that old prick, but he is a good coach. Too bad for him his destiny was K-State. That is all I have to contribute to this thread. Peace out.

Probably the best article that I've ever read. It's great to see that Bo was an open book, much like TO is at times. These comments by Bo are the reason I have been a Bo-liever since he began here. I've always got the sense that these were his feelings, but it's good to hear him come out and talk about it. Especially the part about him loving it here and wanting to stick around. :thumbs

He can talk the talk but can he walk the walk? so far no he can't.

i disagree, bo is still early in his head coaching career and has done a pretty decent job in turning the program around from where it was when he got the job. has he won a conference championship? no but he has been damn close 2 times, ( he should be 1-1 in those games but thats for another time), bo has gotten the program back into the national scene and his recruiting has gotten better each year imo. in another couple years i have a feeling that we will be singing his praises cuz nebraska will be BIG champions and in a BCS game again

how about getting his team ready for big games and not constantly shoot themselves in the foot most of the time? Yes things are better. I'm not dissing Bo just he needs to actually do these things instead of constantly talk about them.

Bo does these things but do the PLAYERS DO THESE THINGS? Obviously not all the time. We've talked about this to death-Bo can motivate and get his kids ready until he's blue in the face but if they don't do what he tells them to do what then?

Yeah I just saw a bunch of professionals, coached by the best coach in football, shoot themselves in the foot over and over again. It's part of the game. It doesn't necessarily come down to poor coaching.

Great read. I think he is here for a long time and that doesn't upset me at all. I think he gets us back to elite level too. GBR!

I'm ready to go with him, even if there are some lumps along the way. I do think he needs to quit blaming the fans as much as he does. I've been here, and I'll probably be here, much longer then he will.

• Fire 1

This is the passion of Bo in Nebraska that I forgot about. This read reminded me of his passion for the Big Red, and his dedication to win us a championship. It's only his fifth year as a head coach, and just like TM, he is maturing into his job. I'm more and more excited every year to see what he can accomplish with our team! GBR