CB Priest Willis [UCLA Commit]

BIG ERN

We need DT badly. Merdith is playing DT!! We always seem to have alot of injuries at DT, so i think we need 2 JUCOs. Toby fell because he cant help us right away but he would still be in my top 5. Gotta say Hooks and Russell are #1 at the moment, followed by Beau and Priest close behind. We are pretty deep at CB with Rose, Jackson and Daniel Davie on the come. Maybe they would chose to play Priest at saftey. We need DT and TE immediately IMO. If Priest goes elsewhere its not going to hurt us that bad. If he comes it would be a feather in the cap of an already talented defense....on paper.

We need DT badly. Merdith is playing DT!! We always seem to have alot of injuries at DT, so i think we need 2 JUCOs. Toby fell because he cant help us right away but he would still be in my top 5. Gotta say Hooks and Russell are #1 at the moment, followed by Beau and Priest close behind. We are pretty deep at CB with Rose, Jackson and Daniel Davie on the come. Maybe they would chose to play Priest at saftey. We need DT and TE immediately IMO. If Priest goes elsewhere its not going to hurt us that bad. If he comes it would be a feather in the cap of an already talented defense....on paper.

Great post! I agree with everything. Priest would really be more of a luxury. I think we are in a similar position at RB; we don't have immediate need, but with the talent that we are in with, how can you not be excited.

I would say Ben Bradley is really close to Hooks and Russell right now. His film looks really good, makes alot of plays for such a stout guy.

I think getting Priest is a perception thing, as well. Not to say we have had bad recruiting classes over the years, but we have been in the "Top 3" of many 5 star guys the last few years and haven't been able to get any of them on board. Just as on the field this season we seem to be getting over the four loss hump, we need to get over this recruiting hump, too.

• Fire 1

I think getting Priest is a perception thing, as well. Not to say we have had bad recruiting classes over the years, but we have been in the "Top 3" of many 5 star guys the last few years and haven't been able to get any of them on board. Just as on the field this season we seem to be getting over the four loss hump, we need to get over this recruiting hump, too.

Gotta keep landing recruits in Cali. Especially ones that are instant contributors. Doesn't matter how deep a position it is. If we take just one player at a position of depth, it should be guys like Priest. Top shelf!

Gotta keep landing recruits in Cali. Especially ones that are instant contributors. Doesn't matter how deep a position it is. If we take just one player at a position of depth, it should be guys like Priest. Top shelf!

I get what you're saying...just pointing out that Priest is from Arizona.

sorry. On my phone. Was replying to a different post. Someone saying Priest was a luxury and was ok if he went somewhere else cause we are so deep in the secondary.

Pretty much what I have top 5 on the recruiting board

1. Hooks/Quincy Russell

2. Priest

3. Hooks/Quincy Russell

4. Sandland

5. Newby/Kemp/Taylor

Pretty much what I have top 5 on the recruiting board

1. Hooks/Quincy Russell

2. Priest

3. Hooks/Quincy Russell

4. Sandland

5. Newby/Kemp/Taylor

..... (:

sorry. On my phone. Was replying to a different post. Someone saying Priest was a luxury and was ok if he went somewhere else cause we are so deep in the secondary.

I was the one who said Priest is a luxury, but please don't misinterpret how great I think it would be of we end up landing Priest. It would be great! But he is not a "must get" because we would manage just fine without him (but would improve with him here for sure).

I understand that our secondary is really deep, but we aren't necessarily that talented at CB. Ciante is a lock-down at Nickel and has become my favorite blackshirt, but the corners have been a little underwhelming this year.

I can't wait to hear the response, "But we are leading the nation in pass defense" or something like that. But Mitchell got absolutely torched against Wisconsin, SJB doesn't seem to battle for the ball like he should, Seisay seems to still be battling an ankle injury but if not then he isn't as good as I thought he would be, and Andrew Green has been pretty so-so IMHO.

This might be solved next year based on everything that we have heard about Jonathan Rose, and I still have high hopes for Charles Jackson, but we could really use an elite CB like Priest. He will get plenty of opportunities to play in our secondary, considering how many DBs we play in comparison to most other teams.

some good points. our best DT's are frosh's tho. no need too back log the position with more than 3. i think Merdith is playing tackle so that Bo doesn't have too throw those kids into the fray and ruin their confidence.

If Rome had come a long at the pace we all had hoped i don't think DT would be such a issue.

If those kids you named were doing so well i think we would have seen them some this year considering our CB by committee approach. but we haven't. which is concerning too me. Mitchell is out there however wich is a good thing.

Too me we Need Willis in case any of the aforementioned kids don't pan out too the potential we hope for them. Kid has the athletic skills, and we could use another Amukamara type too complement Mitchell in the future.

Than you address the safeties and DT's and i think we are Golden.