CB Priest Willis [UCLA Commit]

BIG ERN

After last nights performance I don't have the confidence that we'll be able to pull in any of our major targets.
People who have actually played sports at a high level know that sometimes sh#t happens. They don't like it anymore than the fans but they also know its not the end of the world and means the place sucks and the coaches suck and they'll never win a game. If i'm a recruit i'm looking at this as they are a 10-3 team. They are very good. A few more players like me and we'll be great. Besides....he's looking for a way to get to the NFL. Our DBs are starting there now on several teams.

I don't know how old you are, but I think you might be forgetting what it was like to be 17yrs old. We'll get our share of good recruits, but it will continue to be the guys that the big boys didn't want or didn't have room for and I mean no disrespect to our current pledges, its just how it is.

• Fire 1

After last nights performance I don't have the confidence that we'll be able to pull in any of our major targets.

Always a double edged sword...sure, it brings disappointment and doubt that we are a team on the rise, can hang with the best, etc. But it also means that quality recruits will get early playing time. Dang, I see this all over the defensive side of the ball. Those Juco DT's will be starting from day 1. A talent like Priest will get a lot of playing time. Look how much playing time we gave a juco like Stafford. So a few recruits can also turn a bad situation into something good. And they may be a catalyst for turning things around and for that they will always be loved as heros. We have to go out and still get the best players and hopefully we see Priest as part of this class.

I know what you guys are saying, I'm just frustrated like many other members, but at some point in time we're going to have to win something that makes big time recruits stand up and really take notice of the program. I don't think that is happening right now.

Ask Texas and coach Brown how they feel about players with big stars coming in and not wanting to play hard. They think by showing up they'll be NC. It cost the program two years ago and had him on the hot seat this year.

One of my least favorite players was Benard Thomas. He came in after we won a NC and acted like he himself had won the damn thing and threw it in peoples faces that he played for the National Championship Nebraska Cornhuskers. He didn't work hard until the very end. Thought people would lay down for us. That crop of recruits for a few years and their mind set cost Frank his job. Bandwagon players are as bad as bandwagon fans.

People who have actually played sports at a high level know that sometimes sh#t happens. They don't like it anymore than the fans but they also know its not the end of the world and means the place sucks and the coaches suck and they'll never win a game. If i'm a recruit i'm looking at this as they are a 10-3 team. They are very good. A few more players like me and we'll be great. Besides....he's looking for a way to get to the NFL. Our DBs are starting there now on several teams.

I don't know how old you are, but I think you might be forgetting what it was like to be 17yrs old. We'll get our share of good recruits, but it will continue to be the guys that the big boys didn't want or didn't have room for and I mean no disrespect to our current pledges, its just how it is.

I'm 37 and I work with the youth sports programs. I know how kids think and I see how parents are screwing up sports daily. There are about 45% of the players parents that think that everyone gets a trophy because they tried. There are about 45% of the parents that are win at all costs and my kid will be all world in a few years. Then there are about 5% of the parents that tell their kids to work hard do their best and learn lessons from the experience.

My dad would have kicked the crap out of me if I acted like these kids, gave up in the middle of a game, didn't see the season through, etc. Once you gave a commitment you saw it through. He taught me life isn't fair, don't expect it to be that way and the sooner you can learn to deal with things and make a plan to move forward you're the better for it.

• Fire 4

I'm 37 and I work with the youth sports programs. I know how kids think and I see how parents are screwing up sports daily. There are about 45% of the players parents that think that everyone gets a trophy because they tried. There are about 45% of the parents that are win at all costs and my kid will be all world in a few years. Then there are about 5% of the parents that tell their kids to work hard do their best and learn lessons from the experience.

My dad would have kicked the crap out of me if I acted like these kids, gave up in the middle of a game, didn't see the season through, etc. Once you gave a commitment you saw it through. He taught me life isn't fair, don't expect it to be that way and the sooner you can learn to deal with things and make a plan to move forward you're the better for it.

What about the last 5% of players/parents??

I'm 38yrs old and I understand exactly what you're saying, I too was taught at a very young age that if I wanted anything in life I was going to have to work for it. Unfortunately times have changed we're twenty yrs removed from high school and it is a different world now, recruiting services and social media have completely changed things. Recruits are disturbingly aware off their worth and importance to college programs and they act accordingly. I'm happy to get the 3star athlete who's worked his butt off and really wants to be part of the program, but we also need the next level athletes who have more choices and we get these guys by winning big games making BCS bowls and being relevant. I just don't see this happening under the current regime.

To avoid going off topic any further, I'll just add that I hope Priest decides to play for the Huskers because he's desperately needed.

What about the last 5% of players/parents??

Those are for the special kids.

The 5% that didn't teach their kids math...

I was never good at story problems.

If a train leaves Albuquerque at 12:30pm MST and averages 102 Kmh and is pulling 53 tons. Heading towards this train on the same track is one from Venice, Italy leaving at 6pm Rome standard time the same day averaging 95 Kmh and pulling 32 tons. What time moscow standard time will they collide?

If a train leaves Albuquerque at 12:30pm MST and averages 102 Kmh and is pulling 53 tons. Heading towards this train on the same track is one from Venice, Italy leaving at 6pm Rome standard time the same day averaging 95 Kmh and pulling 32 tons. What time moscow standard time will they collide?

Is this during Daylights savings time or no?

Kmh? Is that a unit of space-time?

Any new word about Willis?

• Fire 1

Seems inefficient using a train to haul such small payloads if you ask me...